Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Some of Souths premierships were won without contesting a grand final, being awarded as minor premiers: 1909; 1914; 1918; 1925;
That's the way it should be imo. If you win the most games over the regular season, then you are the BEST team in the comp.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hmmmm i ran into a player (Assassin and Mr.I will know what i mean)... i am officially holding my judgement of their playing abilities/style for the time being... hmmmm how to say this, maybe friday will be a practice or platform for the finals.... lets hope it wasn't smoke blowing or else I'm back on the sack des and all players bandwagon.
Rubbish. As if they sacrificed a top 4 spot to go under the radar.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Rubbish. As if they sacrificed a top 4 spot to go under the radar.
I believe there is a chance they believed they could go through the regular season based on this style, keeping any changes under wraps until the finals, making it harder for teams to strategise,

That said, if that was the plan, by failing to make the top 4, the plan has failed

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
we will lose this game and the next against penrith

I hate to say it but this season stinks of 2013

We will have excuses like kas being out
Dropped ball etc

I just don't see us going with ANY of the teams in the 8

Our attack is woeful
Mbye and Hoppa are so terrible it isn't even funny

mbye may as well not be on the field he is so badly out of form

Say what you want about Hasler and his game plan but mbye is just not a half at all his long kicking game is attrocious, hasler is not at fault for Mbye finding the fullback on the full 9 times out of 10

He is the new ben roberts

Mbye would be suited to centre like roberts should have been

By the way 1 try assist from Mbye in the last 3 games is garbage
This ^^
We had an awesome roster in 2013 but we lacked team harmony.
This year we have team harmony but lack the roster ..

End of the day both situations cause weak links in the team but the outcome is still the same

We are paying for des' gamble on our team.
Still cannot fathom how someone thinks they can rip the engine out of a Ferrari , replace it with a ford and expect to compete.

Do men get pms?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's the way it should be imo. If you win the most games over the regular season, then you are the BEST team in the comp.
It happens already if you finish at the top of the ladder you win a trophy or plaque and money for the comp.

Finals is a different comp

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I believe there is a chance they believed they could go through the regular season based on this style, keeping any changes under wraps until the finals, making it harder for teams to strategise,

That said, if that was the plan, by failing to make the top 4, the plan has failed

This 'plan' was always headed for failure much like this......

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Believe it or not Ecca I have heard similar to your statement at games. The mind guru has sadly failed.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not Ecca I have heard similar to your statement at games. The mind guru has sadly failed.
This is utterly ridiculous if true that he has tanked a season just because he couldn't come up with a viable game plan to combat all teams during the season.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This is utterly ridiculous if true that he has tanked a season just because he couldn't come up with a viable game plan to combat all teams during the season.
My suggestion has nothing to do with "TANKING" a season, and i used the word "CHANCE" because I really don't believe it, the suggestion was they believed they could make the top 4 playing like chumps and then surprise everyone by changing their style *

*I do not believe this is true

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My suggestion has nothing to do with "TANKING" a season, and i used the word "CHANCE" because I really don't believe it, the suggestion was they believed they could make the top 4 playing like chumps and then surprise everyone by changing their style *

*I do not believe this is true
Playing like chumps on purpose is tanking...but I'm with you I doubt it's true. Surely they would have bought in this new style last weekend to get top 4.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Playing like chumps on purpose is tanking...but I'm with you I doubt it's true. Surely they would have bought in this new style last weekend to get top 4.
I too doubt it is true but you would not believe what you hear at the footy. We talk about conspiracy theories here on the kennel at games they are rife.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It happens already if you finish at the top of the ladder you win a trophy or plaque and money for the comp.

Finals is a different comp
The minor premiers receive the J.J.Giltinan Shield, before the NRL it was awarded to the premiers.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Not a chance, Des' has hardly changed anything in four years, there will be no changes heading into this years finals.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a real possibility of Cook's speed out of dummy half causing our lethargic defence some trouble on Friday.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Last week i was screaming at the telly for the team to shift the ball to the left side when Williams came on but it never happened. Hopefully we can shift the ball to him as soon as he comes on.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There's a real possibility of Cook's speed out of dummy half causing our lethargic defence some trouble on Friday.
Yes, he will kill our markers and then skip behind the line into open space. He'll probably kick a dozen goals as well.
He'll teach our club a lesson that Hasler will completely ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.