Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What happened in the titans/Penrith game? Read that Ryan James ended another players season.. Didn't see it myself, was it really a cheap shot?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What happened in the titans/Penrith game? Read that Ryan James ended another players season.. Didn't see it myself, was it really a cheap shot?
One of those prowler tackles where the guy is held upright by two defenders and a third comes in around the back/ ribs area when the tackled player is not expecting it. Penrith coach and RCG team mates were royally pissed about it.

Anything Ryan James does is cheap. Effectively ended the seasons of two players of sides still in the hunt with the only punishment some carry over points, that is why it was more good luck than management that he is not suspended.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone needs to end this guy before he permanently injures another player.
I listened to the triple M segment where Tallis pisses on about how it's fine and that he used to do it.
Pretty low act.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Someone needs to end this guy before he permanently injures another player.
I listened to the triple M segment where Tallis pisses on about how it's fine and that he used to do it.
Pretty low act.

Does the following mean that Mr Bennett is a lover of this type of tackle?

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/please-use-the-sin-bin-refs/tabid/91/newsid/209550/default.aspx

Prowler tackle is far too dangerous
Several former NRL players have shaken their heads and declared the prowler tackle to be, quite simply, a part of the game – a part that many of them recall being coached to participate in whenever possible. "If you see a player resisting a tackle and his ribs are exposed, you should bury your shoulder as deeply as you can into those exposed ribs," their coaches told them.

Sharks fullback Ben Barba was on the end of a so-called prowler tackle from Roosters thug Kane Evans. While Barba was held in a tackle by two other Chooks, Evans took advantage and drove a shoulder into his exposed back. Barba was stunned and took a while to regain his feet, but Penrith's Reagan Campbell-Gillard wasn't so lucky this weekend. The Panthers prop broke the L2 and L3 vertebrae in his back thanks to Titans thug Ryan James taking advantage of his exposed back. Again the referees have the power to stop the third man into the tackle by calling held much earlier. Anyone taking a cheap shot on a defenceless player deserves to miss a game or two, although it seems James is blessed in this regard at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.