Round 25- General discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Imagine the culture at newcastle right now. It would be as bad as the blues camp after 8 in a row

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if any one at the club has asked Des this question based on our last 3 performances.
Souths Defense has pretty much been a wall as well, sharks threw everything at them and they still couldnt score. Our 1up style of play will get smothered.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wonder if any one at the club has asked Des this question based on our last 3 performances.
Would not dare question and besides he would just say we did score some points just that the opposition scored more.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would not dare question and besides he would just say we did score some points just that the opposition scored more.
Nah, he would say we WOULDA scored more points IF we Had better ball security. With a million umma and ahhs thrown in before completing his sentence.

Fuck off Des

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah, he would say we WOULDA scored more points IF we Had better ball security. With a million umma and ahhs thrown in before completing his sentence.

Fuck off Des

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why in the world would Chan9 have Newcastle vs Souths

Kerry Packer would be rolling in his grave

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Souths are gonna chew us up and spit us out on Friday.
Wouldn't surprise me.
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope they do - and that Panthers get up and push us into 7th.

MAYBE if it gets worse the management who are obviously in denial, MIGHT start thinking about winning instead of 'hi 5's' and 'we were admirable' and the sugar coated intellectual crap the coach and players are bleating on with.

How many months of 'we've got to hold the ball' and 'play for 80 mins' have we had to endure?

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Souths are gonna chew us up and spit us out on Friday.
Wouldn't surprise me.
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope they do - and that Panthers get up and push us into 7th.

MAYBE if it gets worse the management who are obviously in denial, MIGHT start thinking about winning instead of 'hi 5's' and 'we were admirable' and the sugar coated intellectual crap the coach and players are bleating on with.

How many months of 'we've got to hold the ball' and 'play for 80 mins' have we had to endure?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me.

Almost happened in 2014, we kept on losing and eventually finished 7th. The GF run made everyone forget how poor that season was and went back to loving Des.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So once again the grub Ryan James gets away with seriously injuring another player and the NRL can't or won't do a thing to punish him. We have had a million different types of illegal and un-sportsman like tackles ( grapple, chicken wing, cannon ball) acted upon and banned in the past yet we do nothing about this particular one. Any tackle in which a player is held by two others and basically stopped and then another comes in a puts a hit to the ribs needs to be actionable. The ' prowler' ( one who goes stealthily about with an unlawful intention, as to commit theft etc. ) tackle disturbing name for a disturbing tackle. Touching a referee gets MRC and judiciary action, put a bloke out for three months or so and you get nothing.

I reckon Gallen would have a problem with it if he or one of his team mates was a victim seriously injured .

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/james-e..._-prowler-tackle-back-in-the-spotlight_280816

The NRL is powerless to stop the controversial prowler tackle, according to representative stars Paul Gallen and Sam Thaiday.

And it appears the NRL is of the same opinion after Ryan James and Kane Evans avoided match review citations on Sunday.

The tackle is in the headlines again after Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Ben Barba were victims of the defensive technique.

It involves a third defender tackling the standing ball carrier already attended to by two defenders.

"I don't have a problem with it," Cronulla skipper Gallen told the Nine Network's Sunday Footy Show.

"It's not pleasant to have it done to you but there is nothing illegal about it."

Thaiday said on the same program: "That attacking player is moving forward and the defender is trying to stop them. I don't know what they can do about that."

Penrith prop Campbell-Gillard is sidelined for three months with a broken back after Gold Coast forward James hit him as the third man during a tackle in the Panthers' win on Saturday night.

Penrith coach Anthony Griffin was livid about the incident.

"They've stood Reg up and then Ryan James hits him in the ribs while he's unprotected," he told News Corp Australia.

"I'd really like the NRL to review it. I'm not happy with how Reg has ended up injured. He can't move. They had to stretcher him out of the sheds."

Sydney Roosters interchange forward Evans hit Sharks fullback Ben Barba with a prowler tackle in Cronulla's win on Saturday night.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The nrl protects it's investments.

James is just another dirty **** like napa.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I swear to god watching Newcastle is like watching us play of late which is bloody embarrassing.. They at least run at speed but in attacking zone looks as lost as us :(
They do have one of our former halfs, could explain a few things lol

Status
Not open for further replies.