News Round 22 vs Dolphins

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really disappointed that Skelton got dropped, I know he has had a few errors but he at least gets involved all the time. How Flanagan is there over by brown does my head in. I kinda wanted to see Harrison edwards get more minutes in first grade this year to know if he’s worth developing, he showed some promise earlier then he had some games when he was clearly fatigued and left on the park and let in some soft tries

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to see the return of KIKs and JAC. Hopefully Knight gets a call up to the bench.

FINALLY the penny has dropped and so has Knockonmor. Was never first grade standard, but only highlights the lack of depth we have in our forwards to have this reserve grader picked week in week out in the run on side.
Hopefully he has played his last game for us.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Home game for Redcliffe. They'll put 40 on this insipid squad.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People whinging about the team?! I can’t believe such a thing would happen.

Ciro picks close to the best team possible and there’s still whinging… yawn.

Averillo was moved to halfback INSTEAD of Flanagan last week, now Sexton is available, he moves back to fb taking the spot from Perham. JAC is back, so Skelton misses out. It’s a bit rough but hardly a surprise. Wilson has way more experience. Not just first and reserve grade. I’m talking about playing the sport for a long time, while Skelton is still very new to it.

Based on ability and experience I doubt there are better options than what Ciro has chosen. People just love to whinge, and they think that some rookie will miraculously be the answer. We’ve already tried most and only a few have looked up to it.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure why some are shocked at Skelton being dropped. JAC is back and Wilson has more pace than Skelton. He should go well outside of Kiraz. It may not work out but with our season gone we need to experiment for next season.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Skelton was good defensively last week from what I saw although didn’t watch the entire game. He manned up on his opposite really well panthers scored a try down his side inside him cause the duds in the middle didn’t slide across but he stayed glued to his man.
He has missed one 1 tackle in 2 games and hasn't caused or let in a try.

But doesn't stop dumb cųnts parroting bullshit talk.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
-Skelton is dropped.
-RFM is starting.
-Flanno on the bench.
-And knight not named.

I Guess the 350+ metres in two games ain’t that impressive to keep your spot in this team.

FMD I’m really lost.
Plus I bet you he won't even use Failagain to give the tellytubby a breather....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not sure why some are shocked at Skelton being dropped. JAC is back and Wilson has more pace than Skelton. He should go well outside of Kiraz. It may not work out but with our season gone we need to experiment for next season.
You forgot an important fact....Kiraz doesn't pass. If Wilson does anything it will be him coming in looking for the ball.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
People whinging about the team?! I can’t believe such a thing would happen.

Ciro picks close to the best team possible and there’s still whinging… yawn.

Averillo was moved to halfback INSTEAD of Flanagan last week, now Sexton is available, he moves back to fb taking the spot from Perham. JAC is back, so Skelton misses out. It’s a bit rough but hardly a surprise. Wilson has way more experience. Not just first and reserve grade. I’m talking about playing the sport for a long time, while Skelton is still very new to it.

Based on ability and experience I doubt there are better options than what Ciro has chosen. People just love to whinge, and they think that some rookie will miraculously be the answer. We’ve already tried most and only a few have looked up to it.
Wilson can't cover wing/centre/edge and middle forwards like Skelton can.

Skelton in for Wilson and that's the best looking side we have had all year.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cry me a river you have no fucking idea.

You just sound like a dumb parrot repeating a bullshit line.
Man, it's not a bullshit line, I love Skelton and he is a breath of fresh air attack wise for us but his defence is awful. I have no doubt he will improve on it but needs time.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Man, it's not a bullshit line, I love Skelton and he is a breath of fresh air attack wise for us but his defence is awful. I have no doubt he will improve on it but needs time.
What has he done wrong in defence these last 2 games? He hasn't caused or let in a try, can you say that about the other players?

Plus who will add the average 180m+ per game he adds? Wilson?

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cry me a river he can’t defend
TBF based on that logic every single forward should be dropped.

You know the ones that leaked
48 against sharks
66 against knights
32 against souths
44 against broncos
44 against panthers

234 points in 5 weeks. I point out the Forwards coz that’s WHERE IT ALL STARTS.

Sure Skelton has had a couple of fumbles and bad reads but to blame the ridiculous bleeding of points on a winger is pretty silly.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyone complaining when we know 1 hr before kickoff cc always changes his starting team

I still think skelton will start in jumper no.22
Rfm gone with waddel to start
With knight to come onto the bench

Thoughts?