Official Round 1 v Cowboys match discussion

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was pretty unhappy the first 20ish minutes, i thought we were back to our old ways however the boys got better the longer the game went on, which is definitely something to build on. The scoreline doesnt flatter us but we had 2 disallowed more or less under the posts that were both tries every day of the week. Add them on and we win 18-4, much more respectable scoreline in my eyes. Cummins did his best to bend us over without lube in the first half but the boys stayed strong and defended much better and held their composure, resilience like that is something we've definitely been lacking the past few seasons. without a doubt theres still quite a bit to work on before the broncos next week, and they were pretty good on friday night however a dry track, an interchange bench and another hit out to blow out the cobwebs and keep working on those combinations and i think it'll do the boys a world of good. fingers crossed all the boys off with head knocks are good to go next sunday and pangai is fired up to prove a point to his old club, 2/2 has a nice ring to it

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was pretty unhappy the first 20ish minutes, i thought we were back to our old ways however the boys got better the longer the game went on, which is definitely something to build on. The scoreline doesnt flatter us but we had 2 disallowed more or less under the posts that were both tries every day of the week. Add them on and we win 18-4, much more respectable scoreline in my eyes. Cummins did his best to bend us over without lube in the first half but the boys stayed strong and defended much better and held their composure, resilience like that is something we've definitely been lacking the past few seasons. without a doubt theres still quite a bit to work on before the broncos next week, and they were pretty good on friday night however a dry track, an interchange bench and another hit out to blow out the cobwebs and keep working on those combinations and i think it'll do the boys a world of good. fingers crossed all the boys off with head knocks are good to go next sunday and pangai is fired up to prove a point to his old club, 2/2 has a nice ring to it
Farking pumped to see TPJ next week he was so excited in the trials he was ripping jumpers in half, he gonna be pumped for this game they might need to manage his aggression better. The forwards worked hard this week standards were better across the park. Ray and TPJ we need them sooner and we need them firing at their best Max King was gold.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Farking pumped to see TPJ next week he was so excited in the trials he was ripping jumpers in half, he gonna be pumped for this game they might need to manage his aggression better. The forwards worked hard this week standards were better across the park. Ray and TPJ we need them sooner and we need them firing at their best Max King was gold.
hope he rips in and goes hard to stop his mate payne but hopefully he keeps himself in check too, he's no good to us in the sin bin

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I went to sleep with a Dogs win and woke up to a Clippers win ….it’s gon be a great week

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Every aspect of his kicking game is gold.
Short, long, spiral/bombs, line drop outs, goal kicking and even restarts (i know one too deep) but the kick off to start the game inch perfect, when was the last time we held the opposition team to 30m from the kick off?!

He kicked us to a win quite literally
Mate the torpedo bomb he put up was one of the best I have ever seen

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Who's that guy who was threatening to fight you? I'm in his corner lol

We'll do the Broncos
If we improve on our second half, we will beat them. If we don't, we will get done. The Gronkos aren't the Cowgirls.

PS get out of the limo and into the ring ;)

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah okay bro. You have no clue. What did Averillo do in the second half? Tell me please. He left it all to Burton to be double teamed. We shouldn’t of been under that pressure. He offered nothing
Some fans just need to relax enjoy and have faith in The people that are in place,u do realise it’s a new team that no doubt needs time to gel,also averillo will come good thought he went decent some fans just too hard to plz…DOGS OF WAR

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I couldn't get over how much Taumalolo has slipped? In 2 x 25 min stints he did basically nothing, 1 x error, 1 x missed tackle, 1 x tackle bust and 15 x runs for 134 metres. That's farkin piss poor value for $1m a season and he doesn't look to be in that good a condition either, slow, lethargic even and his play the balls were nothing like as fast as they used to be. He's either injured or his heart isn't in it any more.

Always a Bulldog

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I also wonder if Luke Thompson off the bench is going to be how Baz uses him moving forward. At first, I was thinking he was crazy - but it made sense as the game went on. Gives Thommo a 25 minute-straight stint, use the half-time break as his first 'interchange', leave him on to start the second half and if he doesn't need an interchange, leave him out there. Ideally, I'd want him to play the full 80 if he has it in him, but if he's only going to play 65, may as well miss the initial sting of the contest and have Ava/ Vaughn/ Patolo eat those minutes to start and then roll on some more mobility in the middle with Thommo/ King.