Round 1 Bulldogs Vs Manly

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seibold is their coach... SEIBOLD!!!

We got schooled by a Seibold team. We keep finding new lows.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Custer?
Napoleon?
Patten?
Or do mean some someone who GERNERALly can actually play rugby league?
Anyone who can guide the team around the park, yesterday was a master class in leadership by Cherry Evans and was barely challenged when he had the ball in hand.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We are officially in last place after the completion of round 1

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know im pissed off me all the hype over pre season for nothing im confused why flannos still in side and that gronk hayze perham all the money couldnt even get a halfback now wat back to square 1 another hideing next week to with flanno storm at melbourne

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched the replay.
Perham - was very solid looked threatening on a number of occasions.
Kiraz - outstanding best outside back on the field.
Averilo - such a cat, can't beat a tackle and just surrenders so easily. Bombed a certain try at a crucial period of the game.
Alamoti - Solid on debut didn't get many opportunities.
Burton - pretty ordinary performance. Looks underdone.
Flanagan - wasn't his worst performance but just offers nothing.
King - great game in a beaten pack goes all day.
Mahoney - Easily the best player on the field. One of the few that can hold his head high.
Sutton - he's a goer but not big enough to be a starting prop to Small. No other option atm
Rfm- not as effective as he once was bit one dimensional these days.
Kikau - shocking first half and got dominated. Definitely not fit.
Brown - can't play there again. Falling off tackles and dominated with the ball.

Preston - Solid debut fell off a few tackles out of fatigue
Tanner - He's a goer but has no impact
Waddel- upon watching the replay. Proberly our worst. Gets dominated every run, gave away a crucial penalty when we were in the arm wrestle and just a stupid footballer( can't wait to see the back of him ).
Pele- damaging runs. Should of been left out there longer to build match fitness didn't even look gassed.

I think they need to bring in Skelton or Okonbor for their size alone. Drop Averilo and Kiraz into the centres. Flanagan is on his last legs with Oloapu on his heals kid is a freak.
Pretty good summary except for one point. Okonbor? The guy has proven time and time again he is NOT up to first grade standard.

He may look outstanding in the Knock on Effect Cup but so did Renouf Atoni a few years back and he also found the leap to first grade beyond him and is now playing in England.

Okonbor has been caught out defensively, makes to many errors and I've seen cruise vessels turn quicker than him. Should never see first grade ever again. If he does you know we've reached the bottom of the barrel.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it sucks that we lost, but there are some positives to come out of the game as we were also ref'd out of the game. The referee was awful and yes, we weren't much better, but some players can lift their heads high, while others will no doubt improve with the hit out.

It's only the first round and while I'm glad the Rorters were beaten by the Dolphins they were also off but once they click into gear, they'll be one of the teams to beat this year.

Remember it was only Round 1 last year that we beat Cowboys in Round One and look where both finished last year.

As the old saying goes, "One hot day doesn't make a summer". So, one loss isn't the end of the world.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
how come burton never links up on the right he's always on the left

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know it sucks that we lost, but there are some positives to come out of the game as we were also ref'd out of the game. The referee was awful and yes, we weren't much better, but some players can lift their heads high, while others will no doubt improve with the hit out.

It's only the first round and while I'm glad the Rorters were beaten by the Dolphins they were also off but once they click into gear, they'll be one of the teams to beat this year.

Remember it was only Round 1 last year that we beat Cowboys in Round One and look where both finished last year.

As the old saying goes, "One hot day doesn't make a summer". So, one loss isn't the end of the world.
This happens because the refs aren't called out by the club. In fact, I don't blame the refs at all now. I blame the club for just sitting on its hands and just simply allow the refs to rort us. I also want our players to start acting and milk shit like the opposition do when they play us. As they say nice guys finish last.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This happens because the refs aren't called out by the club. In fact, I don't blame the refs at all now. I blame the club for just sitting on its hands and just simply allow the refs to rort us. I also want our players to start acting and milk shit like the opposition do when they play us. As they say nice guys finish last.
Baz had a cry plenty of times at the post match presser and the next week the refs rorted us some more