Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Obviously there is more to it that's not exposed yet but you can't compare our shambles to other teams, we have the worst or close to the worst middles in the game.

Even the "big names" haven't done shit for years, past and present.

These fuckers want to turn me into a smoker FFS lol
I agree our middles are lacking. Yet they try, well this year at least, and I expect our back 5 to try. Everyone knows our front row isn’t where it needs, hence Curran tonight just taking hit ups. But if no solution then what do we do, can only play with what we got.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The assistant will break Wilson by the end of year.

I know 100% for a fact that Kiraz is not happy being used as a battering ram.
Unfortunately that’s his best attribute. Kiraz is too slow to be a strike winger and don’t have the skill or footy IQ to be a quality centre. He is a good yardage winger wnd good under the high ball and a decent finisher.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All proposed changes will mean sweet FA, unless we can develop attacking mindset. Today was a hard day to judge, considering possession. But along with the trials nothing seems to have changed. No offloads, no plays amongst the forwards & only set plays in the backline. Not going to put any NRL team under fatigur if you are relying of 4-5 single hit ups every set.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He frustrates the hell out of me... Talking up Addo-Carrs bravery to make it to HT... No **** you had the players at your disposal to make a reshuffle and take him off right away. Our club has a serious problem when it comes to playing players injured.
It's very low IQ stuff. Yes players have to learn how to play through the pain or injury but when they're out there and they're that much of a liability then you pull them.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I agree our middles are lacking. Yet they try, well this year at least, and I expect our back 5 to try. Everyone knows our front row isn’t where it needs, hence Curran tonight just taking hit ups. But if no solution then what do we do, can only play with what we got.
Yeah I'm not arguing with you my bro but he is "disgruntled".

But give him credit for being upset and still giving 110%

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Based on my observations at the game:

-Penalty count was one sided however was not the reason we lost

-Errors and discipline hurt us.

-Our utilities tried hard however they are just that and lacking the dominance in the areas they were outplayed.

-Lots of our players looked gassed early on. I know possession was one-sided but I kinda expected them to cope with it.

-Kiraz, kikaou and Hutchison look unfit although they tried hard (bar Kikao)

-Parra looked sharp and fluid and beat us on most competitive plays

-It was hard to gauge our attack given we had minimal possession in parra’s half however when we did we set up and scored two trys with overlaps on the edges which you can tell they had practiced at training.

-Immediate fixes would be to bring on Sexton for Hutch, bring Xerri on for Kiraz (needs more match fitness) or move him to wing. Depending on JAC, drop Wilson. Bring Hayward onto bench to relieve Mahoney who straightens our attack. Drop Salmonnto Reggie’s (we have too many utilities in team). Start Curran and King together. Drop Taffe as soon as Tracey is fit.

Also Burton is useless and is a real dilemma.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's like they said during the coverage. The team is full of Ferrari's but they are driving on a dirt road :tearsofjoy:
Didn't they say the "Lamborghini left side" or something like that? Lol

Problem is giving the keys of those Lambos to an Asian woman driver and that's Burton.

PS it's not sexist or racist if it's true lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's very low IQ stuff. Yes players have to learn how to play through the pain or injury but when they're out there and they're that much of a liability then you pull them.
Yep you think the **** would have learned his lesson after last year with Kiraz and Averillo... fucking dunce honestly

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's fairly obvious we aren't gonna win many games with Taaffe and Hutchison in the spine, we need some quality and creativity and neither provide anything close, that being said Burton and Reed are barely spine players either but nothing will change until some of our juniors are ready, so we can expect more pain to come over the next couple years.
People calling for mass changes already are dreaming, we all know the only change for next week will be whoever replaces Jac.

Reaction score
Hi Team
Long time Bulldog from Bundaberg - first time poster!
I mean looooong time doggie - first started supporting the Berries in 1974 v Eastern Suburbs in the major semi.
We won 19-17. Lost the GF 19-4.
I saw it on black and white TV at my Aunties place (lol).
No matter i thought - that's gonna be my team!! CB!!

And by some crazy magic - Dogs have adopted Bundy as their country home for 3 years (hopefully more).
I moved to Brisbane at 17, but still have family and friends in Bundy and have been to both Dogs games at Salter oval... where I shed my fair share of blood for both Brothers and Wanderers (2 of the Bundy club teams).
Anyhoo ...that's been 50 years of being "diehard" Dogs supporter - living & breathing every moment with em.
As we all do on this site by the sounds of things!!

So - season 2024.
Brave start ....defence soooo much better. Discipline still sucks!!
Disappointing - thought we could beat Parra!!

May I propose the following team for Round 2 ...(seems JAC is out ...hoping Skelton avoids suspension)
1. Kiraz
2. Wilson
3. Xerri
4. Crichton
5. Skelton
6. Burton
7. Hutch or Sexy (Pros & Cons) - Sexy speed - Hutch can tackle
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Hughes
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Salmon

14. Mann
15. Farmer Silly
16. Kautoga
17. Curran

This gives us a bit more punch out of back field trouble & still maintains integrity in the defensive frontline with Critta.
I like Taafe ...he's a great link player in the Billy Slater mould ....but his confidence has taken a hammering lately.
Kiraz as a #1 ? - Good under high ball, running out of trouble & defensively stronger. Yet to be convinced he understands how to link an offence.
Never want to see Perham in NRL again (after 5 tries in Reggies). Seriously - this dude does not understand defensive concepts.

Proud of the effort all the boys put in today. NRL, Reggies & 21's

Go DOGGIES!!!

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez I hope we don't destroy his career. That will be a def insurmountable negative for the club in so many ways.

Lets hope CC can get them playing better next week.
Like Kikau, Mahoney, Burton and Fox you mean?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our general footy IQ hasn’t changed one bit. Until our big money players play to their value we are in for a long season.
Plenty of fatigue out there today to get any cohesion going in round 1.

Tracey will slot into right center next week so we'll see that line-up get another run.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mahoney is playing behind a pack that is not moving forward.. bit hard for him to do to much more than what's he's doing when defence is constantly rushing, Burton is not a half.. he's a centre with a big boot.

Though the scoreboard didn't show it, I think our defence is stronger and hopefully we see the fruit of that over the next few weeks.
For everyone’s info RFM killing it at dragons

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just called the painter over to Belmore… that Bulldogs player painting shrine outside Jobel’s is gonna need another new paint job!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
They obviously will come good but other peoples ulterior motives run life, still gutter tactics and sorry I deal with issues that no others will in their life but theres no reason the team wont rise above anything and kick ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.