Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The kennel is a funny place.
We came out strong and defended well, but they just kept getting the ball in our red zone.

We had only 3 hit ups in their red zone 60 minutes in.

Parra should have put 50 on us... But the boys just kept tackling their asses off.
exactly this.
Parra had all the ball and all the calls and they struggled to score, we hardly had the ball and scored 2 try’s.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
After the same start as last year, I'm ready now to say that Mahoney and Burton are killing the attack.

I'd move Crichton to fullback where he can roam the field and possibly see the ball.

Put Burton at Centre, Sexton and Hodgkinson into the halves, and Salmon at hooker.

I want to see the ball make some ground instead of the usual plodding five tackles then an uncontested high bomb to a fullback in the clear.

This outfit is the same as every other failure we've seen for nearly a decade. Getting sick of it.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is what I'm saying... the assistant uses our wingers as props, if he is going to stick with that ahit game plan, why not play a winger who is a better prop than our props?

It's not that Wilson is shit, but he isn't the player you need for your shit game plan.

Like FMD is simple logic.
Wilson isn't a bad player by any means but seriously we cannot carry Foxx, Taaffe & Wilson and expect to try and get close to the top 8. We are going to lose more than we win with a back 5 yardage strategy with those cattle.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was tragjc. When are the dogs gunna fuckin wake up ! Burton is not a 6. All he does is admire his wonderful towering kicks. Your middles are too small and lack grunt. Looking like another Bottom 4 season with the spoon not beyond the realms of possibility

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
watch them suspended him for a couple of games
I replayed it about 6 times lol

PS I give my son a 50 when he puts shots on like that lol the other dads make sure to remind him about it lol

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The kennel is a funny place if we had t

exactly this.
Parra had all the ball and all the calls and they struggled to score, we hardly had the ball and scored 2 try’s.
Al true, but gifting the opposition 60% of the ball has been a regular thing from the Dogs. We do it by failing to control the ball, and handing it over to them on the first or second tackle, then find ourselves defending the line for repeat sets before we finally get the ball, only to turn it over on the second tackle again.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Al true, but gifting the opposition 60% of the ball has been a regular thing from the Dogs. We do it by failing to control the ball, and handing it over to them on the first or second tackle, then find ourselves defending the line for repeat sets before we finally get the ball, only to turn it over on the second tackle again.
This is the problem, 100%. Not our attack or defence. Why do we drop ball in certain situations so regularly.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wilson isn't a bad player by any means but seriously we cannot carry Foxx, Taaffe & Wilson and expect to try and get close to the top 8. We are going to lose more than we win with a back 5 yardage strategy with those cattle.
The assistant will break Wilson by the end of year.

I know 100% for a fact that Kiraz is not happy being used as a battering ram.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes understandable but how many times did the ref fuck us and put us under pressure.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I actually hate Wayne and his Phins even more now after witnessing Taaffe at fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.