Round 1 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep round is included in the 2018 members package according to Bulldogs website. So awesome. Pays membership, gets ready for round 1, all excited. Oh I have to book a return airfare and accomodation to go to Fkn Perth to watch the game!!

Take the game to Perth great idea, but don’t include it in the members pack you assholes.
Should allow an option of replacing it with an away game! Honestly NFI!

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am all for double headers.
Why don't the teams that play home games at ANZ get together:

Dogs
Bunnies
Eels
Dragons

Share the gate. Share the Marketing and promotion etc
play 3 double headers a year against one another.
Give each team 1/4 of the ground each to sell. No home teams as such. But the official home team alternates year by year.

If they did it properly they could get 60k +
to all 3 rounds.
You forgot the Tigpies as well.....

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it
Doubt we will win
And not expecting to

Just looking forward to a revamped game plan.

But I will say one thing

It's a shame our first home game of the season is in Perth

Fans are itching
Chomping at the bit to see our team play

And round 1 is in fucking Perth
Exactly this. Its fine to shft home gamea to promote the game, especially because a big club like canterbury have fans all over the country, (lets not be selfish guys, not every dogs fan lives in sydney, and we dont have the luxury of going to a home game every second week) but round one??? What a fucking joke. Especially after such a shit year and then a massive upheaval to change the direction of the club. Just another stupid move by our club. Kind of goes against all of the hard work you are doing to change the perception of us fans!!!!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand that they're trying to grow the game, but my problem is, it's more often than not its us. We've got a large supporter base and our fans do attend games (as long as we haven't had 3 to 4 years of Desball where fans just get sick of that shit), and we're the supporter base that gets screwed more often than not.

How about the shit clubs (shit as in their fans don't show up) like Sharks, Roosters, Souths, Manly take their games interstate.
I've booked my flights and today paid for my tickets to the game. I'm really looking forward to it. A weekend away and 2 games of footy. What a great weekend. We're playing the Storm and Bunnies are playing Warriors I think, but manly, Cronulla and a couple of others are playing double headers in different states/countries. It's all part of growing the game and we get another away game at ANZ as compensation in our memberships. Every club is now required to take 2 games away to other locations. That's why we go to NZ and Qld. So I guess next year it will be Perth and NZ.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So if they use a computerised system to calculate the draw
How come we play the Storms round 1 every year ?
Only in recent years. I guess it never rains but it pours.... :p

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
So if they use a computerised system to calculate the draw
How come we play the Storms round 1 every year ?
Certain games are not random. For example we play Souths every Good Friday.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What a load of bloody whining.

We are going to be part of a double header at the opening of a brand new stadium...

Reciprocal rights re Souffs, Parra etc probably give ticketed members more games than most other Clubs.

Manly are playing 3 home games away from Sydney next year.

Dead set in the fair dinkum department.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Melbourne never lose in Round 1
Who we got the week after

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep round is included in the 2018 members package according to Bulldogs website. So awesome. Pays membership, gets ready for round 1, all excited. Oh I have to book a return airfare and accomodation to go to Fkn Perth to watch the game!!

Take the game to Perth great idea, but don’t include it in the members pack you assholes.
Care to share the link to said detail?
Couldn't locate it.
~c.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2017/10/09/opponents_confirmed_.html

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs can confirm that tickets to round one will not be included in regular full-season membership packages.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I see we are bottom 5 on ALL the betting markets for next season.
Also not getting much love from the "experts" for next season.
I am still convinced the team will improve on the 10 wins this season!!

Status
Not open for further replies.