Round 1 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Souths vs Warriors
Bulldogs vs Storm

Double Header in Perth to start the season. Good test for us coming up against the premiers which will also be Billy Slaters 300th game

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oct 09, 2017 - 08:00AM
Media Release⁠‌, ‌NRL

The NRL will stage an unprecedented four double-headers across four major cities in Australia and New Zealand as part of the 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership.

Sydney's ANZ Stadium and Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium will host double headers in 2018, along with Perth Stadium and Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium, all in the first 10 rounds of the 2018 Premiership.

It will be the first time in the history of the NRL four double-headers have been a part of the schedule.

The double headers will feature:

- South Sydney Rabbitohs v Warriors and Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Premiers Melbourne Storm at the new Perth Stadium in Round One on Saturday, March 10;

- South Sydney Rabbitohs v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and Parramatta Eels v Cronulla Sutherland Sharks at ANZ Stadium in Round Three on Saturday, March 24;

- Wests Tigers v Melbourne Storm and Warriors v North Queensland Cowboys at Auckland’s Mt Smart Stadium in Round Five on Saturday, April 7;

- Melbourne Storm v Gold Coast Titans and Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium in Round 10 on Saturday, May 12.

The Perth double header will feature the first match as defending Premiers for Melbourne Storm, while the Auckland double header will feature both Grand Finalists, Melbourne Storm and North Queensland Cowboys.

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg said the double headers would create an exciting element of next season’s schedule.

"We will have double headers in four major cities – three in Australia and one in New Zealand," Mr Greenberg said.

"This is a huge step for the game and I'd like to thank the Clubs involved for their efforts to embrace the concept and ensure the matches eventuated.

"This is also a direct result of us having more control over the Premiership schedule in 2018.

"We have had significant success with double headers at Suncorp Stadium in recent seasons and this is a natural progression.

"It will create more blockbuster events for our fans in 2018."

All four double headers will be broadcast exclusively on FOX LEAGUE, on Foxtel.

Tickets for the Perth Round One double-header are available at nrl.com/tickets

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is this our home game? If so I'm pissed that we always take our home games elsewhere and deny our own fans the oppurtunity to see our team play.

We better not be playing our other "home" game in New Zealand FFS

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Yep round is included in the 2018 members package according to Bulldogs website. So awesome. Pays membership, gets ready for round 1, all excited. Oh I have to book a return airfare and accomodation to go to Fkn Perth to watch the game!!

Take the game to Perth great idea, but don’t include it in the members pack you assholes.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand that they're trying to grow the game, but my problem is, it's more often than not its us. We've got a large supporter base and our fans do attend games (as long as we haven't had 3 to 4 years of Desball where fans just get sick of that shit), and we're the supporter base that gets screwed more often than not.

How about the shit clubs (shit as in their fans don't show up) like Sharks, Roosters, Souths, Manly take their games interstate.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep round is included in the 2018 members package according to Bulldogs website. So awesome. Pays membership, gets ready for round 1, all excited. Oh I have to book a return airfare and accomodation to go to Fkn Perth to watch the game!!

Take the game to Perth great idea, but don’t include it in the members pack you assholes.
How many home games do Melbourne play away? As the defending premiers, they should have to do the PR thing by giving away some of their advantage. It's always the Sydney teams.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We belted them last time in Perth, they were missing Smith though.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oct 09, 2017 - 08:00AM
Media Release⁠‌, ‌NRL

The NRL will stage an unprecedented four double-headers across four major cities in Australia and New Zealand as part of the 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership.

Sydney's ANZ Stadium and Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium will host double headers in 2018, along with Perth Stadium and Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium, all in the first 10 rounds of the 2018 Premiership.

It will be the first time in the history of the NRL four double-headers have been a part of the schedule.

The double headers will feature:

- South Sydney Rabbitohs v Warriors and Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Premiers Melbourne Storm at the new Perth Stadium in Round One on Saturday, March 10;

- South Sydney Rabbitohs v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and Parramatta Eels v Cronulla Sutherland Sharks at ANZ Stadium in Round Three on Saturday, March 24;

- Wests Tigers v Melbourne Storm and Warriors v North Queensland Cowboys at Auckland’s Mt Smart Stadium in Round Five on Saturday, April 7;

- Melbourne Storm v Gold Coast Titans and Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium in Round 10 on Saturday, May 12.

The Perth double header will feature the first match as defending Premiers for Melbourne Storm, while the Auckland double header will feature both Grand Finalists, Melbourne Storm and North Queensland Cowboys.

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg said the double headers would create an exciting element of next season’s schedule.

"We will have double headers in four major cities – three in Australia and one in New Zealand," Mr Greenberg said.

"This is a huge step for the game and I'd like to thank the Clubs involved for their efforts to embrace the concept and ensure the matches eventuated.

"This is also a direct result of us having more control over the Premiership schedule in 2018.

"We have had significant success with double headers at Suncorp Stadium in recent seasons and this is a natural progression.

"It will create more blockbuster events for our fans in 2018."

All four double headers will be broadcast exclusively on FOX LEAGUE, on Foxtel.

Tickets for the Perth Round One double-header are available at nrl.com/tickets
I am all for double headers.
Why don't the teams that play home games at ANZ get together:

Dogs
Bunnies
Eels
Dragons

Share the gate. Share the Marketing and promotion etc
play 3 double headers a year against one another.
Give each team 1/4 of the ground each to sell. No home teams as such. But the official home team alternates year by year.

If they did it properly they could get 60k +
to all 3 rounds.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So if they use a computerised system to calculate the draw
How come we play the Storms round 1 every year ?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a shame they're taking the first game to Perth. There's a lot to look forward to and would have loved to see the first game at ANZ after the last few years (haven't been to a game for 2 years) and after a long off season.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the incentive to us to bring the game to Perth? We get compensated? Who the fuck cares everything (football department spend) is capped now days anyway. That money might as well be used on toilet rolls or some bullshit.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Im just happy to be able to watch the bloody game coz it falls on a Saturday (I work 6 nights a week) haven't been able to watch many games live because of our shit draw last few years, I fuckin hate Friday night games

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is this our home game? If so I'm pissed that we always take our home games elsewhere and deny our own fans the oppurtunity to see our team play.

We better not be playing our other "home" game in New Zealand FFS
Ladies and Gentleman.... Welcome to colour TV.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Souths vs Warriors
Bulldogs vs Storm

Double Header in Perth to start the season. Good test for us coming up against the premiers which will also be Billy Slaters 300th game
I'm looking forward to it
Doubt we will win
And not expecting to

Just looking forward to a revamped game plan.

But I will say one thing

It's a shame our first home game of the season is in Perth

Fans are itching
Chomping at the bit to see our team play

And round 1 is in fucking Perth

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Want to fill stadiums but have the first of the years games in a double header in Perth instead of the east coast where the stadiums might have half a chance of getting busy. Deadset the NRL is the most unprofessionally ran sport in the country.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever crowed they’re going to get in Perth, would have been doubled if they played at ANZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.