Rhyse Martin re-signs one year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great signing they are giving the players a chance to earn better money. Instead of paying top dollar for unproven players.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Smart move by the club,I’m doing my best not to raise my expectations for next year but it’s shaping up ok

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1 year is smart. No more long term contract on unproven players.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's great that we re-signed Martin but I would have preferred a two year deal.

I also hate when the club throws three year deals at unproven players like Elliott, Holland, Cogger and co but Martin has shown enough to me to get a two year deal. If he tears up next season we'll be regretting him being off contract as it's not like the club will have an endless cap next year.

Still, it's better than losing him to another club so hopefully Martin prove his worth and stays long term.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t get the Lamb support play comparison aye? He supported well in one game (Raiders) otherwise its disrespect to Baa who built his game on support , pushing up constantly
Not only that, but in a time where you want your fullback or speedsters in the backline to be the supporting players, we are excited that a backrower is doing that for us lol. We are a shambles till it all gets rebuilt properly.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I guarantee you that his manager got him the one year deal only so when we get through the salary cap drama in the next 12-18 months and have a better idea of what cap space we have, they will negotiate a better upgraded deal.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
...very happy with this news. The kid is a leader, has some real class and can KICK GOALS!!!

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
C’mon man, ain’t nobody gonna subscribe to that trash, if you gonna link, help a brother out and copy pasta that shit.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
C’mon man, ain’t nobody gonna subscribe to that trash, if you gonna link, help a brother out and copy pasta that shit.
We'll telegraph seem to have stopped my archive trick, lucky I have others to use against the dirty *****. Here you go boys.

Monday Buzz: Highlights, lowlights and talking points from Round 19
July 23, 2018
WHEN will the new directors at the Canterbury Bulldogs start to accept some responsibility for this debacle of a season at Belmore? They can’t blame Ray Dib, Des Hasler or Raelene Castle for the fact the Bulldogs are now favourites to win the wooden spoon.

They didn’t release Aaron Woods or Moses Mbye halfway through the season, leaving coach Dean Pay with a depleted roster. That was the new board.

To release both players when they had already lost Kieran Foran for the remainder of the season has left Pay with a club lacking both talent and experience.

GRIM FUTURE FOR REF ERRORS
The day will surely come when clubs will consider their legal options over the more costly refereeing mistakes. The NRL is a business as much as a sport. Winning is everything.

As a result of Friday night’s refereeing, the Raiders are officially out of the running for the finals.

It will cost them around 3000 fans at their next home game.

It could cost them sponsorship bonuses and merchandise sales. Even membership sales for 2019.

Potentially it could be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

FITZY NRL’S MOST IMPROVED
Who is the most improved player in the NRL this year. Damien Cook at the Rabbitohs? Maybe Edrick Lee at the Cronulla Sharks? Tariq Sims at the Dragons? Corey Thompson at the Wests Tigers or Victor Radley at the Roosters?

I’d be going for Newcastle Knights edge forward Lachlan Fitzgibbon who had another blinder against the Gold Coast Titans on Saturday afternoon. Eight tackle busts and a threat whenever he touched the football. This guy is good enough to play State of Origin.

HIGHLIGHT
The log jam at the top of the table with only four points separating the top eight sides. This is the most open competition we can recall. Any of the eight sides could lift the trophy on grand final day.

HIGHLIGHT II
The wonderful Erin Molan returning from maternity leave to allow your columnist to escape from the lunatics on the 2GB Continuous Call team on Saturday afternoons.

LOWLIGHT
Todd Greenberg’s predictable response to the refereeing crisis that he will wait to review it at the end of the season.

What about right now. What about getting the right people on the appointments panel this week. People who recognise Matt Cecchin as clearly the best in the game.

NO CHANGES: Greenberg won’t change a thing

BLOWN IT AGAIN
The last time the NRL ‘reviewed’ refereeing was at last year’s World Cup. It was supposed to be a trial for the one-referee system.

Halfway through the tournament they abandoned the ‘review’ despite the fact the one referee allowed games to flow and some absolutely breathtaking football.

GRUB-O-WAR
We recently wrote that the grubbiest act of the season was Joey Leilua’s sledging after scoring a try on full-time against the Bulldogs. Then Anthony Milford comes along and pulls the hair of Panthers forward Corey Harawira-Naera

JT’S BEEN ROBBED
It must be getting more and more embarrassing for Sydney Roosters assistant coach Jason Taylor as Robbie Farah continues on with his fantastic comeback form and a win in his 250th game for the Wests Tigers against the Rabbitohs on Saturday night.

SEPARATED AT BIRTH
Check out the melons on Parramatta Eels star Mitchell Moses and Knights fullback Nick Meaney. They look even more like twins than George and Tom Burgess.

UNLEASH THE PEACH
Surely Panthers coach Anthony Griffin needs to somehow and somewhere find a starting jersey for the game’s best utility player, Tyrone Peachey, in the run home to the finals.

360 VIEW
Catch you tonight on NRL 360 on Fox Sports with Paul Kent and Ben Ikin to discuss the biggest issues in the game as we head into retro round.

Special guests as part of retro round are premiership-winning coaches John Monie and Chris Anderson.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Glad he re signed, i was expecting one of the limitless cap clubs like cronulla or rorters to sign him.
Says to me, he is happy at belmore and believes in dean

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bit of a meh signing IMO. Yes he’s a good player. But he’s 25. Hardly the end of the world if he did leave. Bench player next year when RFM returns.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is a good deal for both sides. We don’t want to be burnt like we have in the past. A one year prove it deal for Martin means he has so much to gain next year and the team should benefit
And our cap will be in a better position by 2020.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bit of a meh signing IMO. Yes he’s a good player. But he’s 25. Hardly the end of the world if he did leave. Bench player next year when RFM returns.
What's wrong with him being 25? He's 2 years younger than Jackson and a couple months older than Klemmer, i don't see an issue with his age. Runs better lines than Jackson ever has.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm glad he's back for another year. It leaves the onus on him to ensure he's worth an upgraded contract here or elsewhere. If he shows improvement leading into next season we should work at extending early in the year before too many others start chasing him. He might be a late bloomer, but he seems to be taking advantage of the chance he's getting.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with him being 25? He's 2 years younger than Jackson and a couple months older than Klemmer, i don't see an issue with his age. Runs better lines than Jackson ever has.
Some players don't hit their real abilities until they get to their mid 20's. And that's not just in rugby league.

Status
Not open for further replies.