Rhyse Martin re-signs one year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guarantee you that his manager got him the one year deal only so when we get through the salary cap drama in the next 12-18 months and have a better idea of what cap space we have, they will negotiate a better upgraded deal.
Well that shows some good loyalty on recces part good to see,rare these days

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember playing juniors and if we won the coach would take us to pizza hut after the game. Let's just say we loved pizza, so we played our butts off each week just so we could have free pizza.
Was that the old $7.90 all you can eat Pizza Hut lunch deal?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Bit of a meh signing IMO. Yes he’s a good player. But he’s 25. Hardly the end of the world if he did leave. Bench player next year when RFM returns.
Agree. Not sure why everyone is cracking a fat over him?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was that the old $7.90 all you can eat Pizza Hut lunch deal?
Mate that was like 30 years ago so I have no idea what it cost but it definitely was all you can eat because I'd eat that much that I'd almost be sick. All I know it cost me nothing.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy he was resigned and agree with most here that he now can prove to the club he has a future. Or is the club being astute for some signings in 2020?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Congrats to him, Hasler would of signed him for five years on 500G.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate that was like 30 years ago so I have no idea what it cost but it definitely was all you can eat because I'd eat that much that I'd almost be sick. All I know it cost me nothing.
Haha....I used to go with the cricket club boys and with the Credit Team at Westpac Melbourne in the 90s. There was a competition between departments who could eat the most pieces.
I was there when one of the credit managers (Tony Consinski) ate 19 pieces!!! Said he could of eaten another 2 pieces if he was wearing his shorts.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha....I used to go with the cricket club boys and with the Credit Team at Westpac Melbourne in the 90s. There was a competition between departments who could eat the most pieces.
I was there when one of the credit managers (Tony Consinski) ate 19 pieces!!! Said he could of eaten another 2 pieces if he was wearing his shorts.
Not a bad effort. Here I am thinking I was doing well eating 2 large pizzas to myself on a few occasions.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Some players don't hit their real abilities until they get to their mid 20's. And that's not just in rugby league.
I'm still waiting for my abilities to kick in :tearsofjoy:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A few of the other signings should have been shorter deals like Cogger and Meaney (2 years max).

Happy about Rhyse, at least we have a decent goal kicker.
Agree on Cogger 1 yr deal, Meaney is a really good buy, he’s class for a young bloke.. I can see him being special. Multi year deal was a good move

slydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Awesome signing but its obvious that we dont have any money for next season, and he will demand a lot more in 2020

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he could be a brilliant second rower its pays coaching and selections that worry me

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's wrong with him being 25? He's 2 years younger than Jackson and a couple months older than Klemmer, i don't see an issue with his age. Runs better lines than Jackson ever has.
Klemmer and Jackson made it at NRL level young. Don’t get me wrong, I like Martin and I think he’s a good player and runs good lines like you said. But they way people on here were carrying on if we lost him. You’d think he’s a Frank Pritchard incarnate.

In saying that he is 25 and only cracked first grade consistently. Even this year he was dropped for missing training. Not a big a signing as people are making him out to be. Just my opinion.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Klemmer and Jackson made it at NRL level young. Don’t get me wrong, I like Martin and I think he’s a good player and runs good lines like you said. But they way people on here were carrying on if we lost him. You’d think he’s a Frank Pritchard incarnate.

In saying that he is 25 and only cracked first grade consistently. Even this year he was dropped for missing training. Not a big a signing as people are making him out to be. Just my opinion.
25 isnt old cody walker is 28 fyi

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Fair enough, i just don't see it as an issue really. He's been the best backrower in both the QLD and NSW reserve grade comps and then he's come into firstgrade and pretty much slotted in with little trouble. He has a few sloppy efforts in defence but it's not like that can be worked on.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One year deal means not many other clubs were chasing him, not because of a lack of potential but cap constraints. Martin probably had no choice.

So to the media "fake news" reporters who said clubs were chasing him stick your sharpened pencils up you arses and report truth and not speculation.
It was only ever Super League or the dogs. I’m glad he stayed.

1 year deal is strategic, and very smart. Reason being the back ended deals hit their peak in 2020 not in 2019, so dogs have to be very careful who they sign for 2020.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would have been smarter to sign him for 2years..his value wouldnt be that high & I expect his price to go up next year..

with a 1 year deal hes able to negotiate with any club from Nov this year so how he goes next year can become pointless..

Status
Not open for further replies.