Questionable Foran deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty filthy that the dogs missed out on kieran but I still can't comprehend how the warriors can possibly fit him under their cap when they have a 1, 7, and 9 that'd all be very big money as well as other big names in their squad. I'm not that familiar with salary cap rules but surely his deal couldn't be anywhere near what he's worth and if it is I've lost all understanding of what the salary cap is in place for because I would've thought it was in place so the competition was as even as possible and having one team having a spine full of internationals and the rest doesn't seem to add up. In my opinion if the deal is passed by the nrl its clear that they want nz to win the next comp coz it'll grow the game over there or something like that.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm no expert either. But any time a clubs roster is more then the salary cap they excuse it with "3rd party deals". Broncos are the best at it.

But in saying that I'm sure RTS and Luke would have much more sponsorship opportunities in New Zealand (only competing with their team mates and 5 union teams for sponsorship compared to 9 nsw teams or what ever it is).

Players should have a price set by their value (e.g Lockyer can't be on the books for $250k) that way the books balance.

If their value is 750k but they get 300k in sponsorships good luck to them. They are still $750k on paper.

That way you can't cheat the cap because your rosters value can't be more then 7 million. Even though you might be paying 10 million for them (legally or illegally).

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It sounds like being a bitter Bulldog fan that missed out though I tend to agree. To me this is as bad as someone like Thurston joining the Storm to partner up with the other 3 aussie spine. Although Storm only have 2-3 other players that would of been on good coin. Warriors paid big bucks for a few more. Pretty dirty to be honest.

We seem to be the only club who constantly lose big names and add sweet fuck all.

Think of the past few seasons - Roberts, Mead, Paulo, Sezer, Barba, Hayne, Taylor, Hurrell, Hoffman, Walker, Hodkinson, Taupau, Sims, Tamou, Merrin, Hiku, Whare, Foran, RTS, Luke, SBurgess...

Who the fuck do we sign?

Lose Pritchard, Hodkinson, Williams (shitcunt big bucks), Rona, Ennis, Barba, Finucane, Inu etc...

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty obvious it didnt come down to coin. Foran gambles so much coin it means nothing to him. So its clear to me he doesnt want to be in Sydney, with Des, under the spotlight. Something to hide Foran? Enjoy your holiday in NZ.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Consider this... his godfather in NZ is a high paying lawyer. So probably has lots of places giving him TPAs.

Not to mention is there anything stopping Walmart paying his entire salary with spare change?

Warriors would be so far over the cap it's not funny though...

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm no expert either. But any time a clubs roster is more then the salary cap they excuse it with "3rd party deals". Broncos are the best at it.

Well if you can flaunt the Salary Cap rules why not.

All clubs would be flaunting the rules somehow.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Think the thing the NRL need to sign off on is the 600k from Warriors against the 1.2mil from Parra. I too am expecting the NRL to allow this so they can have NZ growth, success etc.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We all know it wouldn't matter if we had the whole Australian side , des would fuck it up with his bullshit statistcal bible ideologies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We don't even have one marquee player and the Warriors have 4 lol.

Our recruitment is ****ed.
Yeh that's the part that really fucks me off too.

I mean how the fark do they get away with signing RTS, LUKE, FORAN in the space of a season and still have Johnson....

Those 4 alone would be valued 3.5mil-4mil ffs.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rumour is broncos are leading candidates for Ryan James now too. Unless they force thaiday to retire or plan on losing Milford, Hunt, Boyd I can't see how they can even consider him

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rumour is broncos are leading candidates for Ryan James now too. Unless they force thaiday to retire or plan on losing Milford, Hunt, Boyd I can't see how they can even consider him
Parker, Reed, Wallace & Maranta have left the club.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They would all be on crap coin except Parker. But upgrades including to gillett would zap up most of that money for most clubs

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I don't care how they got him under the cap. I'm just glad that in his current state and with the current questions surrounding him that he is staying well away from our club.

Great news IMO

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We don't even have one marquee player and the Warriors have 4 lol.

Our recruitment is ****ed.
Oh bullshit dude. Foran is a complete train wreck who is likely to miss as many games as he plays, Luke is not a premier hooker these days, RTS is a good player but has not really replicated the season he had at the roosters snd hasn't really been in the discussion of best fullbacks this year and Johnson is inconsistent as Hell. Warriors do not have four marquee players... And if they had three marquee players this year and still missed the finals, they are fucking crap. Lol. Their spine may be better than ours but they are still a much more shit football team and Foran probably won't change that too much. No signing or coach had ever been able to change the shit culture there.

We dodged a bullet! The guy has had multiple chances yo come here, never taken the opportunity and may well not last out the season.... happy days as far as I'm concerned.

Foran may pay off for them. He's a quality player when in the right headspace. But signing him is a massive gamble and I'm stoked our club did not land his son that signature.

Maybe now Des can give up the ghost with Foran and start looking for a good young half with less seedy connections and absolutely NO manly connections. That would be nice.

Why the hell would sny self respecting fan envy the Warriors? That club is more of a basket case than we are at the moment.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah ok maybe I stretched it a bit with that comment.

However don't write off Luke and RTS especially with a new coach. We all know what they are capable of.

Foran was killing it for Parra before he got injured. We need a player like that. You say we dodged a bullet but how are we better off without him? We have a worse team next year as it stands now than we had this year.

We are in massive trouble.

Bulldogs1974

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Oh bullshit dude. Foran is a complete train wreck who is likely to miss as many games as he plays, Luke is not a premier hooker these days, RTS is a good player but has not really replicated the season he had at the roosters snd hasn't really been in the discussion of best fullbacks this year and Johnson is inconsistent as Hell. Warriors do not have four marquee players... And if they had three marquee players this year and still missed the finals, they are fucking crap. Lol. Their spine may be better than ours but they are still a much more shit football team and Foran probably won't change that too much. No signing or coach had ever been able to change the shit culture there.

We dodged a bullet! The guy has had multiple chances yo come here, never taken the opportunity and may well not last out the season.... happy days as far as I'm concerned.

Foran may pay off for them. He's a quality player when in the right headspace. But signing him is a massive gamble and I'm stoked our club did not land his son that signature.

Maybe now Des can give up the ghost with Foran and start looking for a good young half with less seedy connections and absolutely NO manly connections. That would be nice.

Why the hell would sny self respecting fan envy the Warriors? That club is more of a basket case than we are at the moment.
Rts missed most of season with knee injury

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Is it true that the Warriors haven't registered the contract yet and there is a good chance the NRLol won't register it?

Quickly heard something on Talkin Sport

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Rts missed most of season with knee injury
Fair call. I actually thought he played about half the season but just googled and he only played seven games. Still didn't think his early season form was as good as it was for the roosters. But the guy is a huge talent and it's not as if his early season form was particularly had from memory. He still did some good things and is obviously a player of the future.

I still think there are a few question marks over their spine. Not to say it isn't better than our spine overall....

I'd actually take Luke, RTS or Johnson (as inconsistent as he can be he is brilliant at his best.

I guess I just think Foran was too much of a gamble and I don't think he was the answer to our problems. Time will tell.... And time will tell just how good this warriors spine will be I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.