OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone else notice we didn't give the ball back on the first set after points?

First time in a long time.
And we actually kicked early and long for a change instead of 5 up and bomb..Doing this makes their forwards turn around and work harder. Fucked if I know why that instruction was a given from round 1 considering our forwards..?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
And we actually kicked early and long for a change instead of 5 up and bomb..Doing this makes their forwards turn around and work harder. Fucked if I know why that instruction was a given from round 1 considering our forwards..?
Was so good to see their forwards struggling and then we put an early kick in and turned them around - they were so fatigued but we kept the foot on the throat!

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about Tina raising his elbow to Max King's chin?? He full elbowed him in the face play on according to the refs absolute joke. King was able to hang on in the tackle and that is when Tina did his knee.

Tina = massive grub. He is a repeat offender on our players with elbows, headlocks and other garbage.
Yepp total grub. Got his come upens yesterday. No one deserves to get hurt but if you live by the sword you can't complain if you die by the sword.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy, drop Taafe for Tracey at FB with JAC back on the wing problem solved.
Or Taaffe at half faster than hutch. Tracey centre till xerri ready.Jac at wing . Critter fullback where he can get more involved

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yup !!
Lemme see ...
Belmore or Accor?

What do the punters think??
How do we change this nonsense. At least 50/50 split between the venues.
Rockin' Belmore or Life support Accor??

Same with Leichhardt Oval for the Wonderful bouncy Tiggers.
Tribal game ... play at your home!!
1 or 2 games a year at Belmore is perfect right now. Once they get the state of the art facilities on the hill it will be even better.

Accor will get good numbers if we start being competitive again. Accor is a lot easier to access and exit on game day.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hardly any Titan fans at the game but of course one managed to find me.

She tried to nag me about getting in the way of her view of the game on the hill. Completely ignored the bitch the whole time.
Surely she should have been thanking you...if I was a Tits fan I would not want to have seen anything they dished up, unless of course you liked Tannah Boyd's short shorts..... He certainly was Kikau's bitch....relentless pressure led to relentless errors...

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't ever think he will be forgiven for screwing the club over......had to have a bit of a chuckle at the chant....all it took was one brief clip of him on the big screen....
Yeap. I joined in on the chant. Dad didn't join in. But I noticed he had quite the smile on his face.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone else notice we didn't give the ball back on the first set after points?

First time in a long time.
Our unforced errors where much better this week, No Burton bombs, his long kicking game wasn’t bad, still not involved enough and taking the wrong options but hopefully we can utilise that kick of his to turn teams around when we are struggling coming out of our end, and considering there are two origin forwards in their pack our boys dominated for 80 mins.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dally M votes: Viliame Kikau 5, Reed Mahoney 5, Jacob Kiraz 1, Josh Curran 1

Mahoney getting 5 points over Kiraz is cooked

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best thing about the game was the way our forwards stood up against their bigger pack. The quality and work rate's of Mann and Curran is helping to balance the lack of size in the middle, and King and Mahoney are toiling great.

But lets face it, the Titan's are a team out of form and they played pretty dumb. We played what was in front of us and had a great morale booster, but we need heads down for the next one against another team we should beat right now.

I agree with everyone saying Tracey to fullback. He's got everything Taaffe's got, is a better defender, safer under the high ball, and has late footwork at the line so doesn't get driven backwards monotonously. Right now, Taaffe getting monstered is killing our momentum from kick returns nearly every time. And even from wing Tracey was straightening things up for us on the weekend. I'm sick of seeing Hutch and Taaffe go so sideways in right side attacking plays.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a lot easier to "put away" a team when;
You have 53% of the possession
They only Complete at 67%
When they have 63 Missed and Ineffective Tackles
They make 16 Errors
The Penalties and On reports are 9 to 4
They only Defuse 59% of your bombs

The Tigers didn't win that game, Cronulla lost it.

Always a Bulldog
And those are effectively the same stats against us that allowed the Eels and the Sharks to win.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dally M votes: Viliame Kikau 5, Reed Mahoney 5, Jacob Kiraz 1, Josh Curran 1

Mahoney getting 5 points over Kiraz is cooked
It's the work Mahony does that we don't see that earned him the points.

Gus once said that he likes players whose real work is not seen, because they don't draw attention to themselves; they just work hard and bring out the best in everyone else.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The best thing about the game was the way our forwards stood up against their bigger pack. The quality and work rate's of Mann and Curran is helping to balance the lack of size in the middle, and King and Mahoney are toiling great.

But lets face it, the Titan's are a team out of form and they played pretty dumb. We played what was in front of us and had a great morale booster, but we need heads down for the next one against another team we should beat right now.

I agree with everyone saying Tracey to fullback. He's got everything Taaffe's got, is a better defender, safer under the high ball, and has late footwork at the line so doesn't get driven backwards monotonously. Right now, Taaffe getting monstered is killing our momentum from kick returns nearly every time. And even from wing Tracey was straightening things up for us on the weekend. I'm sick of seeing Hutch and Taaffe go so sideways in right side attacking plays.
We need a bit more speed out of Hutchinson. He can make a break, but is caught almost immediately.

If Taaffe had a bit more bulk, I'd put him at half. As it is, Taaffe would be monstered by the forwards.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need a bit more speed out of Hutchinson. He can make a break, but is caught almost immediately.

If Taaffe had a bit more bulk, I'd put him at half. As it is, Taaffe would be monstered by the forwards.
Maybe the difference between Tracey and Taaffe is that Taaffe has more potential in attack when playing closer to the ruck?
For example backing up offloads or as an additional half in passing movements?
Tracey looked good on Saturday but is better playing wide. He looks good with a bit of space but Taafe has more speed off the mark.

Ciraldo might be giving Taaffe more time to work on his role closer to the play.

Perhaps Ciraldo's game plan is a fullback who plays closer to the ruck and in that regard Taaffe is considered to have an edge over Tracey who is better focusing on being an attacking weapon out wide?
Longer term, Taaffe's 2 or 3 metres of acceleration in the ruck might bit obe more important to Ciraldo than being able to leap 5 metres in the air to catch bombs?

Building this side, especially with so many new ball players will take time.

There isn't a stat for backing up offloads. But here is the NRL stat for Taaffe's receipts and passes.

v Eels
26 receipts, 12 passes

v Sharks
35 receipts 18 passes

v Titans
37 receipts 16 passes

Dylan Edwards seems to average around 35-40 receipts and 15-20 passes per game.

If this is what Ciraldo is trying to build, then Hutchison's stepping back into the defense all the time makes more sense. By creating an opportunity for Taaffe to come in to the next play.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looking forward to watching NRL360 tonight with no slander which instead will go to Souffs

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Hutch isn't going anywhere, IMO Taafe alot more likely to get dropped. Hutch's goal line defence has been excellent, Shaun Lane, Teig Wilton, even big Tino, he has come up with a number of big one on one tackles on strike players. He also wraps up the ball and stops a quick play the ball. He has been great. He is also running so much to get players to hold off. Now when teams do their homework they will say he runs alot, means later he can hopefully find our outside men with more space when he does pass.