OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
but do they really need another winger? Tbh they need des, or some hard arse coach that isn’t scared of latrell or Cody. Those two are brilliant players but if the press is to be believed (big if, btw), they are a bad influence on the locker room
Maybe not when Graham is back. Milne and Kennar pretty shit though. Johnson not looking as good. Yet that Munroe kid is out injured too, he looks quality. Yeah seems a split is in the playing group hey. I heard Ilias killed it in NSW cup, got man of match.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe not when Graham is back. Milne and Kennar pretty shit though. Johnson not looking as good. Yet that Munroe kid is out injured too, he looks quality. Yeah seems a split is in the playing group hey. I heard Ilias killed it in NSW cup, got man of match.
good point. Milne and Kennar are fucking rubbish. Agreed with rest. Hopefully illias doesn’t come back with some confidence in his step

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
good point. Milne and Kennar are fucking rubbish. Agreed with rest. Hopefully illias doesn’t come back with some confidence in his step
There’s no way he’s naming him this week. Coach has backed himself into a corner, has to play Hawkins for a couple weeks at least. These have been the traditional games where we play a side into form. I don’t see that happening anymore, not with our defence. Be a massive win if we could pull it off. Bookies aren’t giving us a chance, judging by odds

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just checked the stats and a few stand out.

- 9 to 3 penalty count against us (we did get 3 restarts though)

- Errors were similar. They made 12. We made 10.

- 8 line breaks to 1.

We really should have won by 50
For sure. There were four other occasions when we crossed their line.

Wishful thinking, but we could have potentially run up a score of 60 points if all tries were awarded and converted.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
There’s no way he’s naming him this week. Coach has backed himself into a corner, has to play Hawkins for a couple weeks at least. These have been the traditional games where we play a side into form. I don’t see that happening anymore, not with our defence. Be a massive win if we could pull it off. Bookies aren’t giving us a chance, judging by odds
For some reason the mood seems to be sympathy for a top eight team that has lost three in a row - not for a cellar dweller that had one win after a long string of losses, and is finally coming good.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
For some reason the mood seems to be sympathy for a top eight team that has lost three in a row - not for a cellar dweller that had one win after a long string of losses, and is finally coming good.
The goodies and baddies MO that the main stream media live off.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don’t get the Hutchinson slander for this game. Sharks game he was shite, Eels game don’t really care only round 1 but the disallowed try he set up was very good imo plus his hands for preston’s try also. He ran the ball when he needed to and often had his hands free for an offload. Taaffe or Mahoney need to look to support that more often cause i recon every time he ran the ball he broke through with hands free. #HutchoHive

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t get the Hutchinson slander for this game. Sharks game he was shite, Eels game don’t really care only round 1 but the disallowed try he set up was very good imo plus his hands for preston’s try also. He ran the ball when he needed to and often had his hands free for an offload. Taaffe or Mahoney need to look to support that more often cause i recon every time he ran the ball he broke through with hands free. #HutchoHive
If Nathan Cleary or DCE had caught & passed in one motion like Hutchinson did for Preston’s try, Andrew Johns would have been frothing at the mouth.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For sure. There were four other occasions when we crossed their line.

Wishful thinking, but we could have potentially run up a score of 60 points if all tries were awarded and converted.
Yep agreed mate.

We won’t really know how to judge that game until after this Friday. Gold Coast were awful. They have serious problems.

It’s strange to see a club with a decent roster go so bad with a new coach.

Doggysee

Waterboy
Reaction score
Only concerns are

Taffe is a reserve grader, Tracey should go FB

Sam hughes was underwhelming, looks nothing more than a run of the mill forward which is disappointing given his size

Obviously there are other areas of improvement we need but I'm only pointing out in respect to what players we currently have
You are dreaming. Have a look at most of the games Sam Hughes has played before the weekends one. Whenever he is on the points for the other teams completely dry up. Dogs bleed points when he comes off. Nobody has a better tackle efficiency than him.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Souffs got another hiding on show, good to watch for a change. Can’t believe they had Dom Young all but signed, then coaching staff pulled the pin. Big mistake, he’s a freak
Totally agree @Cook

With the wingers they've got, young walks into that team. More importantly, burgess delivered him.

There's a serious cabal there and no one is calling it out but burgess. morris just left, assuming he didn't want to taint his reputation locally by speaking out about club matters. burgess has warrington humming (wish we had the money Vaughan was looking for, his form has been strong)

I really hope the volume of press is living rent free in their heads. They're down on confidence and if murray really is injured, that will also play on their minds. He's been by far their best player this year. We need to start super strong, steamroll them and then frustrate/smother them with our defense. If we do that, in the headspace their two biggest stars are in, mistakes and niggle will (hopefully) cost them.

I just want our boys fired up for this. It's time we won Good Friday!

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Nathan Cleary or DCE had caught & passed in one motion like Hutchinson did for Preston’s try, Andrew Johns would have been frothing at the mouth.
That stood straight out for me when i watched the match replay i changed my opinion a bit after that 1 piece of class from him gave Preston all the room.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are dreaming. Have a look at most of the games Sam Hughes has played before the weekends one. Whenever he is on the points for the other teams completely dry up. Dogs bleed points when he comes off. Nobody has a better tackle efficiency than him.
Hughes did his job well i was taken back a bit by Capt Jacksons comment to i was more concerned by the way Knight was struggling .

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We rightly deserve to enjoy the win...
Let's hope we will back it up by another win against Soufffs,
We need to continue the momentum !!!

Reactions: ATT

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hughes did his job well i was taken back a bit by Capt Jacksons comment to i was more concerned by the way Knight was struggling .
So you guys know what "underwhelming" means? I didn't say he had a bad game, I'm saying I expected more from him. His hitups usually bend the line, he didn't at all vs titans. Clearly CC is using him as an impact big body for the final 20 to 30 minutes, hence I'd expect his hitups to cause a little bit more damage, with a quick PTB to get us onto the front foot. Rounds 1 and 2 he was ok with this, vs titans I was underwhelmed.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you guys know what "underwhelming" means? I didn't say he had a bad game, I'm saying I expected more from him. His hitups usually bend the line, he didn't at all vs titans. Clearly CC is using him as an impact big body for the final 20 to 30 minutes, hence I'd expect his hitups to cause a little bit more damage, with a quick PTB to get us onto the front foot. Rounds 1 and 2 he was ok with this, vs titans I was underwhelmed.
I was only talking about the Titans game

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As horrible as the Titans were, if we're serious, that's the type of team who we should beat 9/10. We have had mixes results against them in recent seasons so it's nice that our boys put on a display to suggest that it is us who are moving forward, particularly because for some reason Titans were predicted by many to make the 8.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep agreed mate.

We won’t really know how to judge that game until after this Friday. Gold Coast were awful. They have serious problems.

It’s strange to see a club with a decent roster go so bad with a new coach.
It's wonderful. Hope they can maintain their shitness. Karma is a bitch Desmond