Players Worth Considering for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jeff robson? Fucking lol
So true... I couldn't help but think the Sharkies win had a distinct South Sydney smell about it and there was no way after the AFL's Western Bulldogs fairytale the NRL would let slip Cronulla's first premiership.
It still pisses me off the NRL allowed Souths to ring their own bell prior to kick off in an enormously biased pre-game stunt. I should also add they played glory glory to South Sydney also before
Lol explain to me how the nrl let us win the comp?

But I will agree with the way souths carried on pregame of the 2014 grand final. Was a joke

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Spot on, time to take a back seat like the Roosters do, no reason why we can't have a big spend up for 2018
Off contract in 2017 (zero tackle)
Elliot / Garvey / Holland / Hopoate / Lichaa / Liolevave / Phillips / Reynolds / Stanley / Tolman

Out of that lot i would only keep; Elliot and Phillips, maybe Holland. Haven't seen enough of Lamar to have an opinion.
Lamar is already gone. Did not even see out the second year of his deal.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jeff robson? Fucking lol

Lol explain to me how the nrl let us win the comp?

But I will agree with the way souths carried on pregame of the 2014 grand final. Was a joke
To be honest, Cronulla won that game fair and square and were the better team on the day. But the pre-game feelhad similar hype to the South Sydney grand final appearance a few years back.

I never actually said the NRL "let" Cronulla win, but I believe the NRL has been guilty at times on influencing results through officiating. The penalty on the storm that led to attacking field position and the Fifita try ultimately proved to be the winner (whilst it obviously deserved a penalty, all I'm saying is that the refs may have opted play on if that was Sharkies infringement at that critical stage in the game, we'll never know..but the best team definitely won that game in this instance).

That South Sydney game, when the Doggies hit back and got in the arm wrestle and had Souths pegged in their 20m, the ref blew two successive penalties which led to the George Burgess bullocking run and that swung the momentum back in their direction and the rest is history...

I have no doubt the NRL favours certain match ups snd influences via on field refereeing and bunker decisions.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Spot on, time to take a back seat like the Roosters do, no reason why we can't have a big spend up for 2018
Off contract in 2017 (zero tackle)
Elliot / Garvey / Holland / Hopoate / Lichaa / Liolevave / Phillips / Reynolds / Stanley / Tolman

Out of that lot i would only keep; Elliot and Phillips, maybe Holland. Haven't seen enough of Lamar to have an opinion.
Thats about 1.7 million dollars of cap space.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Valentine holmes $800k fb spot - then a good half

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In order
1.Kalyn Ponga - Possibly games best player of future years as is in same mold as JT when he was a youngster.Someone you build a team around and worth the investment.I personally used to watch JT play lower grades for dogs and he was on another level and the comparison is uncanny.I will say again that no one thought JT was to small and not ready to be a first grade half but only an impact bench player but the cows invested and showed faith and look what happened.
2.Ben Hunt - He is a great player who i see getting better and what we need position wise.

3.Jason Tuamolola - Terminator, imagine him locking up our scrum .

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I have faith in Elliot. He only played a handful of games, the bloke seems to carry alot of similar traits to Jackson. His mindset seems to be the same and they are similar size. Elliot has a bit more toe, he is an agile backrower which is what we need, instead of the fat plodders who get turned around out wide every week.
Thats it, Elliot isn't an impact player, he's a starter. Im certain he will improve, too much pressure was placed on the young lad imo.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to todays telecrap he has been released from Panfers and is on no other teams "gains" list, not even Manly.

Manly's gains are: Blake Green, Shaun Lane, Cameron Cullen, Akuila Uate, Jonathon Wright.
Manly have lost half their squad

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So true... I couldn't help but think the Sharkies win had a distinct South Sydney smell about it and there was no way after the AFL's Western Bulldogs fairytale the NRL would let slip Cronulla's first premiership.
It still pisses me off the NRL allowed Souths to ring their own bell prior to kick off in an enormously biased pre-game stunt. I should also add they played glory glory to South Sydney also before
...and then had the temerity to fine the Dogs for skipping Souffs theme song and the ringing of the bell by the twat who can't act!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats it, Elliot isn't an impact player, he's a starter. Im certain he will improve, too much pressure was placed on the young lad imo.
What pressure ? He was thrown balls on his chest and he dropped it over and over ,hes a dud

Last edited:

Archie

Waterboy
Reaction score
Adam Elliot ... what a joke, had the chances to make an impact with the opportunity and failed miserably... just as bad as Lachlan burr! If u get a chance in first grade u have to make statement from that first or second game.., he didn't in any.

All we need in 2017 is a fullback and half back. The rest of the team will be powerful with 2 guns in those positions , fullback - kalyn ponga
Half back- someone special

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol Ponga hype train

Archie

Waterboy
Reaction score
You've obviously not done your research on ponga. Future star and in his first game of first grade on the wing in a semi final he made more impact than many players have on debut.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Adam Elliot ... what a joke, had the chances to make an impact with the opportunity and failed miserably... just as bad as Lachlan burr! If u get a chance in first grade u have to make statement from that first or second game.., he didn't in any.

All we need in 2017 is a fullback and half back. The rest of the team will be powerful with 2 guns in those positions , fullback - kalyn ponga
Half back- someone special
How is it a joke? watch him in the lower grades and see how he performs. He is a good player, and more importantly has a good mindset which our team lacks overall

Archie

Waterboy
Reaction score
How is it a joke? watch him in the lower grades and see how he performs. He is a good player, and more importantly has a good mindset which our team lacks overall
You said it the lower grades, that's where he belongs. Won't crack first grade .

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You've obviously not done your research on ponga. Future star and in his first game of first grade on the wing in a semi final he made more impact than many players have on debut.
I not done my research

#immortalponga

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And souths were the only team who beat us, does that make them the best team of the year. What's your point?

You think your team would have came close to any of those teams in the top the way they played in the semis? Don't worry about regular season games
You say we were a fair way behind the top 4 teams. Were we a fair way behind Melbourne when we beat them at home? One of two teams to do so. Were we a fair way behind Brisbane when we flogged them at ANZ? Were we a fair way behind your team when you beat us on the bell? My point is that the team had the ability when they were "on". They were lacking a coach who could sit down, analyse the opposition team's strengths and weaknesses, then formulate an appropriate game plan to defeat them.If we had a coach who COULD, we would have given the premiership a shake.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You say we were a fair way behind the top 4 teams. Were we a fair way behind Melbourne when we beat them at home? One of two teams to do so. Were we a fair way behind Brisbane when we flogged them at ANZ? Were we a fair way behind your team when you beat us on the bell? My point is that the team had the ability when they were "on". They were lacking a coach who could sit down, analyse the opposition team's strengths and weaknesses, then formulate an appropriate game plan to defeat them.If we had a coach who COULD, we would have given the premiership a shake.
Again it's regular season. Sharks and broncos were well below par in the game's against you guys

Your version of 'on' is a bit away from what the top teams produced when they were 'on' during the season and a hell of allot away from what the top teams produced in the semis.

You really are fluffing it up way to much. The fact you guys couldn't get over a shaky penrith in the first half of the semi is proof of this.

If you guys were up the standard of the top 4 yous would have beaten the panthers. That's reality

Status
Not open for further replies.