Players Worth Considering for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Waste of cap space. All three.

Elliot will be a gun one day and will be a solid backrower for this club.

Also this club don't need players until the morris twins, bupa and beast leave.
Elliott will need to improve a hell of a lot he was garbage when he played first grade this year

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard Tony Williams is off contract... Might also be worth considering.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have faith in Elliot. He only played a handful of games, the bloke seems to carry alot of similar traits to Jackson. His mindset seems to be the same and they are similar size. Elliot has a bit more toe, he is an agile backrower which is what we need, instead of the fat plodders who get turned around out wide every week.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We don't need a Premiership then.
When u consider we almost matched the finalists in 2016 with a sluggish game plan and a rookie spine one must only believe we can be better considering the game plan changes and the squad will be more mature.

If Abbey and Lee play and succeed the dogs may be stronger than most think.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We don't need a Premiership then.
It's not just about winning premierships, it's also about the product we offer and image of our club. When people look at our club they don't say, those dam grub bulldogs run by grubs, they say wow what a turn around it's a great diverse political correct power house, which is what you want from the image part and product range of the club.
1 premiership by 2019 is still a goal but to say a priority? There's no point winning a comp if the CEO isn't female.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Matagi went to Manly
According to todays telecrap he has been released from Panfers and is on no other teams "gains" list, not even Manly.

Manly's gains are: Blake Green, Shaun Lane, Cameron Cullen, Akuila Uate, Jonathon Wright.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When u consider we almost matched the finalists in 2016 with a sluggish game plan and a rookie spine one must only believe we can be better considering the game plan changes and the squad will be more mature.

If Abbey and Lee play and succeed the dogs may be stronger than most think.
No offense but you guys were quite a fair way behind the top 4 teams. Don't think a change in game plan will change that

Bottom line is you need to improve your roster. starting with the spine

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I saw Locke playing in a Fox memorial game on TV yesterday. It was an old game from this season, but he looked SHITHOUSE lol.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No offense but you guys were quite a fair way behind the top 4 teams. Don't think a change in game plan will change that

They'll be alright mate... A bit of experience and a little bit of tinkering to the line-up along with some expansive footy will get this team going forward again.

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Yeah, right mate, your mob managed to beat us on the bell despite our crap game plan.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah, right mate, your mob managed to beat us on the bell despite our crap game plan.
And souths were the only team who beat us, does that make them the best team of the year. What's your point?

You think your team would have came close to any of those teams in the top the way they played in the semis? Don't worry about regular season games

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Splash the cash for hunt
Hey its Nasheed here guys.

I also believe that if we splash then we can get Hunt, and that we should.

However i have noted that others say hes all about power and doesnt organise his team. IF thats true (not from what ive seen) and IF thats what the dogs need...

Why not Jeff Robson?

Parra have all but wrapped him up for 200k next year. Why dont we swoop in like graceful swans on a summer lake and pinch him fron under their nose?

we throw 280k at him, he doesnt even need to move house. He will likely be a 1 year option and he is probably the most organisationally minded half in the comp.

Basically, it buys us time to have a real dig at Ash Taylor or Berrick Barnes from Union etc.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The nrl is doing fairytale stories at the moment, our fairytale premiership won't becoming any time soon, maybe their setting us up for our 20 year anniversary!
So true... I couldn't help but think the Sharkies win had a distinct South Sydney smell about it and there was no way after the AFL's Western Bulldogs fairytale the NRL would let slip Cronulla's first premiership.
It still pisses me off the NRL allowed Souths to ring their own bell prior to kick off in an enormously biased pre-game stunt. I should also add they played glory glory to South Sydney also before

Status
Not open for further replies.