• Yes

Votes: 47 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 118 71.5%

• Total voters

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m prepared to give the bloke next year. Considering the only major one available is Munster.
A full preseason training under Burton’s bombs may help build his confidence, and hopefully Ciraldo can help him with defence and build a combo in attack with Burton, Flano, and Reed.
I read an article or saw an interview about a month ago of Jake claiming to be studying James Tedesco and the way he plays. He clearly likes the role and has a desire to improve there so I’m happy to give him the time to succeed.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He needs to do extras now not wait for pre season ( and if he is doing extras then he needs to do more)

Someone give him Kobe Bryant’s mamba mentality to read

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think at this stage, Averillo will be given the offseason to show why he should be FB to CC, and if he succeeds will have 12 months to show CC and the rest of the NRL that he will succeed at FB. Even if CC signs let's say, Crichton, it will be for 2024 we all know that Panthers do not let players go early. So Averillo will be auditioning for the FB role at dogs or another club. But as long as he is performing, he will continue to have that opportunity.

We have heard that Burton likes to do extras after training has finished, Averillo has that opportunity to do extras with Burton. I have a feeling that Jake doesn't get along with Burton for some reason. Earlier in the year (when he was HB) he was asked what he was doing to have a good partnership with Burton, and it was very unconvincing and didn't sound like he was going out of his way to understand Burton at all. That may have been a Barrett failing not pushing them to do teambuilding exercises outside of normal training, but he has this opportunity and will soon pass him by if he doesn't take it with both hands.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
For now yeah …. Gus is on the earch but

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
if anyone watched the matty johns show last night, they showed dogs v warriors. Hazem dropped 2 bombs for 2 tries, it happens. Hazem is regarded a legend on here and they werent spiral bombs eithe just standard end over end kicks.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Attacking wise he has been decent enough at fullback when we are attacking in the opposition 20. His support play is non existent & It's the fullback fundamentals like catching the high ball, organising the defence etc where he seems to be struggling (which makes sense considering he went into the season training at 7). A whole pre-season at fullback will see him improve in those areas, although i'm not convinced that he's our long term answer.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He seems to be a bit weak mentally when ever he makes mistakes or got dominated in centres (olam springs to mind) he just goes into his shell for 2 many games, needs a bit of coaching from James Maloney fuck up move in try the next thing

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bad position play on 5th tackles in our red zone...also Didnt put his body on the line when it matters like on their grubbers..

Lacks the workrate and creativity needed by fullbacks these days..

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
Hopefully they Toia has a big off season and we give him a crack

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crichton isn’t the answer at fullback but would be handy at centre. Munster on the other hand….

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Avo is a pussy.

Not the FB we are looking for.
Will say - what the fck are you meant to do when your team just lets the halves wander around the field doing whatever the fck they wanted. Think I saw Moses wander across the field in the second half past 7 blokes. Moses and Brown will pick you off if you're out of position by a metre or two.

Seriously - could have had Billy Slater back there today and wouldn't have changed a fckng thing.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our biggest issue is #1 and our bench

Our bench is actually one of the worst in the comp

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Will say - what the fck are you meant to do when your team just lets the halves wander around the field doing whatever the fck they wanted. Think I saw Moses wander across the field in the second half past 7 blokes. Moses and Brown will pick you off if you're out of position by a metre or two.

Seriously - could have had Billy Slater back there today and wouldn't have changed a fckng thing.
While I can't argue with what you said, this is an ongoing problem with him that's only getting worse by the week. He lacks heart and balls, it's like he doesn't like any impact at all, especially with his fkn pussy "attempts" at stopping tries.

I'm Sorry but I hate fucking weak ***** that don't leave it all on the field or forgo self preservation for the team. Its a shit look and bad for team morale. Even if you can't stop a try at least fkn try to stop it.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Toia and Averillo and co will battle for the 1 jersey this pre season no matter how much people complain. Avo is contracted for 2023 so idk what ya’ll can do about him. Give him this pre season then write him off.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
While I can't argue with what you said, this is an ongoing problem with him that's only getting worse by the week. He lacks heart and balls, it's like he doesn't like any impact at all, especially with his fkn pussy "attempts" at stopping tries.

I'm Sorry but I hate fucking weak ***** that don't leave it all on the field or forgo self preservation for the team. Its a shit look and bad for team morale. Even if you can't stop a try at least fkn try to stop it.
Funny - when we had halves playing like halves - Avo looked ok. Now??? Think there are bigger fish to fry bro (especially when he's had, what 12 odd games at it?)

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jackson gave him a big spray today about not putting his body on the line, definately not a fullback this young man, hence the reason Gus chased dykes and miller hard. Feel sorry for this kid got an easy run for a long time without being penalised for poor play, never gets dropped , so he’s never forced to learn. Not his fault been basically handed a Fg jersey, can’t really say he’s earned it, but that’s where we are as as a club.