• Yes

Votes: 47 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 118 71.5%

• Total voters

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m keen to give Avo a chance, but I don’t see Tesi Nu sticking around Brisbane.
Will give Avo and Toia some healthy fight for spot.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to know by the end of the season if Averillo's our long term fullback or not because 2024 recruitment starts in November this year. When looking at who's available and who we have a chance of getting S. Crichton's (fullback money/overs) the only option imo. I also think we need a halfback/half (e.g Munster) and prop (e.g. Haas) more tho. I think we can only get 2/3 (marquees).
Agreed. I can’t see the point giving Avo a full preseason and then waiting 6-8 rounds next season to see what happens. Planning for a new fullback would / should be underway. Then Avo can fight for a spot in the team and earn a jersey if he is good enough.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Agreed. I can’t see the point giving Avo a full preseason and then waiting 6-8 rounds next season to see what happens. Planning for a new fullback would / should be underway. Then Avo can fight for a spot in the team and earn a jersey if he is good enough.
At worse there's a 14 spot for Averillo, in theory he's perfect for that role since Reed's a 80 minute hooker, and hopefully we extend our second rower Topine who can also play a bit of hooker in an emergency.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At worse there's a 14 spot for Averillo, in theory he's perfect for that role since Reed's a 80 minute hooker, and hopefully we extend our second rower Topine who can also play a bit of hooker.
Yes Avo would be a decent 14 covers a lot of positions. I don’t mind Avo but he got a free ticket to first grade in a sense being at the club during a weak roster. I don’t think it’s bad thing that he could fight for a spot and prove himself through NSW cup.

Malla

Reaction score
Averillo tries hard, but doesnt really cut it. Fullback is usually filled by someone who has the inate ability to respond to what is happening.
Averillo does not appear to have that ability.
I still believe the guy who ticks all the boxes for fullback is Jacob Kiraz. Averillo can be our 14.
Agree with all the above but sometimes I even question whether he tries

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney was the fastest player at the club and largely ineffective. We need a fullback fast between the ears. I’m just not sure where we find one

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd take Will Kennedy off the Sharks hands if they are keen on Dykes long term.
Yep big Will Kennedy fan. All the markings of quality full back with a bit of upside. Reads the game really well. Knows when hold, fold or play ball. Great instincts that can’t be taught.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know one poster is totally besotted by Averillo's sexy legs. But it takes more than that to be a good fullback.