Non-binding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else think this non-binding stuff is a bit sus? Would Des and his management be really that dumb enough to fall for this ? Or is this the boards way of saving face and making out like no great loss, even though a large undisclosed settlement may still take place...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's Dib trying to paint the rosiest picture possible but at the end of the day Des is gone and that's the most important thing. What's the point of signing a contract if it's non binding?

Reactions: DT

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the latter, Des is a lot of things but stupid isn't one of them. But like Spoonman just said, doesn't matter how it happened, just that it happened!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A non-binding agreement means that it was like an MOU like what Fifita agreed to.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DIB fucked Des sideways and then sent him packing, doing the walk of shame LOL...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah I don't care, the main thing is he is gone. The club can pay him 2 mil and it wouldn't faze me, not my money.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
ofcourse it is sus

over the period of last few months , whenever the jounros had asked Des about his position as a coach, he always said with confidence that he is here till 2019 so why he should be feeling that his position is unsafe.

i guess there is some money which has exchanged hands here, as some people have suggested.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Said it 1000 times. Des Hasler got the 2 year extension because he guaranteed the Board Foran. If he wasn't coach Foran wasn't coming. It's that simple. Once they got Foran, Hasler was a dead man walking. If the Dogs had a good season, entrenched in the 8 , he'd if been ok. It didn't happen.
The board were desperate for Foran. They used Hasler & now we are left with this.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If it was non binding then why did dib announce Haller signed for another 2 years!
That's why I think Des will win if he takes it to court.

Don't think the Dogs will want it go to court as Des will spill the beans on the behind the scenes.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
There has to be a payout imo.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
That's why I think Des will win if he takes it to court.

Don't think the Dogs will want it go to court as Des will spill the beans on the behind the scenes.
He probably would, but as if he wants to go through that and spend all the money associated with that. The worst case scenario is we pay him out a percentage of it.

source: my gut feeling, my gut is basically a lawyer

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dib trying saving his own arse.

Elias stood down from the board earlier this year.. I wonder ... could HE be mounting a rebel ticket?

NATHAN RYAN (Fox / Grain of Salt) reckons the payout figure is $600,000, and that talking to players by Dib sealed Haslers fate.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
A heads of agreement is just that.
Both parties are bound by it .
Dib is being disingenuous and there will be a "confidential" payment negotiated I have no doubt.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He probably would, but as if he wants to go through that and spend all the money associated with that. The worst case scenario is we pay him out a percentage of it.
Des will ask for costs. (because he is money hungry)

Des will want the entire amount, as that's what he signed.

IMO: Dib fucked up by announcing he had re-signed for 2 more years.

I do think that Des knew he was on the chopping block & that's why he kept saying, I have another 2 year contract.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if there was a top eight clause in the contract and des promised then that if he didn't make the 8 the it will only remain a binding contract and will be reviewed at season end and had he made the 8 it would've been registered.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regardless of whether it was binding or non-binding the fact is that there was some kind of agreement and strong enough for the Club and Board to announce the 2 year extension earlier this year which is enough evidence in itself for an agreement of some kind to have been formed. Dib is not the sharpest tool in the Shed and reiterated on 2GB this morning by both Jones and Hadlee that this will be a costly move that has been handled poorly by a board of "Perennial Bed Wetters" that could not see further than making a call to save their own positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.