Non-binding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des as time went by was looking worse for wear - it dawned on him that the final contract to be signed was being stalled on and he realised that the Heads of Agreement was not binding - but, we mistreated Des in my view - you don't tell someone we are good to go for 2 years - and be passive aggressive on him and deny him finding a coaching role elsewhere.

The Board have fucked up yet again and I would not be surprised if they end up settling out of court to wipe their mess. I am not proud of how Des coached and I am not proud of how we managed him out. There are idiots running our club and they need to be moved on.

DEFINITION of 'Heads Of Agreement' A non-binding document outlining the main issues relevant to a tentative partnership agreement.

It is generally believed that a Heads of Agreement is an informal and non-binding document which does nothing more than set out the proposed agreement between the parties. However, if the parties are not careful, the Heads of Agreement can be a binding legally enforceable contract.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Court costs money matey.. and if he is the tight ass that everyone say's he is id say its not a chance
He will ask for costs to be awarded.

IMO: They will come to an agreement before it goes to court.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm this is an interesting situation. If Dib has managed to axe Castle and Des without having to pay either a cent isn't that a great outcome?
I guess we won't know for sure until the lawyers/courts decide but if Dib gets away with this then I think this was the best outcome after the stupid decision to hand Des a new deal after the Broncos game

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I cannot think of 1 reason why not just pay Des out. I can think of a few reasons to:

1. Drama is not good for anyone.
2. Following this instance and the Fifita situation both players and coaches will be tentative when negotiating with the Bulldogs, which makes them less attractive overall.
3. Given how terrible the Bulldogs have been at recruiting for years, and the best signings are a sus Foran and pattycake Woods, you want to maximize attractiveness to bring in actual elite players.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think its funny as a big finger to des

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

There's a long winded process behind this. It could take months or even years to sort out. Once decided comes the question of costs

More than likely will be an out of court settlement as I'm sure Des won't be wanting to take time off coaching to meet with solicitors or attend hearings/ mediations. No other club would want the distraction when signing him either

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think its impossible for hasler and the club to have a difference of opinion here at this point because the situation would be clearly defined in the contract, so yes i definitely think this is a show to publicly downplay his payout because thats the main thing people would be lining up to criticise dib for

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
This whole thing stinks of a knee-jerk reaction by Dib and his buddies on the board so that they can be voted in again. They had every intention of keeping Des on as coach, but seeing the outrage by fans, and more importantly, those who will be voting in a few months, he decided to axe him in hope that it will save his position on the board.

The manner in which it was done is disgusting; the treatment of Des is disgusting; and his motives for his actions are disgusting. This whole thing has made our club look shit, and the current image of the club is a reflection of Dib's poor management skills.

In business, you study a situation, make a well-informed and well-thought out decision and back yourself and your decisions, or you get the fuck out. Dib: it's time to get the fuck out.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's a long winded process behind this. It could take months or even years to sort out. Once decided comes the question of costs

More than likely will be an out of court settlement as I'm sure Des won't be wanting to take time off coaching to meet with solicitors or attend hearings/ mediations. No other club would want the distraction when signing him either
That's one point of Des wanting his money.

Dib took him off the market, by saying he re-signed for 2 more years.

He could have gone for the Souths job etc, but clubs thought he was unavailable.

A

Alexander the Great

Cost's may be awared but you still have to put your hand in your pocket..and some of these appplications in the civil law can be pretty pricey $$$
Doubt he will do it.

Wokball

Waterboy
Reaction score
It's so sad that Ray Dib is trying to slither himself out if having to pay out Des Hasler and appear as though he's saving the club a tonne of money.
Do the right thing Canterbury and pay the man what is his and negotiated by both parties when this heads of agreement was signed.
If it goes to the Supreme Court the Des will be awarded his money as well as costs.
Ray's behaviour this week has sadly been pedestrian

N

Natboy

Even though Des screwed our club I feel as though we should settle this with him

Status
Not open for further replies.