No surprise that when we have a proper halfback 2 weeks in a row we win both games

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't see how mbye can even make the 17 anymore

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see how mbye can even make the 17 anymore
Honestly we need his speed. He's the only one who has it.

I'd have him switching with hoppa in attack and defence (assuming hoppa plays fullback that is)

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Give it up guys.

You 100% know if everyone is fit next week then it's the same team that runs out in round 1.

Frawley saves dezs career and gets shafted hard.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly we need his speed. He's the only one who has it.

I'd have him switching with hoppa in attack and defence (assuming hoppa plays fullback that is)
but where would you have him in the starting side though to be able to do that?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
01 Moses Mbye
02 Brett Morris
03 Josh Morris
04 Brenko Lee
05 Marcelo Montoya
06 Josh Reynolds
07 Matt Frawley
08 David Klemmer
09 Michael Lichaa
10 James Graham (c)
11 Josh Jackson
12 RFM
13 Greg Eastwood

14 Sam Kasiano
15 Aiden Tolman
16 Rod Griffin
17 Will Hopoate

When Lichaa needs a rest Mbye goes to hooker, Hopoate to wing and Morris can play fullback for 20-30 minutes a game.

Reactions: DT

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only problem is he arm grabs in defence but nothing our defence coaches can't work on him with in training

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
01 Moses Mbye
02 Brett Morris
03 Josh Morris
04 Brenko Lee
05 Marcelo Montoya
06 Josh Reynolds
07 Matt Frawley
08 David Klemmer
09 Michael Lichaa
10 James Graham (c)
11 Josh Jackson
12 RFM
13 Greg Eastwood

14 Sam Kasiano
15 Aiden Tolman
16 Rod Griffin
17 Will Hopoate

When Lichaa needs a rest Mbye goes to hooker, Hopoate to wing and Morris can play fullback for 20-30 minutes a game.
It will take 2 years for Mumbai to master the fullback position. If he is to get a crack there he needs atleast 1 offseason. You can't move him there next week. I have been one of the biggest Mumbai to fullback supporters. But the guy hasn't played there for 5 years. His positional play, his fitness, his catching, his defence will need time to get back up to speed. And I doubt bulldog fans will be patient for him to develop those skills in first grade.

If he is to come back as a fullback (either this year or next year) then he has to learn his trade in nsw cup. And I doubt Hasler would ever do that as he is his 800k signing and Hasler has him as the starting half. Both would be uncharictaristic of Hasler.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It will take 2 years for Mumbai to master the fullback position. If he is to get a crack there he needs atleast 1 offseason. You can't move him there next week. I have been one of the biggest Mumbai to fullback supporters. But the guy hasn't played there for 5 years. His positional play, his fitness, his catching, his defence will need time to get back up to speed. And I doubt bulldog fans will be patient for him to develop those skills in first grade.

If he is to come back as a fullback (either this year or next year) then he has to learn his trade in nsw cup. And I doubt Hasler would ever do that as he is his 800k signing and Hasler has him as the starting half. Both would be uncharictaristic of Hasler.
He would do a better job than Hopoate and Abbey.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is this a gee up? Serious question.
No way. Running lots more. Huge improvement from last year. Can't see why the solution to our problems is dump a guy who is improving. At this stage logic tells me he is a watch and see what happens prospect. I'd like to see how much improvement he has in him this year before a decision is made.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He would do a better job than Hopoate and Abbey.
I think with the right development he definitely has the best potential. But if we throw maybye in there next week I think he won't last a half before people start blasting him.
He will make mistakes at the back and will drop balls. He'll be caught out of positions and miss tackles. If people don't have patience for abbey to develop in first grade who has played fullback his whole career I can't imagine what will happen when a bomb goes up and the fullback is no where near the ball.
It will be like the time Anasta played fullback at the roosters. Mbye can be a top 5 fullback in the Comp. but he needs development and game time. Hasler isn't the coach to get him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.