No surprise that when we have a proper halfback 2 weeks in a row we win both games

Status
Not open for further replies.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We get a young promising halfback in Frawley he spends 3 years in reserves not even once gets a go in first grade despite all the halves problems we've had and only because of Mbye's suspension he was given a go played very well gets dropped only to make it back because Abbeys concussion again played well !
What is going to happen next week ?
If he gets dropped Hasler needs to be checked for concussion :rage:

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye can't tackle at centre proven tonight v gaigai
Christ no-one can tackle Gagai this year. The bloke has spiders on him. If Mbye can't tackle then how do you explain one of the games best tacklers, Brett Morris' effort on him last night. Just a one off? Or is it only Mbye that attracts the criticism.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Frawley would of got maybe 15 minutes max towards the end, if everyone is fit next week I guess we'll see when Des puts on Frawley bar no injuries during the game.
Will it matter? If he starts him you will just say he is bending to pressure, if he benches him you will say that he has NFI and needs to go. It's just a bullshit argument that goes around and around. Des does what Des does and he is the only one who knows what it is. I'm fine with that as long as what he does gets us winning and at the moment he has.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Will it matter? If he starts him you will just say he is bending to pressure, if he benches him you will say that he has NFI and needs to go. It's just a bullshit argument that goes around and around. Des does what Des does and he is the only one who knows what it is. I'm fine with that as long as what he does gets us winning and at the moment he has.
Frawley has us winning not des

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We get a young promising halfback in Frawley he spends 3 years in reserves not even once gets a go in first grade despite all the halves problems we've had and only because of Mbye's suspension he was given a go played very well gets dropped only to make it back because Abbeys concussion again played well !
What is going to happen next week ?
If he gets dropped Hasler needs to be checked for concussion :rage:
He's 22 years old. 3 years in reserves? He played under 20's with us. He's had 1 year in the reggies and he is a kid who seemingly hasn't been setting the world on fire there but showed enough to demonstrate he should be the next one to come up if there was an opportunity. half the people on this site said he was rubbish before he got picked and thought Cleeland was better.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We had another who would have been great with the opportunity. Dane Chisholm.
Supercoach wouldnt give him a go and now hes gone.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Frawley has us winning not des
So let me see if I have this right: Des recruits him, Des re-signs him for 2 years when he is doing not much, Des puts him in the team when he could've done a shuffle, Des puts him on the bench (with a plan - I don't know what it was but he sure as hell did) and somehow Frawley playing well has nothing to do with Des. Not even the fact he has trained all year with the FG side so he could come in when the opportunity presented had anything to do with Des. It was apparently all Frawley's idea. Too good for me mate.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So let me see if I have this right: Des recruits him, Des re-signs him for 2 years when he is doing not much, Des puts him in the team when he could've done a shuffle, Des puts him on the bench (with a plan - I don't know what it was but he sure as hell did) and somehow Frawley playing well has nothing to do with Des. Not even the fact he has trained all year with the FG side so he could come in when the opportunity presented had anything to do with Des. It was apparently all Frawley's idea. Too good for me mate.
If we stick to Dessie plan he brings Frawley on with 10 to go and we loose by 12
Yea to god for me to mate

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If we stick to Dessie plan he brings Frawley on with 10 to go and we loose by 12
Yea to god for me to mate
You have Des' plan? You must be the only one because no-one else, not even Frawley knows it.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"If he starts him you will just say he is bending to pressure" why are you putting words in my mouth? I'd be happy if he started Frawley and I wouldn't think he was bending to pressure I'd think he finally decided
to stop being so stubborn.

"I didn't really know what was going on [with the game plan tonight]. I just had to be prepared to come on in the 50th minute, 60th minute or whenever it was." - Frawley
There was no way Des would shuffle the half's earlier if there hadn't been an injury. Even when Reynolds came back from suspension he was benched until the 65th minute.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will take 2 years for Mumbai to master the fullback position. If he is to get a crack there he needs atleast 1 offseason. You can't move him there next week. I have been one of the biggest Mumbai to fullback supporters. But the guy hasn't played there for 5 years. His positional play, his fitness, his catching, his defence will need time to get back up to speed. And I doubt bulldog fans will be patient for him to develop those skills in first grade.

If he is to come back as a fullback (either this year or next year) then he has to learn his trade in nsw cup. And I doubt Hasler would ever do that as he is his 800k signing and Hasler has him as the starting half. Both would be uncharictaristic of Hasler.
Can't do any worse than Abbey and look how long he's been playing fullback.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
"If he starts him you will just say he is bending to pressure" why are you putting words in my mouth? I'd be happy if he started Frawley and I wouldn't think he was bending to pressure I'd think he finally decided
to stop being so stubborn.

"I didn't really know what was going on [with the game plan tonight]. I just had to be prepared to come on in the 50th minute, 60th minute or whenever it was." - Frawley
There was no way Des would shuffle the half's earlier if there hadn't been an injury. Even when Reynolds came back from suspension he was benched until the 65th minute.
Why wouldn't he shuffle earlier? this is a bloke who rips doors off hinges when things don't go well. You think he is just going to sit there when he has other options and just let the team get beat? He may not make an interchange in the first 10 minutes without injury but you can bet that at the 20 minute mark he would have been looking for impact. As it turned out Abbey got busted around that time and he did it anyway. The 'words in your mouth' issue was more about the sad reality that if you are in the anti-Des camp it really doesn't matter what he does this year or probably for the next 3 years you will only find a negative in everything he does. If we win the comp this year and yes I still think we can, there will be nearly as many posts on here saying we won despite Des rather than because of him. To me that is a sad place to be. By all means criticise his tactics and selections etc but there just seems to be a continuing attack on him to the extent that even when he does something that his critics have been baying for they still manage to turn it into a negative.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why wouldn't he shuffle earlier? this is a bloke who rips doors off hinges when things don't go well. You think he is just going to sit there when he has other options and just let the team get beat? He may not make an interchange in the first 10 minutes without injury but you can bet that at the 20 minute mark he would have been looking for impact. As it turned out Abbey got busted around that time and he did it anyway. The 'words in your mouth' issue was more about the sad reality that if you are in the anti-Des camp it really doesn't matter what he does this year or probably for the next 3 years you will only find a negative in everything he does. If we win the comp this year and yes I still think we can, there will be nearly as many posts on here saying we won despite Des rather than because of him. To me that is a sad place to be. By all means criticise his tactics and selections etc but there just seems to be a continuing attack on him to the extent that even when he does something that his critics have been baying for they still manage to turn it into a negative.
Him ripping doors off was at his own club Manly and that was along time ago, he barely shows any emotion now besides getting a bit cranky from time to time. "You think he is just going to sit there when he has other options and just let the team get beat?" Des doesnt change his tactics or selections unless there is a rule change or someone gets injured or suspended, this is something he did also at Manly which was successful for him as the team was able to bond better but it hasn't worked out the same with our club and we had players like T-rex plodding for 3 years who only got dumped to nsw cup once.

People are "Anti-Des" for a reason which has been discussed to death already. I'll be the first to jump on the Des bandwagon if I can see something different but I haven't yet and Frawley coming in was just because of all the injuries otherwise we'd have the same line up we had since round 1. I hope Des is successful because we're stuck with him now till 2019 and I want a premiership.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Him ripping doors off was at his own club Manly and that was along time ago, he barely shows any emotion now besides getting a bit cranky from time to time. "You think he is just going to sit there when he has other options and just let the team get beat?" Des doesnt change his tactics or selections unless there is a rule change or someone gets injured or suspended, this is something he did also at Manly which was successful for him as the team was able to bond better but it hasn't worked out the same with our club and we had players like T-rex plodding for 3 years who only got dumped to nsw cup once.

People are "Anti-Des" for a reason which has been discussed to death already. I'll be the first to jump on the Des bandwagon if I can see something different but I haven't yet and Frawley coming in was just because of all the injuries otherwise we'd have the same line up we had since round 1. I hope Des is successful because we're stuck with him now till 2019 and I want a premiership.
Thankyou for saying exactly what I couldn't be bothered typing out
Fukn spot on

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

He's been developing Frawley for a long time. It is obvious in his selection methods. Frawley have been training with the top squad for ages, he's just been renewed for another 2 years and has effectively been 18th man for most of the season. Mbye and Reynolds got first shot at the improved structures - as they should - befitting their status as established first graders and rep players. Frawley has been eased into the FG team, accelerated by Mbye's suspension, but not outside a reasonable development plan. The last thing we want to do is act like the Tigers did with Brooks and Moses and have them burn for 3 years and still not be consistent. Frawley has played 2 good games and yes it's a 100% strike rate so far but so was Brooks. The important thing is that Des has shown faith in Frawley all season and probably sees him as a long term replacement for Reynolds rather than Mbye given their contract status. To say that Des has been forced into all of this just doesn't add up. He knows what he is doing. It seems that some people are upset that they don't.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Having Cronk and Frawley would be sensational and would be the making of Frawley

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
And the only reason he had a run was because of Mbyes suspension and Abbeys injury. Otherwise no chance in hell the wanker Hasler puts him into FG.

Nothing absolutely to do with Haslers coaching. If he was a decent coach we wouldn't be in this predicament where we are starting accept mediocrity. The game against Knights was a very poor quality game between 2 low class teams.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
And the only reason he had a run was because of Mbyes suspension and Abbeys injury. Otherwise no chance in hell the wanker Hasler puts him into FG.

Nothing absolutely to do with Haslers coaching. If he was a decent coach we wouldn't be in this predicament where we are starting accept mediocrity. The game against Knights was a very poor quality game between 2 low class teams.
Clearly the only way you stand any chance of happiness in this world is if Hasler has a stroke and we replace him with someone better. Only problem is he is in the top 2 or 3 league coaches in the world and numbers 1 & 2 are fully committed. So that leaves nupties to take on the job. Matt Elliott is still keen - perhaps we can get him. He likes to train teams that attack all day. His record is rubbish but hey as long as we are scoring length of the field tries it should be good. We must be the only club in the world where a kid who couldn't get a start in his home team gets recruited, developed and built up to a stage where he can do a good job, does the things that helps us to win a game and all we can take away from it is that the coach who gave him a chance is rubbish for not doing it earlier when he has played twice in the first 6 rounds of a competition. That's more than a half empty perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.