Movie Discussion

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Chewbacca becomes a tranny and Bobba Fett comes out of the closet
Chewbacca becomes a tranny? How ya gunna tell Wookie women look like Wookie men..And as for Bobba Fett..hey haven't you heard..the Fett gets em wet..lol! Ha ha ha...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The worst thing about the Force Awakens is that it makes Daisy Ridley look like a boy.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The worst thing about the Force Awakens is that it makes Daisy Ridley look like a boy.
Are you baiting me or are you legit? IF you are I love you, and I can now say Disney is a feminist fuck fest. Both new Star Wars movies put female leads and did the obvious shit like not letting the guy help her up (she's a woman! She can help herself she don't need no man!) 2 seconds of learning the force and she fucks up a guy training to be a Jedi/sith for many years. Ok Disney ok. That's my rant hahahaha

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you baiting me or are you legit? IF you are I love you, and I can now say Disney is a feminist fuck fest. Both new Star Wars movies put female leads and did the obvious shit like not letting the guy help her up (she's a woman! She can help herself she don't need no man!) 2 seconds of learning the force and she fucks up a guy training to be a Jedi/sith for many years. Ok Disney ok. That's my rant hahahaha
Force awakens got the whole female lead thing wrong, rogue one on the other hand nailed it very well.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, but the chick in Rogue One is hot in real life and hotter in Rogue One.

Daisy Ridley is hot in real life and looks line a boy in Force Awakens.

Admittedly it could be 'cause she talks with a sexy pommy accent in real life

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Force awakens got the whole female lead thing wrong, rogue one on the other hand nailed it very well.
I agree. The only thing that burned me about rogue one was this. Remember the movie Martian with Matt Damon? And ow he was the lead actor? Most screen time? Most work? Well the female in the movie came out complaining gender pay gap coz Matt Damon got paid more than her! Bitch he got paid more coz he worked more, lead actor, and a good actor at that. Now with rogue one no feminist opened her mouth or no articles were made like with Martian complaining about the gender pay gap, why? Coz the female was the highest paid, even though the male just had as much screen time, but there was no complaints from him. Another annoying bitch in Jennifer Lawrence who plays the feminist card continuously is not only one of the highest paid female actress but also in regards to actors. She also was the highest paid in the hunger games movies lol. So I just have an issue withbullshit that is all hahaha.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Both of them are non believable and most lead females aren't. 50-55kg females knocking out 100kg males? Ok brooooooo. Bruce lee wouldn't even be able to take out big ***** we see today.

If they wanna make it believable get a Tongan female lead or a female in the movie that shows she takes steroids to get the same amount of testosterone levels as a male to have a chance, at least it's some what believable lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Both of them are non believable and most lead females aren't. 50-55kg females knocking out 100kg males? Ok brooooooo. Bruce lee wouldn't even be able to take out big ***** we see today.

If they wanna make it believable get a Tongan female lead or a female in the movie that shows she takes steroids to get the same amount of testosterone levels as a male to have a chance, at least it's some what believable lol.
It's good to see that you're fighting for equality for the butch lesbians.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Force Awakens got a whole lot wrong.. I just couldn't 'care' for her character..like I did for Luke, Leia and Solo in the first one..whether that comes down to acting or a script that progressed her power over the Force too quickly..I don't know.. Just to add..I didn't 'like' Fin or Poe..I don't know why.. Acting or how the character was written..not sure..

As for Rogue One..yep that was great..she was great..no nonsense just got on with the job..And the support cast was good too..good acting and a good script..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Force Awakens got a whole lot wrong.. I just couldn't 'care' for her character..like I did for Luke, Leia and Solo in the first one..whether that comes down to acting or a script that progressed her power over the Force too quickly..I don't know.. Just to add..I didn't 'like' Fin or Poe..I don't know why.. Acting or how the character was written..not sure..
I think it was a mixture of things. As far as the likeability of Rey, I think it comes down to the script mainly which has two massive problems:

1) They didn't develop any real back story for Rey other than being dumped on a planet by invisible parents. It felt shallow and gave her no character to work with leaving the audience with an identity crisis

2) They didn't put enough explanation with her sudden force abilities. They're obvious making her out to be more powerful than Luke, Vader and Kylo Ren put together and this is especially noticeable in the new trailer that shows Luke freaked out about how powerful she is, but they didn't really do enough to explain that. There was no moment where someone mentioned how they sense great power in her, stronger than they've ever felt before. It was just "Hey, you've got the force". It's one of many plot holes that ruined the movie. I blame this entirely on JJ Abrams. He brought in his Lost style and forced it into the Star Wars universe. More focused on creating a mystery to be solved later rather than just creating an interesting movie.

As for the other characters (Poe and Fin), they were too cartoony. Nothing felt real about them. Constant over acting and weird parts where it felt like part of the movie was missing like when Poe and Fin hugged and acted like they were best friends after one brief encounter.

Personally I think the movie was let down by:

1) Poor directing (forcing actors to overact their characters)

2) Poor writing (leaving massive plot wholes)

3) Poor editing (felt like important parts of the movie had been cut out similar to Batman Vs Superman)

As for Rogue One..yep that was great..she was great..no nonsense just got on with the job..And the support cast was good too..good acting and a good script..
Rogue One did it so much better. A self contained story with a start and finish. Even though there were many characters they managed to develop enough back story for them to make you actually feel something for them. Actually likeable characters that were a mix of light and dark, providing gritty, realistic characters with depth. Not these 2 dimensional cartoon characters.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Sexy and pommy in the same sentence? Now I have seen it all lol

EDIT: forgot about Liz Hurley lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sexy and pommy in the same sentence? Now I have seen it all lol

EDIT: forgot about Liz Hurley lol
The Pommy accents are as polarised as you get. A posh pommy accent from a certain region is as sexy as you get (Liz Hurley, Daisy Ridley). Any other pommy accent is painful to listen to and a major turnoff.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it was a mixture of things. As far as the likeability of Rey, I think it comes down to the script mainly which has two massive problems:

1) They didn't develop any real back story for Rey other than being dumped on a planet by invisible parents. It felt shallow and gave her no character to work with leaving the audience with an identity crisis

2) They didn't put enough explanation with her sudden force abilities. They're obvious making her out to be more powerful than Luke, Vader and Kylo Ren put together and this is especially noticeable in the new trailer that shows Luke freaked out about how powerful she is, but they didn't really do enough to explain that. There was no moment where someone mentioned how they sense great power in her, stronger than they've ever felt before. It was just "Hey, you've got the force". It's one of many plot holes that ruined the movie. I blame this entirely on JJ Abrams. He brought in his Lost style and forced it into the Star Wars universe. More focused on creating a mystery to be solved later rather than just creating an interesting movie.

As for the other characters (Poe and Fin), they were too cartoony. Nothing felt real about them. Constant over acting and weird parts where it felt like part of the movie was missing like when Poe and Fin hugged and acted like they were best friends after one brief encounter.

Personally I think the movie was let down by:

1) Poor directing (forcing actors to overact their characters)

2) Poor writing (leaving massive plot wholes)

3) Poor editing (felt like important parts of the movie had been cut out similar to Batman Vs Superman)

Rogue One did it so much better. A self contained story with a start and finish. Even though there were many characters they managed to develop enough back story for them to make you actually feel something for them. Actually likeable characters that were a mix of light and dark, providing gritty, realistic characters with depth. Not these 2 dimensional cartoon characters.
I totally agree with you Hacky about Force Awakens and Rogue.. I will add two other points about Awakens..firstly the similarities.(ANOTHER Death Star..ANOTHER droid with vital hidden information..etc)..I should say rip off..of A New Hope..they say safe..I say just lazy.. Secondly after the victorious events of ROTJ..the fact nothing really has changed in the Galaxy..only names.. The Rebellion is now the Resistance.. The New Order is basically the Empire..it's been 30 years and it's still basically the same..

Have you read the Thrawn trilogy by Timothy Zahn..it was the first 'official' novels of the expanded univese.. Although only set five years after the ROTJ it really focused on how the Rebels and the New Republic looked to unifying the Galaxy..it also gave us a great villain in Thrawn and gave a plausible way for remnants of the Empire to fight back..

Just a little bit of trivia Zahn actually created the name (not the planet) Coruscant..the 'capital' of the Old/New Republic and Empire..

Ps..what about R2 suddenly 'waking-up' at the end..groan!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wash your mouth out bro

Kate Beckinsale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ffs mother of dragons Emilia Clarke too
The Pommy accents are as polarised as you get. A posh pommy accent from a certain region is as sexy as you get (Liz Hurley, Daisy Ridley). Any other pommy accent is painful to listen to and a major turnoff.
I stand corrected. As my punishment, I shall do more research on these sexy pommies lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Oh I agree with you there. Imagining a nice pommy chick wearing an elegant black knee-length dress, black high heels, black thick-framed glasses with her silky-black hair... somebody throw water on me!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh I agree with you there. Imagining a nice pommy chick wearing an elegant black knee-length dress, black high heels, black thick-framed glasses with her silky-black hair... somebody throw water on me!

Ahem... excuse me. I'll be back in a minute.