Moses Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't blame Des for Mbye passing to nobody leading to a run against play try, then going missing for most of the game.

He has under performed this season, I wasn't so sure he was as good as his negotiating and press suggested last year, this year, if he has been meeting his KPI's this year, then anybody could have met them.

Can't cut him without having someone to replace him however, so for now the club just has to press him toward trying to be the player he was meant to be..... want to play like a 6? then do it..... it would be better than the nothing he is generally doing now, two 6's would be better than his disappearing act with the occasional appearance to do something negative.

If we don't have a traditional 7 (we don't obviously), don't try to be one, just try to play a good game and contribute something positive?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know anymore tbh. One thing I do know, there is no way that Mbye gets the ball those other halves you mentioned do and when they do so????
They are miles better than him, miles. That pass he threw for Burgess was pathetic, if it isnt on you just die with the ball, simple. All I know is that no matter what structure Foran Cornk or who ever are under any structure they dont sit back like he does, under the big game pressure. Ive seen Foran play a few times and the guy is fucking SCREAMING at his players. Its no surrise that the last time Trex was really good was when Foran was callinghim a **** and all the rest. Its harsh to give Mbye shit, but it is what it is he isnt good enough.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They are miles better than him, miles. That pass he threw for Burgess was pathetic, if it isnt on you just die with the ball, simple. All I know is that no matter what structure Foran Cornk or who ever are under any structure they dont sit back like he does, under the big game pressure. Ive seen Foran play a few times and the guy is fucking SCREAMING at his players. Its no surrise that the last time Trex was really good was when Foran was callinghim a **** and all the rest. Its harsh to give Mbye shit, but it is what it is he isnt good enough.
You miss the point tbh. Our players are coached are certain way and play to the structures. If a player is asked to play a certain role then they sure as shit aren't going to do something different come gameday.

Snoop Dog

New Pup
Reaction score
Agree with Ozil... Mbye is a reluctant 7 because Des can't develop or recruit a decent 7. Why? Because no-one wants to play under Des' structures. Their market value would depreciate under the crappy style Des advocates. Mbye is a great 6. Lichaa is a great guy but a rubbish 9. Slow service, crap running game and doesn't have a kicking game to relieve pressure off our halves. Time to DUMPDES!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You miss the point tbh. Our players are coached are certain way and play to the structures. If a player is asked to play a certain role then they sure as shit aren't going to do something different come gameday.
Yeah and you and others are giving them an out. They simply arent good enough. You put Bennet or Bellamy in here with these same players and they still arent winning shit.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry people I have to disagree here. Yes he kicked the ball dead and did some stupid shit but cmon you can't blame the kid. If I was to get rid of anyone it will be Holland, T. rex, licha and tolman. I'd reshuffle our back line and add a new half and most of all fuke off des.

You can't say Brett is playing bad because he is just out of form. Or Klemmer just all of a sudden stopped feeling like making nice offloads. The players are told how to play and it's killing them. If anyone read my comments with the match thread I was saying they ran out second half like they couldn't give a shit they were there. And it showed on the field. I'm over des and his coaching. We need to adjust some positions in the team and get rid of coach and bring back our dogs of war. goodbye 2016 next year will be worse if things don't change in the offseason

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
But that simply isn't true. People see the 7 on his back and expect to see typical halfback play from him without even considering our structures and the role he has been given. Our forwards don't run lines, there is no depth, no change of angles, nothing. So what is Moses going to take control over? How can a half create with that? Take away Cronks and JT's runners and they are nothing.
even in 2012 there were at least runners in motions for a short ball, haven't seen a decent one since

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
New hooker, half, fullback, coach and CEO. The club carrying on like a bunch of dickheads is a bloody disgrace.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
New hooker, half, fullback, coach and CEO. The club carrying on like a bunch of dickheads is a bloody disgrace.
Finally some one who sees it for what it is. It isnt only des, its the shit players we have too. Get rid of the lot, fucking useless.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah the strucutes are shit, but they arent that shit that they arent good enough to make finals 5 years running. SO if the structures are good enough to get you into the finals they are good enough for your fucking "shot caller" to pull finger, simple. AND he doesnt do it simple as that.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with Ozil... Mbye is a reluctant 7 because Des can't develop or recruit a decent 7. Why? Because no-one wants to play under Des' structures. Their market value would depreciate under the crappy style Des advocates. Mbye is a great 6. Lichaa is a great guy but a rubbish 9. Slow service, crap running game and doesn't have a kicking game to relieve pressure off our halves. Time to DUMPDES!
Mbye might be a more natural traditional 6 than 7, however, if he was playing 6 or nothing right now...... he'd be playing NSW cup given Reynolds has been better all year, so that isn't really a good enough excuse.

If he wants to be a 6, he should start by being our best 6 out there, its not like there is a huge difference between 6 and 7 at our club, or in the game in general for most teams these days.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Get a dummy half who can give him fast and clean ball, and he will be a different player. Our dummy half is always wrecked after making a mountain of tackles.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Finally some one who sees it for what it is. It isnt only des, its the shit players we have too. Get rid of the lot, fucking useless.
How can we be taken seriously when the person in charge of the club was involved with netball?

That's like getting someone with a background in cricket to run a gridiron side.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
people sticking up for mbye are kidding themselves
bloke has like 1 try assist in the past 3 games

I havent even seen the bloke break a single tackle in months

Yet reynolds makes shit happen and he has plodders in attack outside him

ive said it before and will say it again
ben roberts 2.0

we are wasting time with the ****

sad thing is 2017 and 2018 are write offs already

any decent talent is gone for 2017
2018 graham will be 32
same as both morris boys
tolman will be 29/30
same with reynolds

We are truly fucked we have so heavily invested in these players and they are all going to age badly in the next 2 years

We will be like the Knights at this rate

Nathan Brown SOS!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah the strucutes are shit, but they arent that shit that they arent good enough to make finals 5 years running. SO if the structures are good enough to get you into the finals they are good enough for your fucking "shot caller" to pull finger, simple. AND he doesnt do it simple as that.
You still completely miss the point. Moses is not the shot caller ffs, it is that simple. His role is not the role of a halfback. How can it possibly be when he is positioned so far wide on the edge. Simple shit mate.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
If someone could compile the stats of how many times Mybe touches the ball compared to the rest of the half backs in the competition, I think this would speak volumes and reveal he is not playing with confidence, is never in control of the game and next year he will be the highest paid NRL player if you work out payments per touch of the footy LOL it may work out at $10,000 per touch hahahahahaha - seriously though, how does Des allow this to happen week in and week out with no strategy to rectify it?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hasler is the problem, no ones allowed to play footy, no ones allowed to play what's in front of them, every good half since football began has played what's in front of them! Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.