Moore quote off Footy Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you will find TG has an attitude of 'my way or the highway'. I've heard from player managers that he is hard to deal with. I was quite sad reading about Kevin. It is a sad day when a legend of a family has to leave under such circumstances. Jim had commented to me as recently as a month ago that he thought he was 2-3 years away from being a headcoach.
i've heard the same about TG from player managers

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Thats what you need in a boss. A fear element with a no BS attitude.
The reasonthe club has turned things around!

G

Gladiator.

Thats what you need in a boss. A fear element with a no BS attitude.
The reasonthe club has turned things around!
Yeah but when your boss reprimands players for showing a bit of grunt, or showing passion, not really a good CEO is he.

We've turned around the bad boy image, and lost passion in the process.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What was the full quote? I ask this because that one sentence could easily be taken out of context.
That's all Fatty said but I doubt they would take something out of context like that.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It's pretty sad Moore came out and said that, even though I'm glad he was honest.

If you asked him what he thought about the Bulldogs one week ago through a Press Conference, he'd have told you that we're still the same club going through a rough patch.

Too much sugar-coating going on inside the club.

P

Paint.

What was the full quote? I ask this because that one sentence could easily be taken out of context.
"I definitely got sacked, it's not like the rumours.. (or something like that)... The new Bulldogs aren't like the Old Bulldogs."

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Yeah but when your boss reprimands players for showing a bit of grunt, or showing passion, not really a good CEO is he.

We've turned around the bad boy image, and lost passion in the process.
Nah dont buy that. Petro is a nice guy but an animal on the field.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you will find TG has an attitude of 'my way or the highway'. I've heard from player managers that he is hard to deal with. I was quite sad reading about Kevin. It is a sad day when a legend of a family has to leave under such circumstances. Jim had commented to me as recently as a month ago that he thought he was 2-3 years away from being a headcoach.
Wasn't Moore senior the same way? Ruled with an iron fist, crafty as a fox?

Tonez

Waterboy
Reaction score
He never said Moore is a decent coach, but, he is human and the way the club handled things, they made him out like he was an animal. Don't comment on things you have no f*cking clue about.
WTF are you on about? Care to explain how or where the club made Kevin out to be an animal? Or were you trying to be clever through your use of a human/animal analogy?

Pretty hypocritical asking people to not comment on things they have no clue about when your above comment could very well be the most clueless thing I've read on this forum.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
**** player managers
They are the ones that convince players who to sign with.

Maybe the board are sick of the Moores etc, having anything to do with the club.

They may want to be in charge of 'their' club.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing stays the same forever. The club has to evolve but that doesn't mean we need to lose the respect of other clubs.
Lets hope now the days of this soft sh1t they've been serving up are over

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing stays the same forever. The club has to evolve but that doesn't mean we need to lose the respect of other clubs.
Lets hope now the days of this soft sh1t they've been serving up are over
Exactly. Footy was very different back in the day. It was a game for the working class. Now everyone enjoys it, alot of businesses input big $$ into the game and the clubs, and they want results. Its not just the Dogs going through this, its every NRL Team..

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he had to go, and there is no nice way to sack someone, and the results we have been getting public/media scrutiny was inevitable, irregradless of board members leaking or not leaking stories. Maybe Moore is just a bit bitter at the moment over getting sacked from a job he done a ten year apprenticeship for. As for TG, I must say I'm a fan, and I don't see how he would have a drastic affect on players performances, I never heard stories about him being at training/halftime talks etc putting his 2cents in.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moore was apparently contacted by the Footy Show and says he was definitely sacked and that "the new bulldogs are not like the old bulldogs" Interesting to say the least!
Of course he was sacked. His original statement was that he was told he would not be needed next year. That's what the sack is.

CEOs are not there to make friends, but to deliver results. The same as any business. People get hurt, but businesses have to be tough to succeed. Only fans can afford to be sentimental these days.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As for TG, I must say I'm a fan, and I don't see how he would have a drastic affect on players performances, I never heard stories about him being at training/halftime talks etc putting his 2cents in.

You don't have to be seen, he could be disabling things behind the scenes.

DrBulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
We all love the moore family and we cannot forget what they have done for the club, but at the end of the day we dont owe them anything other than a thank you.
We are not winning games, it either comes down to the coaching staff or the players. considering we have pretty good players on paper and some experience in that team, i would say its coaching staff. therefore TG did the right decision and changing that around.
its a sad day however it is needed. hopefully we come out like parra did a few yrs ago and the roosters and steam home with some energy.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The coaching staff don't tell players to knock on etc.

I think there are issues that are happening that isn't being made public. (not Moore related)

the_gamee

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have been dropping hints for weeks. Lots of sh1t going on behind doors...
Greenburg is not the saviour that everybody makes him out to be.
K Moore is 100% right in his comments.
I'm the sin your mother warned you about!
Don't bother TG. Apparently we are in the minority, and therefore must be wrong.
Bro, seriously, you have been dropping hints for a little while, but your coming off like a school girl.. Tell us wtf is going on.

I for one want to know wtf your on about, but i dont, you do. Maybe you and tadpole feel special with your inside information and dont wanna tell us peasants?

Dont read the first part and think you need to reply with an insult like the rest of the people here do, i just want to know what your talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.