Mickey Paea - 2011 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ill-discipline is cureable. Running like a pansy against the line like some of our reserve graders is rarely ever curable.

He does run the line really well. As much as we need discipline, we really need BALLS this year if we're going to win. I think he deserves another chance off the bench. If he keeps at his silly errors then he'll need to be replaced.
I dunno about cureable its not like his 20, Hes been giving away penalties like that for years its not new, He could have cost us the game last night we had all the momentum then boom, Penalty, then again then again, And the penalty that made me skitz it was the one after i think ennis's kick which had them pinned down in their 5-10m line with half their team still nowhere near getting back, I was thinking ****kkkkkkkkkkkkk yeah wel keep them in the 30 for this set them boom he gives them a ride into our half, You just cant do that **** @ this level.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I'd give him 2 or 3 games before we think about hooking him. Deserves another chance.

We can't keep chopping and changing every time someone has an average game. He was quite good with the ball in his hands, so it wasn't all bad.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He didn't give away many penalties in our last 8 or so games last year. He does not need to be told that his spot can easily be replaced.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lets see what he does come sunday and remember its early days.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i'm happy for him to clean up his game for a couple more showings, at least. there's only so much we can allow someone to keep giving the opposition a free ride down the ground of course, but as berries said, he was fine at the end of last year.

take it as round 1 cobwebs for now. see how he goes over the next couple of weeks

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
im not convinced yet on paea, i think payne, hodgeson or even armit are better players all round..

compare paea and asotasi at the same point in their careers, asotasi was a star already, yet paea hasnt lived up to expectation

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He didn't give away many penalties in our last 8 or so games last year. He does not need to be told that his spot can easily be replaced.
Maybe you should afford Idris the same leniency you afford Paea.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
compare paea and asotasi at the same point in their careers, asotasi was a star already, yet paea hasnt lived up to expectation
Why does Asotasi's development have to be any sort of yardstick for Paea''s performance?

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
started badly but had a really good game overall

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
does stupid things sometimes, started th egame bad with the first error but preformed better as the game went on

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He's an absolute metre-eater, that's what I love about him. Gives the team so much grunt when they are tired.

He frustrates me big time as well with his silly offloads and ill-disciplined defensive errors. It's funny that, last year we were praying for the slightest of offloads and now we have every one of our forwards trying to flick an offload. It's a great dilemma to have.

He really doesn't need to over-do it though. If he just runs the ball up the middle of the ruck every week and learns some discipline in defence - we have the perfect interchange prop!

It shouldn't take too long at all, so long as Tadpole drills this into him.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He can make some silly errors and push passes when its not on, once he gets that out fo his game, he will be fine, hes goes hard and deserves his spot.

I dont want him to stop making offloads, just look or think before he does sometimes.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
We missed him tonight. Lacked the impact he provides when he runs.

Strikerdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mickey Paea

Hi All,

I have not been on the kennel for a while and searching for an update on Mickey's injury.
Do we know when he is due back ? Im hoping soon we need his go forward if we are going to make a run at the finals... cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.