Mick Ennis on NRL Tonight. talking about des and the dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hôt-dawg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Graham "I'm not going to sugar coat it" not even Willy Wonka couldnt sugar coat that tripe that was dished up on Saturday ffs

Last edited:
Reactions: DT

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh I don't think he cares about the club at all. He is a paid commentator now and he's just giving his opinion. He will always consider himself a shark as that's where he won a premiership and where he works.
he had more mates at the dogs plus he was the captain. I'd say this would rate higher than a trophy

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't agree did you watch it? He went on about our recruitment and you could tell he was pissed.
I'm not sure if there was more but I watched the clip posted. Will probably have another look. There's still alot of players here that he played alongside so he probably feels for them too.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
pffft... Ennis was criticsed for exact same things, no crisp passing, too slow, cant create opportunities. fmd.
Yeah but that was before he improved. You couldn't fault his performance in 2013-2014

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there was more but I watched the clip posted. Will probably have another look. There's still alot of players here that he played alongside so he probably feels for them too.
I got the impression he still cares and holds a grudge against des.

I mean why hold a grudge if your release resulted in a premiership unless you really loved the place

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I got the impression he still cares and holds a grudge against des.

I mean why hold a grudge if your release resulted in a premiership unless you really loved the place
Couldn't agree more. If he had stuck with us for 2 years he would have retired without a premiership and probably had alot of people questioning his ability. By leaving he finished on a high and showed his real skill.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
he had more mates at the dogs plus he was the captain. I'd say this would rate higher than a trophy
The trophy & ring would rate higher.

He wanted more than anything to be a Premiership player. (He thought he would win one at the Broncos, unlucky for him he got hurt early in the season in 2006 & never played in the winning GF side, he was 'gifted' a GF ring from Wayne Bennett)

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The trophy & ring would rate higher.

He wanted more than anything to be a Premiership player. (He thought he would win one at the Broncos, unlucky for him he got hurt early in the season in 2006 & he was 'gifted' a GF ring from Wayne Bennett)
No doubt he would , like all the players would.

But its obvious his heart still lies with the bulldogs , was a bulldog for 6 years, had a yearning to retire as a bulldog , was adored by his team mates.. My money's on Micks blood being blue n white

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No doubt he would , like all the players would.

But its obvious his heart still lies with the bulldogs , was a bulldog for 6 years, had a yearning to retire as a bulldog , was adored by his team mates.. My money's on Micks blood being blue n white
Not really.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
why wouldnt he win a trophy at the bulldogs? he made cronulla a premiership winning team tbh

for example if rosie odonnell won miss universe because she got a great plastic surgeon, you have to assume that he could help anyone do it

ennis was last seen getting us to the grand final after going down and crushing melbourne, with hodkinson, reynolds, perrett as his spine

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
why wouldnt he win a trophy at the bulldogs? he made cronulla a premiership winning team tbh

for example if rosie odonnell won miss universe because she got a great plastic surgeon, you have to assume that he could help anyone do it

ennis was last seen getting us to the grand final after going down and crushing melbourne, with hodkinson, reynolds, perrett as his spine
He wasn't allowed to run under des

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So what does your instinct say?
We are just another club that he played for. His first option was to stay at the club but he had no problems going to another club when a better deal was put forward. He then won a comp with his new club and is now happily working for them.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
what the fuck are you trying to say Ennis?

Showing you the door was a great decision by the great coach you keep on praising? Was that in the best interest of the club?

Mick is surely taking the piss here.
He's just trying to be professional and not sound bias but you can tell what he really thinks. At least he ripped our recruitment apart.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have spoken to Ennis many times
He is still passionate about the club but still dirty about how he finished up
He is one of the smartest blokes you will meet though forget just footballers

Too smart to be a coach to be honest he himself said he doesn't want to do it as he knows the pay is crap for the hours you do and high risk

He is spot on though
Des IS a good coach and always will be but the recruitment has let him down big time

To be honest I don't see him going to another club

He needs to have the best facilities etc and no struggling club like the tigers or dragons will do that for him

Unless the club sack him he will stay

Status
Not open for further replies.