Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I guess we will get a preview of 2018 with Reynolds out. Mbye should be ok at 6. A running half. Our problem was he isnt a 7 in any way or form.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moses is like our dce. He has the 7 but should play like a 6.

He looks good tbh.. let's be real.. his speed is a incredible asset and his passing game is fucking sick. These coming weeks have got me excited because I always wanted to see mbye/Frawley.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who knows really. Graham does love to get in the way while Reynolds does like to think he can do everything and overplay his hand..

One thing i did notice was that Moses and Frawley linked up fairly well. The speed and accurancy of the passing was a lot better and we moved the ball around the park more effectively than we peviously have. Hoppa coming in as an extra ball player also helped as we saw with Elliotts second try.
You know what it was... Frawley holding the ball with two hands, skipping, dummying, fading and interacting with the defence before giving it to Mbye. He never lets the defence slide easy which gives the outside men more time and space. Thing is when you rush him his a quick thinker, his actually a pretty good player.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can't understand the all the negativity re Mbye. He's a good player who we need in the Team. He's not a 7 and that is Des' fault. He's a 6, Centre or Fback. He goes well at 9 but his natural speed in open play would be curtailed at 9. A running Mbye is good for the team. If Foran comes he should play 7 & Mbye 6. If not Frawley at 7. Mbye was outstanding on NRL360 last night. Give the kid a break.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's a good support player. Works well against retreating defenses where he can utilise his passing, footwork etc. But if the line isn't retreating he doesn't seem to have the skillset to put them in two minds. His long kicking game could be good if he didn't just aim them into the middle two thirds of the field for their back three to diffuse easily. I've seen him display some great cheating kicks in terms of distance, but maybe he lacks the confidence to aim them where we might get the odd40/20. Short kicking is nothing special. All the things he lacks are things that can be improved with hard work. It just frustrates me that after a few seasons he hasn't shown marked improvement with these skills at all.

As far as his ability to look for weaknesses in the opposition defense I think that's the glaring thing that he lacks that differentiates between superb halfbacks and good 5/8's. Playmaking stems from that ability to sense chinks in the defense and make the quick decision on how to exploit it. I'm not sure this is a thing he can be taught. It may come with experience, but if Frawley shows that he has that vision he should be picked as our second playmaker when Foran arrives. Because his attacking kicks are already better and I think he's got more try assists already than Mbye.

We can surely find a place for both of them given their different skill sets.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only thing shining is his bank account.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So has Mbye had a break-out game at all? He has won a few MOTM awards, but I wouldn't say he has had a break-out game where he has shown he is a future Origin player like he has been touted.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
The Canberra game was a good example of Frawley playing half back and Mbye in 5/8 the team looked much better.
Based on what's been dished up I've conceded the fact we won't be anywhere near the 8.

Last edited:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Based on what's been dished up I've conceded the fact we win't be anywhere near the 8.
To early to call I think we can make the 8 but if we play like we did in the first half of the roosters game will be bottom 4

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
To early to call I think we can make the 8 but if we play like we did in the first half of the roosters game will be bottom 4
We've seen poor performances for the vast majority of the season and we're 3 months into the season so its kinda hard to see much changing at all.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Canberra game was a good example of Frawley playing half back and Mbye in 5/8 the team looked much better.
Frawley is not the answer IMO not by a long shot!! IMO

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was Mbye who missed Pierce of shit as net over for that last try, he needs a reality check as far as his defence goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.