Mbyes Time to Shine

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With Reynolds out for around 4 weeks, and Mbye having a fulltime crack at 5/8 outside of a controlling half like Frawley.. theres no more excuses for him IMO

Till now theres been excuses that hes not a genuine halfback, or that him and Reynolds dont work as a pairing.. but now hes got a shot for a full match outside of a managing type half and behind a fully fit forward pack ..

Its time for Mbye to step up and play consistently for 80mins and show us what he can do as a starting 5/8 and show his worth to this team..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He played a more controlling role than Frawley did against the Raiders though. Will be interesting to see what Des asks of the 2 as a halves pairing.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes interesting time indeed.
Now we can see the 'running 5/8' idea in action.

On the subject of halves though - assuming Foran comes.
Is he a 6 or 7?
Always thought he was a 6?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Is he a 6 or 7?
7. He plays better at first receiver...not that it matters with how our halves play.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Is he a 6 or 7?
Id say 6. His best days at Manly were outside DCE..

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbye was always in the team. This should be titled 'Licchas Time to Shine.'

Off contract and he started the year much improved. Hopefully he can continue that form.

Anyone else notice the holes up the middle against the Tigers after he came off?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Doesn't have a lot of football nause tbh needs help

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Saw the desperation in Mbye's face on the weekend, he's having a big go, who can burn me a copy of the Raiders game please?

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The holes I noticed were definitely when Tolman was temporarily off. Tolman does a lot of unsung work for us, should be appreciated more. I agree Liccea is playing better this year. No problem with his defence, but as most people on here point out, his passing game needs a lot of work.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He played a more controlling role than Frawley did against the Raiders though. Will be interesting to see what Des asks of the 2 as a halves pairing.
Yes. Noticed that. Perhaps it is a chemistry thing rather than anything else or maybe the absence of Graham was the key rather than Reynolds. Anyway I guess we will find out in a week or so.....

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw the desperation in Mbye's face on the weekend, he's having a big go, who can burn me a copy of the Raiders game please?
Mate I would rather look at a horse's arse than that photo. Please soemthing else - anything else!!!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate I would rather look at a horse's arse than that photo. Please soemthing else - anything else!!!
The ***** are fucking me over as usual, I will edit at 730

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I felt they both did... They actually shared the control, made a plan and stuck with it. From not having any direction at all did we see total control from both halves?

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The holes I noticed were definitely when Tolman was temporarily off. Tolman does a lot of unsung work for us, should be appreciated more. I agree Liccea is playing better this year. No problem with his defence, but as most people on here point out, his passing game needs a lot of work.
His got a cracker pass, we have seen it on multiple occasions. Last wk we seen a 15-20m left to right pass off the ground, one of the hardest passes in the game if not the most difficult. His a 23 yr old that can defend for 80min in the middle, his got game... Like Mbye, I think we should all be a little more patient with the kid considering he hasn't had any dominant halves to play with.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes. Noticed that. Perhaps it is a chemistry thing rather than anything else or maybe the absence of Graham was the key rather than Reynolds. Anyway I guess we will find out in a week or so.....
Who knows really. Graham does love to get in the way while Reynolds does like to think he can do everything and overplay his hand..

One thing i did notice was that Moses and Frawley linked up fairly well. The speed and accurancy of the passing was a lot better and we moved the ball around the park more effectively than we peviously have. Hoppa coming in as an extra ball player also helped as we saw with Elliotts second try.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Who knows really. Graham does love to get in the way while Reynolds does like to think he can do everything and overplay his hand..

One thing i did notice was that Moses and Frawley linked up fairly well. The speed and accurancy of the passing was a lot better and we moved the ball around the park more effectively than we peviously have. Hoppa coming in as an extra ball player also helped as we saw with Elliotts second try.
Agree. It just seemed to work. Not only that but it gave our backs a bit of space to do a bit as well and they looked good and this was against one of the gun sides in the comp.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree. It just seemed to work. Not only that but it gave our backs a bit of space to do a bit as well and they looked good and this was against one of the gun sides in the comp.
Yh the backs were running onto the ball and receiving the ball infront compared to the clunky play we have previously seen. Jmoz looked really sharp because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.