Mbye Pre NRL Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
And whats he done since he played origin. ?
Trips
Suspended
Time on the bench

He really grasp the origin experience and became a better player. Haha
So far you have said since he came through he's gone backwards well that's proven wrong And then list a bunch of blokes who have flopped since being punted. Not saying he's good, saying your points are way off. yet still he's Far better then the mob you listed

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hokko is miles ahead of him
Hodko was woeful last year. Has he gone onto anything since origin? No. So that's ok for Reynolds but not hodko? Also lafai and Keating were others you listed. Neither of them belong in first grade and Keating gone and lafai is about to be by the looks of it. Hodko and grubs are both average regardless. Just pointing out how off your points are

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Hodko was woeful last year. Has he gone onto anything since origin? No. So that's ok for Reynolds but not hodko? Also lafai and Keating were others you listed. Neither of them belong in first grade and Keating gone and lafai is about to be by the looks of it. Hodko and grubs are both average regardless. Just pointing out how off your points are
They were moved on and he still remains.
Its seems your a big fan of his mediocry

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just to fuck with y'all, im gonna go out on a limb and predict a big year for Mbye.
You hear it here first.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very true. But if he has admitted hi mistake to board and is now prepared to play normal football, like at Manly. Do we let go of our anger and accept he will be a better coach than most? Or Do we punish ourselves by punishing him? If we sign a few big names this year then I think I'm prepared to wipe the slate clean.
Hasler admitting he made a mistake?

The bloke hasnt changed his hairstyle since the 80's let alone his mentality.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So he's played juniors at fb ,we need a fb so des makes him into a 7 fuk me

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone that has played around Reynolds has been moved on

lafai, Hokko, Keating
but the passionate myth still remains
Man, I feel bad for you posting that.

I mean blind hate is one thing, but hanging your hat on 2 players who didn't exactly excel on their own, and one who was let go because he only has one usable leg to prove your point is just sad.

If you try just a little more, you could probably list a few other players who either dropped out of the league, or just did nothing since to add to that list to.......... prove your point?

Not to upset you, but you could also but that another way..... which of those three players have done anything since they left Reynolds? (that argument is garbage, but it still stands up better than yours did :P )

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Man, I feel bad for you posting that.

I mean blind hate is one thing, but hanging your hat on 2 players who didn't exactly excel on their own, and one who was let go because he only has one usable leg to prove your point is just sad.

If you try just a little more, you could probably list a few other players who either dropped out of the league, or just did nothing since to add to that list to.......... prove your point?

Not to upset you, but you could also but that another way..... which of those three players have done anything since they left Reynolds? (that argument is garbage, but it still stands up better than yours did)
Its not hatred
I have respect for anyone that plays first grade..
Canterbury has wasted enough time and energy on a player who has been in first grade since 2011. who fails to put anyone thru a hole.. Doesnt have a kicking game, shoulders are fuked when it comes to tackling...

Hed been giving a fair go

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Its not hatred
I have respect for anyone that plays first grade..
Canterbury has wasted enough time and energy on a player who has been in first grade since 2011. who fails to put anyone thru a hole.. Doesnt have a kicking game, shoulders are fuked when it comes to tackling...

Hed been giving a fair go
Doesn't change the fact you used Lafai as a example who fell off the map when he moved on, Hodko who was just terrible in his last year with us while playing on one leg (I love the guy, but really, the club just couldn't offer him anything given what he served up in his final year with us while looking for a new contract), and Keating who was...... Keating.

If we're talking about giving fair go's, Mbye has been given a HUGE fair go, he is being paid what he might be worth if he lives up to the hype which he is yet to do on the field. Doesn't seem that fair to me that Reynolds can reasonably regularly be one of our top 3 performers in games, and he is the one under pressure, not his halves partner who isn't breaking out yet but is already on broke out money.

Reynolds issues it seems to me are his own, but I'm not seeing any valid argument he has held any player back... if anything, the history shows he made some look a lot better than they actually where. I think pressure should be on Mbye, he is already signed and has secured his immediate future, he just should be out performing Reynolds week in and week out if he was worth it...... it might happen, I haven't seen it yet though.

Personally, I can't buy into the idea that Reynolds should all of a sudden become a 7 just because we now have a guy wearing 7 that is a younger, and so far lesser 6 than Him, to me, it just seems illogical to expect him to become a different player because we need him to fill the role his better paid halves partner isn't doing.

I hope Mbye has a break through year and makes a few of my posts about him look stupid later, I really do, but even if he becomes the next JT, it isn't right to be looking to Reynolds to become a totally different player while he takes his sweet time doing it (also not that fair to ask Mbye to become a 7 when he is clearly a 6......... so whoever signs off on the value of player contracts for us might be the real one to be looking to move on, I'm going to guess that isn't Des? the coach wouldn't be the final word on dollars, CEO or the board?).

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Doesn't change the fact you used Lafai as a example who fell off the map when he moved on, Hodko who was just terrible in his last year with us while playing on one leg (I love the guy, but really, the club just couldn't offer him anything given what he served up in his final year with us while looking for a new contract), and Keating who was...... Keating.

If we're talking about giving fair go's, Mbye has been given a HUGE fair go, he is being paid what he might be worth if he lives up to the hype which he is yet to do on the field. Doesn't seem that fair to me that Reynolds can reasonably regularly be one of our top 3 performers in games, and he is the one under pressure, not his halves partner who isn't breaking out yet but is already on broke out money.

Reynolds issues it seems to me are his own, but I'm not seeing any valid argument he has held any player back... if anything, the history shows he made some look a lot better than they actually where. I think pressure should be on Mbye, he is already signed and has secured his immediate future, he just should be out performing Reynolds week in and week out if he was worth it...... it might happen, I haven't seen it yet though.

Personally, I can't buy into the idea that Reynolds should all of a sudden become a 7 just because we now have a guy wearing 7 that is a younger, and so far lesser 6 than Him, to me, it just seems illogical to expect him to become a different player because we need him to fill the role his better paid halves partner isn't doing.

I hope Mbye has a break through year and makes a few of my posts about him look stupid later, I really do, but even if he becomes the next JT, it isn't right to be looking to Reynolds to become a totally different player while he takes his sweet time doing it (also not that fair to ask Mbye to become a 7 when he is clearly a 6......... so whoever signs off on the value of player contracts for us might be the real one to be looking to move on, I'm going to guess that isn't Des? the coach wouldn't be the final word on dollars, CEO or the board?).

Would u offer Reynolds a new contract?

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Would u offer Reynolds a new contract?

I don't know, thats a tough one.

I'd want to, but with Mbye already signed........ offering a new contract to Reynolds would mean you think Mbye is going to become a good 7 in my view.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dylan Rintoul ? he looked a solid prospect from the few times i saw him play. Anyone know where he ended up ?
After 20's played some footy in Auburn RMC.Saw him in the streets of Belmore prior to the 2014 GF. Spoke to him that day and he mentioned something about St Merge. Don't know what happened to him after that.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I could have sworn that Moses used to kick in the lower grades but according to the NYC database in U20 2011-13 he played 49 games, scored 29 tries for a total of 116 points and attempted 1 goal which he missed.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah but Cronk is a rare breed, his work ethic and dedication is second to none. A self made man riding on no ones reputation except his own.
Very true.

And Bellamy has played his part also. Bellamy gives every player in every poaition a clear understanding of whats required from them. There is no way he would tolerate the rubbish weve seen from our halves and TRex amongst others over the past 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.