Mbye Pre NRL Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
If last week didn't convince people that Mbye cannot play centre in first grade, I am not sure what will. He defended one inside the BMoz when Dutchy came off and JMoz switched sides. Was absolutely murdered in defence by Ferguson, two breaks leading directly to tries off a kick in the next play as we were still rushing to get on side.

Mbye must play hooker or fullback. At least if he defends in the middle, the big boys can help him out usually.

Reactions: DT

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember him centre and captain v warriors in semi and he completely chucked his toys to the ref lol

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye only really played Centre and hooker, even when he played in the younger QLD teams he was centre or Hooker & he has stated a few times that he had never kicked goals until he made his first grade debut

Des is the one who decided he should be in the halves and also get a top line halves salary to go with it and that he should also go out and miss goals

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mbye only really played Centre and hooker, even when he played in the younger QLD teams he was centre or Hooker & he has stated a few times that he had never kicked goals until he made his first grade debut

Des is the one who decided he should be in the halves and also get a top line halves salary to go with it and that he should also go out and miss goals
His goal kicking reminds me of my golf drives from the tee. Usually wayward with 1 out of ten down the middle but I have fk all idea how I hit it well

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Frawley hasn't been named in the ISP side for this week, any chance he could be a late inclusion to the first grade side?

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moses never stood out in the junior grades at all. Templeman, looked a much better prospect in the 20's. I was actually surprised how well Mybe played when he first came into first grade. Seems that those early performances in first grade may of been an apperition .

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be fair cooper cronk didnt play 7 before joining storm. He was originally a hooker and Bellamy decided to switch him to 7. Difference is his switch has worked yet we persist with things that dont work.
Pretty sure he made his FG debut as a hooker too.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We had the chance to develop mbye better but we shifted him from one position to another (I fear the same thing with abbey who finished the year playing 5/8).

With kids coming through their development is vital but when we shift them around and play them out of position it isn't beneficial for them.

Fact of the matter mbye isn't a half back. Neither is Reynolds. Both of them had their best games when hodkinson was still here. Mbye may still be a decent 5/8, centre or fullback. But will never make it as a halfback unless he has a superstar next to him to control the game (think Thurston, Cronk, Norman, Maloney, Pearce). He has the speed to play centre but his defence would still be suspect. And his price tag would make him one of the most expensive centres in the comp.

I don't know how long it will take him to adjust at fullback again. Even barba took 3-4 years to get to his best. Not sure we have the coach to develop him like Moore and folkes developed barba.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
To be fair cooper cronk didnt play 7 before joining storm. He was originally a hooker and Bellamy decided to switch him to 7. Difference is his switch has worked yet we persist with things that dont work.
yeah but Cronk is a rare breed, his work ethic and dedication is second to none. A self made man riding on no ones reputation except his own.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mbye made his under 20s debut as hooker against manly at brookvale. The Sg ball season has finished and they Brough him up for a few games of experience. He scored two tries from dummy half that day. I remember the next time I saw him in Holden cup he was playing 6 with a robust red head centre outside him that could run like the wind and solid in d.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mbye made his under 20s debut as hooker against manly at brookvale. The Sg ball season has finished and they Brough him up for a few games of experience. He scored two tries from dummy half that day. I remember the next time I saw him in Holden cup he was playing 6 with a robust red head centre outside him that could run like the wind and solid in d.
Dylan Rintoul ? he looked a solid prospect from the few times i saw him play. Anyone know where he ended up ?

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He never played halfback..even at the dogs he played in pretty much every key attacking position other than halfback. He never kicked goals either.

Des thought he was smarter than everyone else and took the club in a totally different direction than where the game was headed. He thought he didn't need a halfback and could win a comp with his Des ball rubbish. Now he has realised that he needs a halfback and is trying to make one out of no where instead of actually developing one throughout the grades or recruiting one.

Moses should never been given the 7 jersey and should of been developed as a genuine 6 or 9. He played fb before he came to the club but id much rather him those 2 positions.
Very true. But if he has admitted hi mistake to board and is now prepared to play normal football, like at Manly. Do we let go of our anger and accept he will be a better coach than most? Or Do we punish ourselves by punishing him? If we sign a few big names this year then I think I'm prepared to wipe the slate clean.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Very true. But if he has admitted hi mistake to board and is now prepared to play normal football, like at Manly. Do we let go of our anger and accept he will be a better coach than most? Or Do we punish ourselves by punishing him? If we sign a few big names this year then I think I'm prepared to wipe the slate clean.
No. He was brought here to win a comp and he hasn't delivered..infact we are worse off then when he first arrived. He might be a good coach but he just isn't a Bulldogs coach imo.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same with Ben Hunt, Started first grade as bench hooker for a season or maybe two

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moses never stood out in the junior grades at all. Templeman, looked a much better prospect in the 20's. I was actually surprised how well Mybe played when he first came into first grade. Seems that those early performances in first grade may of been an apperition .
I thought exactly the same thing when he came into the top grade...he always struck me as a guy who was too good for 2nd grade but not good enough for firsts, and here we are

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
U are kidding
Been in first grade since 2011
Been going backwards ever since
Yeh he made the origin squad then hey? Must of been just after Lafai killed it at drags and Keating didn't become a fat park footy player

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Yeh he made the origin squad then hey? Must of been just after Lafai killed it at drags and Keating didn't become a fat park footy player
And whats he done since he played origin. ?
Trips
Suspended
Time on the bench

He really grasp the origin experience and became a better player. Haha

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Think we all agree mbye is a myth and not first grade standard. We fucked up. Simple. Scared of jt 2.0 so now we got a worse version of Ben roberts with no where near the attacking, organising or defensive game on stupid money. Not the first club that's done it. Won't be the last. Sucks to be us

Status
Not open for further replies.