Not open for further replies.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
6. Mbye
7. Foran
9. Brown
17. Cleeland

Mbye can concentrate on his running game.

Brown can switch with Mbye as a plan B.

Cleeland on the bench.
Try this in the trials, swapping them at HT.

If Mbye doesn't have to think, he might make a decent 5/8. And if not, back to DH

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'll be very surprised if he doesn't change things up next season. You don't spend on a player like Foran to let him be dictated by Graham or tolman. If he does persist, then 100% des will be fired.
Well he was meant to change things up this season..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Either Lewis or Cleeland should be given a chance this year if Mbye is considered long term hooker but don't forget brown is also coming...All three styles would be good around Foran.
I don't rate Brown since his injury. Would be okay with him as a utility.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Man he's over doing the dummy isn't he? Anyway he is shite. Next.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that new signings are still coming and it wouldn't surprise me if one of them wasn't a half to go with foran. It may well be that Mbye stays at DH and that would seem to be OK given the way he played the other day. He seemed to adjust pretty quick.It would seem that Hoppa is staying out the back at least for a while and again I watched Abbey on the weekend and he just doesn't do it for me. just doesn't seem to have the aggression to hit the line strongly. Even that beanpole Carr when he came on ran with more energy than Abbey and he scored a try. We have plenty of forwards coming through the system and while we could do with a quick o/s back we do have enough to get by on.
I doubt that we have any money left for more signings unless we offload our top players.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Frawley is in our top 17 attackers, but isnt near the top 17 in defence yet. Shame its not NFL, where you have seperate attack and defensive teams. Swap him out when we need to tackle.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Frawley is in our top 17 attackers, but isnt near the top 17 in defence yet. Shame its not NFL, where you have seperate attack and defensive teams. Swap him out when we need to tackle.
Defence is half the game.
60% tonight.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Matt Frawley makes Daniel Holdsworth look like Brent Sherwin.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is the best option in the 7 at the moment.
Whether we like it or not that is the way it is.

Mbye is a disaster, Reynolds has only got six more games here and no matter how good Lachlan Lewis and Josh Cleeland might be Hasler won't let them out of ISP.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reminds me of Blake Green, he is just playing for a shit team. Would be just average else where but its enough

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not going to happen because Hasler will keep picking the same team but Reynolds and Frawley shouldn't be playing first grade.

Promote Cleeland or Lewis, put Mbye back at five eighth or fullback and play Woolford and let's see what they can do.

Because the guys that have been playing for season after season have proven they're not NRL quality. So who cares if these kids are ready or not?

At the end of a lost season is the perfect time to blood youngsters. But not for Hasler.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt that we have any money left for more signings unless we offload our top players.
Mate, unfortunately no-one other than a couple of people at the Dogs and the NRL have any idea whether we have money in the bank or not as far as cap is concerned. If you read the reports on here every player in the NRL is a multi-millionaire which clearly isn't the case. I've watched Mbyes reported salary go from about $400 to over $800 on here according to the experts. Let's face it if you are a manager you want the world to think your client is getting paid overs so you can attract more clients. If you are a club you want the world to think they are playing for the love of the club and always pay unders. Still it gives people something to talk about other than our performance I guess...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mybe 6
Foran 7
Brown 9
Woodford 17
Brown has looked good this season at Cronulla wherever he's played. Last week in the wet against the Titans he stood out as one of their best playing hooker.

Malla

Reaction score
He looks bad but he is playing next to a rubbish half. I think he will be good next to Foran.

Similar to Blake Green and even Ben Roberts.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Is not even a reserve grader. Many of us have been saying this for months.

As average a half as Mbye is, he's a much better player and prospect than Frawley who has zero potential regardless of who is coaching the club.

Anyone thinking he and Foran could be a halves combination that could lead us to glory is kidding themselves.

Oh, and Hasler stooped to new lows today. Having Lichaa on the bench was just genius.
Well what can we say. Frawley isn't the best but he's a better halfback than Mbye!

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cleeland? Lewis? Anyone else? Frawley has had plenty of chances and isn't up to it. Plus he's a turnstile.
I went to the forum. My prescripted question about Cleeland, Woolford etc was read out ie. why don't these guys get a crack. Einsteins respone....they're not ready. I wish i had the microphone so I could have asked why we bought them if they're not ready. He's an fwit and im over it at present.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I went to the forum. My prescripted question about Cleeland, Woolford etc was read out ie. why don't these guys get a crack. Einsteins respone....they're not ready. I wish i had the microphone so I could have asked why we bought them if they're not ready. He's an fwit and im over it at present.
I remember the question and the answer... Realistically those blokes (and they are only kids) still aren't ready but at the end of the day we have nothing left to play for but next year now so giving them a taste wouldn't hurt. The little I've seen of Cleeland makes me think he could go OK. Not so sure about Lewis and Woolford though. They still don't seem up to it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.