Matt Frawley

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They are both deadset average except Mbye is on like 600k more per season which worries me

Reactions: DT

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would persist with Frawley for rest of season and hopefully he comes good. That play where he got smashed (overlap decided to have a think tank first) pissed me off

I don't see the point carrying Lichaa

Mbye has the 9 sewn up, his defence really surprised me some big shots and his fitness

Welcome to season 2017 Moses good to see ya

Reactions: DT

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think Frawley can play any position other than Halfback, but he's also struggling there. He was dominant in his first few games before he suffered the heavy coaching. Now he's struggling. Seems to me that he's had the talent coached out of him.

This makes me question if the coaching is the only reason Mbye has been struggling.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frawley is the only one who can spiral bomb, he was worrying them yesterday (but not enough to get the error).

That triple pump before he got smashed looked like he didn't know what to do.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign Shannon Crook...this kid is 10 times better than Frawley and running around unsigned

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sign Shannon Crook...this kid is 10 times better than Frawley and running around unsigned
Isn't he running around in the Illawarra comp now?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Frawley is the only one who can spiral bomb, he was worrying them yesterday (but not enough to get the error).

That triple pump before he got smashed looked like he didn't know what to do.
It was like he was thinking quick ball to J Moz or long ball to Holland or show and go and what am I having for dinner tonight and what's 20 times 30 divided by 4 takeaway 11 oh maybe I'll have takeaways and.....THUMP!

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frawley would improve if shit for brains Hasler actually brought in an ex-hb to guide Frawley and train him full on, I think Frawley has potential and you cannot be a part time 5'8/hb and expect to be at the top of your game, Frawley needs to be at 5'8 every game not start on the bench one game and the next game get a full game at 5'8 but this team is coached by a total fuckwit so making the right decision wont ever happen, oh yeah and SACK HASLER!!!!

Last edited:

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
after watching him in trials and the first few games he played, the kid went out and played like a proper half back does. As in run to the line, play whats in front of him etc etc

but the Hasler effect came in and now is playing like a robot, playing to Haslers game plans and set plays. Its as if the players are so scared to stray away from what they have been told.

when he lost that ball late in 2nd half, not once did he look at opposition, from the moment he caught it, all he had on his mind was to pass. its been so ingrained into him and the team.

he is an avge first grader at best, but still believe he could offer so much if given a real chance.

look at a REAL coach in Bellamy and how he has brought in Jacks & Croft this year. Those 2 have more talent then Hokko Reynolds Mbye lichaa hoppa and all of our team combined..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Frawley would improve if shit for brains Hasler actually brought in an ex-hb to guide Frawley and train him full on, I think Frawley has potential and you cannot be a part time 5'8/hb and expect to be at the top of your game, Frawley needs to be at 5'8 every game not start on the bench one game and the next game get a full game at 5'8 but this team is coached by a total fuckwit so making the right decision wont ever happen, oh yeah and SACK HASLER!!!!
I think this is one of the big problems. We have to remember that Des has spent the last few months trying to convince Frawley that he's not a halfback. After that he gets thrown in halfback under Des' instructions, a place where he hasn't trained with the team, then he fails to save our struggling side.

I don't put that down to Frawley, I put it down to the coach.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't think Frawley can play any position other than Halfback, but he's also struggling there. He was dominant in his first few games before he suffered the heavy coaching. Now he's struggling. Seems to me that he's had the talent coached out of him.

This makes me question if the coaching is the only reason Mbye has been struggling.
It's the systems in place, i don't know why people even need to question it anymore. They might not be superstars but i have no doubt a lot of our players would do a lot better with better systems in place.

People can complain about our spine as much as they want, but they simply don't have the options inside or outside them that they should have. Haslers whole gameplan is just catch pass side to side footy.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is the best option in the 7 at the moment.
That best sums it up, he is the best tried #7 we have available at the present time. We have won more games than lost with a Frawley/Reynolds/Mbye halves and hooker combo. Would have thought stat man would be onto it... maybe he is.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would persist with Frawley for rest of season and hopefully he comes good. That play where he got smashed (overlap decided to have a think tank first) pissed me off

I don't see the point carrying Lichaa

I think the reason he is still on the bench is because of Haslers coaching style which is more personal than other coaches. He create trust with the players, they become loyal to him, he becomes loyal to them, and they repay with good performances. Only problem is he chose the wrong players at the dogs...

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We'll make the 8 next year but get bundled out in the first week. This allows Ray Dub to look like a genius and Hasler will be able to coach for another year.

Ultimately we lack the talent in the back line to do any damage.

I was impressed with our attacking shape against the Knights. We just couldn't break through. There were plenty of half breaks generated but we don't have that killer instinct quality to finish a backline movement apart from Marcelo Montoya who is playing out of his skin. Holland scored a good try I thought but a better winger may have scored 2 or 3 tries yesterday with the half-breaks made.

We lack a quality fullback there is no doubt it. I can live with Floppa at the back but apart from a subtle passing game, regular tackle breaks returning the ball and the usual plodding, he really doesn't offer much more than that. On paper he has probably been our best and most consistent back but would struggle to make grade in the backline of any of the top 4 clubs.

Giving our side an honest assessment from 1 to 17, our most talented player is Moses Mbye. Our most consistent player is Josh Jackson. Our most impressive rookie is Marcelo Montoya. The rest of the side has been guilty of inconsistency and general play plodding.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You can't be serious. He was never dominant, he forced a few dropouts in his first game and everyone thought we should pass on foran and cronk for him. He was never setting the world on fire when he was in nsw cup, can't blame des for that

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You can't be serious. He was never dominant, he forced a few dropouts in his first game and everyone thought we should pass on foran and cronk for him. He was never setting the world on fire when he was in nsw cup, can't blame des for that
Nah. His first few games he completely controlled the game when he came on. The dropouts were great but they weren't his key feature. Each time he ran up to first receiver, called for the ball and set up great plays. Apart from the hooker, he touched the ball more than anyone else on the field. He even made Reynolds look like a superstar.

Next thing you know he's pushed into 5/8 and forced to stay out of it while Mbye directed the play and once again we turned to rubbish.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think we need to keep him. Like alot have said i think its what he's being directed to do. He has the goods and can only get better.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's no superstar, but how many careers has Hasler killed with his stupid game plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.