Matt Burton consolidated thread

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody said he was a superstar? He’s barely played 10 games and this is his first or second starting in his preferred position
Nobody said he was a superstar?? Haha the fuck you on about? The commentators and everybody else blow their load over him every weekend

Last edited:

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He'll come good. Regardless of what he's shown so far tonight, his runs are still very good and he's very strong and athletic.

I think his bombs are too big... he'll work it out. He needs to dial them back, and concentrate more on rotation on them.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
It's a good test to see how he looks in a more Bulldogs like side lol, he almost scored himself and has been kicking well. But his passing game has been off, probably too much time in the centres.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st half down in the penrith game and without thier key players, the hyped up Matty Burton isn’t living up to it IMO.
I’m not tryna knock the kid but if we think he’s going to be our saviour I have my doubts.
The depleted Penrith team he is surrounded by tonight have much more talent than our dogs, and the kid can’t seem to create anything, direct or command. No doubt it’s a shit game with shit calls and stupid mistakes all over the show, but with all of the opportunities penrith have had on their line tonight I would hope burton would be able to break West Tigers poor defence.He’s looking like Flanno and Avo have this year, simple plays, nothing on the line and kicks on set ends.
Hopefully the kid proves me wrong and comes flying out the second half, but if he can’t create anything on the pitch with this penrith side, I’m concerned that he’ll be another passenger player in 2022, and maybe we should seriously be considering SJ as an experienced half to teach our young guys and take a general role in our side moving foward.
Youve hit the nail right in the middle of the head.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t think he’s struggling tbh, he’s looked pretty dangerous in attack and kicking pretty well again.
Had a shit pass yeah, but had some shit support also.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st half down in the penrith game and without thier key players, the hyped up Matty Burton isn’t living up to it IMO.
I’m not tryna knock the kid but if we think he’s going to be our saviour I have my doubts.
The depleted Penrith team he is surrounded by tonight have much more talent than our dogs, and the kid can’t seem to create anything, direct or command. No doubt it’s a shit game with shit calls and stupid mistakes all over the show, but with all of the opportunities penrith have had on their line tonight I would hope burton would be able to break West Tigers poor defence.He’s looking like Flanno and Avo have this year, simple plays, nothing on the line and kicks on set ends.
Hopefully the kid proves me wrong and comes flying out the second half, but if he can’t create anything on the pitch with this penrith side, I’m concerned that he’ll be another passenger player in 2022, and maybe we should seriously be considering SJ as an experienced half to teach our young guys and take a general role in our side moving foward.
1 half of football and Burtons “shit” lads , hes playing in the halves with Tyrone May, okay mate

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The systems Panthers have trained for all season involve a lot of the players missing... Can't expect him to slot straight in with them out along with not playing in the halves all season and expect him to be killing it

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Youve hit the nail right in the middle of the head.
But he has'nt played 5/8 for what....18 months. At least he has made less mistakes than any of our dogs.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He’s kicked well. Unlucky bounce on the repeat set at start. Running game is dangerous.

If anything his passes have been trying to hard. Some great long ones and some a bit like he’s trying to hard.

I am also not delusional. Bloke has played all of 40 mins in the halves this year. He’s what 10-15 games in majority bench/centre. He has all the ability to be a star half for us. I’m more impressed with young burton than I was young Cleary…

Defence strong too.

If anything it screams to me we need Brandon asap. How fucking shit is Kenny…