News Matt burton comments on future

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just my hunch it wasn’t all Barrett but clever work from all involved at the club
Fingers crossed, if that’s the case he may stay and be part of the build, in my opinion with jac there, kikau and reed coming next yr he will see that there is a heap of light sooner than later.
Gus will be very good with him also

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is Matt Burton worth? Id pay him $750k-$800k. But what would we have to pay to keep him. 750k from us is not the same as 750k from the Roosters... We're not real desirable at the moment

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is Matt Burton worth? Id pay him $750k-$800k. But what would we have to pay to keep him. 750k from us is not the same as 750k from the Roosters... We're not real desirable at the moment
We are talking about a bloke who has won 2 from 11 as a starting five eighth for us. Very good talent but if he leaves what’s the worst that can happen??

I guess maybe a five eighth that wins us 0 from 11. Either way we are still last.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He Seems to be getting better every week , hopefully there is stability in the coaching ranks soon rather than later.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You have to laugh at how easily triggered people are. He basically said no comment, I don't want to talk about my contract.. Which is what every player says.

Get used to it because there will be 200 more articles just like this before the end of the season.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I already said this kid has no reason to make a decision until round 10 next year after he has played in next years team.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Any **** that doesn't want to be here, hit the fuckin bricks and fuck off
HANDS DOWN THE MOST STUPIDEST COMMENT IVE SEEN IM GUESSING YOUR NOT AN EMPLOYER AND NEVER WILL BE.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ironically Foran would have been the perfect foil for him but master coach Barrett is a total fraud.
Mate I said 2 years ago we fucked up but nope all Flamingo lovers had there animal planet glasses on.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He might very well sign elsewhere before he gets to play under a new coach. With a quality dummy half and edge backrower.

I just hope he doesn’t sign elsewhere without giving Gus the last chance.

If his heart isn’t with us. Then let him go. We only want players who want to be here.

That being said the dogs should be working on his heart big time over the coming months.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thank fuck I'm not the only one who's thinking it. Is the standard to pay any half in the NRL 800k nowdays?
You can't say anything bad about him on here despite us being worse than last season and him doing no better than the blokes before him. We need to be paying blokes what they're actually worth to us, heaps of people (me included) laughed at the Cowboys when they paid 750k for Townsend but it turns out they were exactly right. We shouldn't even be considering an upgrade right now, I wouldn't even consider it until next season until he plays under a new coach, new system and with players like Mahoney and Kikau. I don't care if it costs us more long-term to retain him because we can afford it. What we can't afford is to get a decision like this wrong again and pay massive overs for potential that he might not even reach.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ironically Foran would have been the perfect foil for him but master coach Barrett is a total fraud.
Sorry mate disagree.

Foz is a five eighth who plays his best footy on the left side. He is not an organiser . Not even close

Never played halfback except for a few games for us.

Perfect foil for Burton is an organising halfback, a hooker who gives a decent pass and backrowers of NRL standard.

Foran broke down EVERY year he played with us. And we actually did offer him a deal. But only for 1 year. He rejected it and wanted more