Manu on Schoupp

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would never be happy with an 8 point lead in the final minute with one of the Suttons reffing. They would find a way to give our opponents an 8 point try to send it to golden point.
True that

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With the amount of (black and white) rulings that get called on obstruction. When the player that is impeded, was never going to stop the try is one thing.

This makes the rule a joke when looking at this particular incident. Burton was the player impeded and it was Burton who actually made the final tackle. So it definitely impacted the result.

Luckily he actually did enough to put him into touch. Because it wasn’t getting called back.

Even if he was impeded a fraction of a second. It would have been the difference between saving or not saving the TRY.

I blame the media and their inconsistency with how they report incidents like this in the game. They complain on both sides of the argument. The NRL cannot win.

If it’s a Black & White rule. Then rule that way every time.

The media need to know the rule and don’t have an option such as ( they were never getting there ) if they set a clear rule. That is the rule and it is always ruled that way.
100% agree, the video never should've got to the foot... it should've been ruled no try at the obstruction. We won the game but if I was Gus, I'd be officially complaining to the NRL

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outside shoulder is black and white. This was an inside shoulder. It still should have been an obstruction. I was screaming obstruction way before they pulled it up.

I believe the reason they halted on it was because they saw the foot in touch and knew it was the match decider so they went with the black and white option.
100% agree, they're watching multiple monitors at once and I reckon just as he's about to go on to say that 'In our opinion Matt Burton has been denied a clear chance of...' they've then seen that there is a clear cut reason to deny the try so he stopped mid sentence. Playing the least controversial card possible.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I heard a rumour schouppe was sledging suali calling him a poor mans falou lol