Maitua Suspended Indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We release one dick head only to go out and sign up another.......guess its a requirement for every club to have at least one in your roster, otherwise papers wont make money...

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it will blow over and des will keep him ,i still don't understand why we signed him with so many good forwards

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Guilty or not of striking a cab driver isn't what worries me, I'm more concerned about him out partying till the early hours. Isn't he in pre season training? Renni, nothing good happens after midnight. Go have a beer or two but go home. A pissed footballer out late is a target and is bound for trouble. Last chance and 12 month alcohol ban. Take it or leave it.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it will blow over and des will keep him ,i still don't understand why we signed him with so many good forwards
Back in High School the ex-missus and her mates had massive hard ons for Reni and SBW when they were killing it for the Dogs, Maybe this will bring back more members of the female variety?? lol

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well well no surprises here ... a leopard doesn't change its spots does it. When we signed him I said it was disappointing we lowered our brand image by bringing him back. Now once again he is front page news for all the wrong reasons. A senior player out until 5am, drunk, abusive and charged with assault... already sacked by the club for multiple examples of similar offenses AND suspended by the NRL for 2 years for taking illegal drugs. What a recruitment poster boy for our brand image!! Its an absolute bloody disgrace.

... and to top it off all he has to say is "I am sorry" .... which is the only thing he ever says every time he is caught.

Well sorry doesn't cut it Renai. Please take off our club colors and don't disgrace them ever again.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
@josh_massoud: @NRL_Bulldogs youngster Tyrone Phillips likely to be charged with affray for his alleged involvement in a car park brawl at Beverley Hills

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Regardless if both Reni and Tyrone are charged or not, my hopes of a non-disrupted pre-season seemed to have gone out the window in the space of 2 days:(

Hope the club sorts this out ASAP, I guess on a positive its not something that occurred 2 weeks before the season....as opposed to last year.

With Maitua's court case not scheduled until January 7th, it seems like something that may drag on for a while. I assume the club is waiting until the court case.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the team needs a utility player who can cover lock,back row,5/8 and centre. He hates parra ffs.
Can somebody please explain to why Inu isn't considered as our Utility??

That way we free up a centre position for Lafai and Inu can become our X factor off the bench.. Sounds good to me.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That way we free up a centre position for Lafai and Inu can become our X factor off the bench.. Sounds good to me.
Because he can only really excel in one position and that a winger. As a centre he always out of position he also played a bit of fullback. If he can't stand in straight line how going to be at fullback keeping in position

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His not a winger either... I cant imagine how many teams will grubber in behind him.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Because he can only really excel in one position and that a winger. As a centre he always out of position he also played a bit of fullback. If he can't stand in straight line how going to be at fullback keeping in position
Have to agree that Inu is a winger and not much else. I've seen him have some great games on the left wing and IMO that's where he should be.

Playing him as right centre this year proved a disaster. Inu was dreadful and took Sam Perrett down the same road.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I know people who know both Reni, Phillips and Walker.
Reni did not strike the cabbie and was in an argument and pushed the cabbie back with one arm out of his space. Reni is a bra boy. Cops don't like bra boys. Put 2 and 2 together and you get an assault charge. It is very disappointing though considering the article earLier this year saying how grateful he was for the 2nd chance.

Phillips claims he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Whether this true or not I can't say as its just wht I've been told 3rd hand

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
8 pages & I have seen no reference whatsoever to "Always A Derek"

Kennel is slipping tbh.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Regardless if both Reni and Tyrone are charged or not, my hopes of a non-disrupted pre-season seemed to have gone out the window in the space of 2 days:(

Hope the club sorts this out ASAP, I guess on a positive its not something that occurred 2 weeks before the season....as opposed to last year.

With Maitua's court case not scheduled until January 7th, it seems like something that may drag on for a while. I assume the club is waiting until the court case.
I think this is totally different. Maitua pushing a cabbie isn't going to polarise the playing group like Barba did. We'll be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.