Maitua Suspended Indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I think this is totally different. Maitua pushing a cabbie isn't going to polarise the playing group like Barba did. We'll be fine
Well the law is going soft if we are having court cases for pushing somebody's hand, and a king hit in Kings Cross is a 4 year sentence.

In the mean time I am taking Reni's word for it, but won't comment further until after the court case. Police had said there was alcohol involved, so it may be the case that he may not recall all the events. That's why the CTV camera is there for.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Well the law is going soft if we are having court cases for pushing somebody's hand, and a king hit in Kings Cross is a 4 year sentence.

In the mean time I am taking Reni's word for it, but won't comment further until after the court case. Police had said there was alcohol involved, so it may be the case that he may not recall all the events. That's why the CTV camera is there for.
The cops will do anything to charge a bra boy even with a flimsy case. They don't care if it gets thrown out because they still have to pay or a legal defence. I don't think he's even started training yet so in terms of team disruption it will be no different to having him return with the rest of the rlwc players

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Just hope we are not going backwards here ... We don't want to go back the bad old days .

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
In NSW courts the best bullshitter will win, Maitua needs to tell the court he was insulted/provoked and plead not guilty if he didn't smack him.

N

Natboy

The cops will do anything to charge a bra boy even with a flimsy case. They don't care if it gets thrown out because they still have to pay or a legal defence. I don't think he's even started training yet so in terms of team disruption it will be no different to having him return with the rest of the rlwc players
There will always be 2-5 channels a charge will go through before it is presented in court including supervisors, brief handling managers, prosecutors and sometimes even legal services/DPP and if a case is thrown out the Police can be liable for costs and they are massive tighta*ses so don't let your dislike for police cloud the truth mate

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
twitter rumours that Reni has been sacked and will be announced in the coming days

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has been how many weeks now between the end of the season and the start of pre season training to go out and have a good time? Yet here is reni out partying till 4 or 5am monday morning, you expect this from a 20 year old kid not a guy in his 30's who is playing on a one year contract. It's nothing short of stupid, one would think he would have grown up by now.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Getting sacked would be like getting king hit. Bit heavy handed

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reni has been in England for the World Cup. He probably had a night out with his mates back home. Nothing wrong with him doing that.

N

Natboy

Reni has been in England for the World Cup. He probably had a night out with his mates back home. Nothing wrong with him doing that.
Agreed although the world cup was a bit party in itself and being out in kings cross until 5am just before pre-season training isn't the best look for a grown man wanting to make a good impression on his new (old) club

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Can everybody get of their fcuking high horse, preferably in the Christopher Reeves position. It was a shove FFS, against a taxi drivers, the absolute scum of the roads, enough said.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Can everybody get of their fcuking high horse, preferably in the Christopher Reeves position. It was a shove FFS, against a taxi drivers, the absolute scum of the roads, enough said.
I agree mate,gives you the shits eh

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whatever happens to Maitua re the cabbie incident is out of our hands and personally, I think his indefinite suspension by the Bulldogs is just toeing the line to avoid a media propaganda and satisfy the NRL

But on another note, I know we can't keep them all but letting Paul Carter go and signing Maitua who would have to be close to retirement age doesn't make our recruitment and retention crew look real good.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Whatever happens to Maitua re the cabbie incident is out of our hands and personally, I think his indefinite suspension by the Bulldogs is just toeing the line to avoid a media propaganda and satisfy the NRL

But on another note, I know we can't keep them all but letting Paul Carter go and signing Maitua who would have to be close to retirement age doesn't make our recruitment and retention crew look real good.
he would be on FA and can cover 4 or 5 positions, loves the Dogs and is still a skilful runner and ballplayer..It's not ideal to let go of promising players but we have a job to do on the field this year as well.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Now he is injured?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He got injured during the world cup might of been more serious then what I heard.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Agreed although the world cup was a bit party in itself and being out in kings cross until 5am just before pre-season training isn't the best look for a grown man wanting to make a good impression on his new (old) club
It wasn't actually. Maitua spent weeks trying to get his injury good. This meant no partying and lots of icing in his free time and staying off it as much as he could.

After he was ruled out the Samoans weren't partying at all. Just focused on their campaign.

And he wasn't out "just before pre-season" when he knew he couldn't train for a few weeks due to needing surgery. HTH, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.