Mahoney In Presser

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“I have been there before and it is a hard road and we are willing to take that road. That’s the road we are on.

“For the players and the fans if you don’t want to be on that road then hop off the bus because we are going in the right direction.”

The right direction….

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It was a dumb thing to say, but honestly when you watch the whole thing through in context you can see the real intent. Stripping of his contract would be a massive overreaction. I thought CC was reasonable, whether he believes what he says or not, what he had to say was pretty on the money much of the time.

In terms of the "effort" comment, it is a turn around from his presser a few games ago. This indicates that he is trying a different approach. It is plain to everyone that the effort was not good enough, but it isn't that simple, and CC was standing up for the players by saying "it wasn't ALL about effort", and "there wasn't a total lack of effort out there". He needs to win back the dressing room, that is what those comments were about.
He is not taking any personal accountability. Even saying he wont change the players bc that wont help.

That is just crazy talk. He is out of his depth. This club will not improve with a coach who wont make changes and stop selection the duds and low effort players.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is not taking any personal accountability. Even saying he wont change the players bc that wont help.

That is just crazy talk. He is out of his depth. This club will not improve with a coach who wont make changes and stop selection the duds and low effort players.
It might be semantics, but he was asked why he doesn't make any changes, and he correctly stated that he has. And he clearly has. Problem is the more he changes the players, the worse they play.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Cause he knows it’s just not about effort. Some things you can’t teach.
He isnt teaching them anything either by the same token. This is a washed up, burnt out, lacklustre bunch of losers coached by a guy who cant get them to perform on any level.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It might be semantics, but he was asked why he doesn't make any changes, and he correctly stated that he has. And he clearly has. Problem is the more he changes the players, the worse they play.
He needs to change the obvious mistake riddled players who will never improve. It has sucked the life out of the others ....among other problems....but thats an obvious one.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“I have been there before and it is a hard road and we are willing to take that road. That’s the road we are on.

“For the players and the fans if you don’t want to be on that road then hop off the bus because we are going in the right direction.”

The right direction….
Does anyone else just find this totally insulting?

You’ve just had your ass handed to you 66 zip by the fucken knights of all teams, and they wanna ram it down the fans throat that they’re definitely heading in the right direction and to get off the bus if you’re not with them.

Throw in Mahoneys comment about the fans not having the right to boo the shit show and my god does that leave a sour taste in the mouth that I’ve never felt before

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No respect in this thread. He is just emotional and plays with his heart. Mods delete this thread. Disgraceful from you lot.

TroopSalute

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Watching the game today was hard enough so I don't blame anyone who made the decision to not waste any more of their Sunday

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good luck with us fans turning up to the next game after that comment

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well according to my Dad she was drier than a nun so my guess is you picked up some of Dads leftovers....
There’s no way your old man stuck around after she shat you out so I know full well that’s a lie

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fans have the right to boo, they also have the right to follow whoever they like too . . . There are plenty of teams to support, if you don't want to stick with this 1