Lichaa Has Another Jab at Des

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People don't have to worship Hasler to be critical of a player that hasn't developed. The anti Des brigade seem desperate for someone to argue with now. I don't see the point in getting the shits with other fans for having an opposing view. It just makes me think that some people here are sad, small minded people if the only way they can debate a point is by implying that someone is a Hasler fan. I respect people who can debate a point with common sense as a platform, but that is no longer the case from the bulk of the anti Des brigade.
There may be some good points about Hasler coaching, however where he has failed miserably is in assisting players develop their skills. No can deny that our halves have had the worst kicking game in the last 5 years, could he not tell Mbye and Reynolds to practice their kicking game or get some one like Sherwin to help them, our poor kicking game has cost us plenty of games probably even a premiership.
I can never ignore the difference between Ennis under Des and Ennis under Flanagan, that will tell you everything anyone want's to know about Des the coach.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There may be some good points about Hasler coaching, however where he has failed miserably is in assisting players develop their skills. No can deny that our halves have had the worst kicking game in the last 5 years, could he not tell Mbye and Reynolds to practice their kicking game or get some one like Sherwin to help them, our poor kicking game has cost us plenty of games probably even a premiership.
I can never ignore the difference between Ennis under Des and Ennis under Flanagan, that will tell you everything anyone want's to know about Des the coach.
Better still....
Minor premiers in 3 grades 2012
to Stragglers in all grades 2017
and when it came to players,
He swapped our Gold with someone else's Copper

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon he has spoken out because he won't be playing this week ie Reynolds back

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, Tim Browne, Lloyd Perrett, Shaun Lane, Mitch Brown have all taken large chunks haven't they?
Not really, Browne showed potential and Lichaa might excel under another coach, Ennis came to life didn't he?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really, Browne showed potential and Lichaa might excel under another coach, Ennis came to life didn't he?
The only potential Browne has is for giving away a penalty with his first tackle every game and dropping the ball on his first run. Most useless frontrower in the game. ennis didn't do much else different from when he was with us. It's just that he had players around him who could capitalise on it.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I completely blame Des just like i blame him for everything else, he has ruined the club and potentially some players careers. The systems Des has implemented simply don't aid the development of our players or play to their strengths.

Lichaa wasn't ever a hooker that would deliver flawless passing off the ground, he was a bloke that would get out from dh and either run or challenge the defence and use his short passing to put forwards into gaps. But for whatever reason Des decided to recruit a certain type of player and then try to turn him into a totally different type of player. What sort of idiot coach doesn't play a young player to his strengths?

Yes there are areas in Lichaa's game where he should have been better, but there were also areas that he was better that we just didn't get to see.

Hasler has created a toxic environment at the club and will go down as the most hated coach in our clubs history. None of our players are performing at a level that they should be. None of them have showed the development that was expected of them and again all this is on Hasler. The club and the players can't be successful with the mess he has created.

I hope we continue to see more of these articles that expose this **** of a coach for the failure he is. And i hope the players that he has negatively impacted can go on and become the best players possible whether it be for the Dogs or another club.
I completely agree. Des has built a game plan around his philosophy and not the talent around him. Lichaa is a ball runner but des tried to turn him into Matt Ballin. Tolman is a tackler. He is always around the ball and plugging holes in defence but Des tried to turn him into a 4th tackle impact player which he clearly isn't. His gameplan just doesn't involve the players strengths. A coach with his reputation just should have known better.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lichaa mate it's time to go. You've had one good game in how long then decide to take a dig at the coach, get outta here. If Lichaa was playing well and doing exactly what Des wanted he'd be getting a new contract.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lichaa mate it's time to go. You've had one good game in how long then decide to take a dig at the coach, get outta here. If Lichaa was playing well and doing exactly what Des wanted he'd be getting a new contract.
Well rumour has it Des did want to offer Lichaa a contract...

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People don't have to worship Hasler to be critical of a player that hasn't developed. The anti Des brigade seem desperate for someone to argue with now. I don't see the point in getting the shits with other fans for having an opposing view. It just makes me think that some people here are sad, small minded people if the only way they can debate a point is by implying that someone is a Hasler fan. I respect people who can debate a point with common sense as a platform, but that is no longer the case from the bulk of the anti Des brigade.
Is there still pro Hasler people around ?

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I completely agree. Des has built a game plan around his philosophy and not the talent around him. Lichaa is a ball runner but des tried to turn him into Matt Ballin. Tolman is a tackler. He is always around the ball and plugging holes in defence but Des tried to turn him into a 4th tackle impact player which he clearly isn't. His gameplan just doesn't involve the players strengths. A coach with his reputation just should have known better.
I agree with everything you said except for tolman on the 4th has revolutionised the way the game is played

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
& Curtis Rona, Dale Finucane, Damien Cook, Ennis winning a premiership haven't??

Fuck off.

Oatley Dog said:
ennis didn't do much else different from when he was with us. It's just that he had players around him who could capitalise on it.

well i guess i shouldn't have bothered replying to the first post, you're clearly delusional, sorry mate.
So how did Rona go against us? Almost like he didn't play. Cook can't get over Farah for a consistent starting position - so obviously Madge is an idiot as well. Finucane left 3 years ago - how many origins has he played now? Ennis won a premiership - big deal so did Gerard Beale. How about Barba? He play much better for the Broncos than he did with us in 2012? Here's a news flash for you. If you make FG you can play footy and sometimes you find yourself in a team that suits your playing style and sometimes you don't. When you move the players around you make a much bigger difference than anything else. Some of the best players in the game have never won a premiership and some of the most ordinary have.

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Add to the large list of Des fails, never seen a coach killer like Des before... Even Hayne as a coach killer is not as bad lol

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Joey has always hted the Bulldogs... I swear it's from the game in 02 where El Masri pulled off that El magic and sunk the knights in a sideline conversion. As for Gould I think he still loves us he usually backs us when no one would and is one of the ones who still talks about our passion. Someone like that would be good to come in and do what Penrith hve done
Joey hates the Bulldogs because they weren't born with two heads like he was!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surprised des hasnt dropped him this week

Status
Not open for further replies.