Lewis Progression ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this kid any chance of playing first grade or is he still way off?

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have no clue? I think I have only watched him play in minutes because when I did see him play it was by sheer accident after turning the Foxtel on. Never have noticed anyone on the Kennel singing his praises TBH

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He looks promising and actually performed better than Cleeland in the semi loss

Needs bulk up

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he would need another year of reggies. There is a huge difference between his good games and his bad games. He’s definitely got potential but needs work especially in defence he puts his body on the line but can get found out.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can’t see him ever being a consistent first grade half, he could do a job as a backup player though, needs to put on size plus play good consistent footy.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is he still with us next year?

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Surely he will come good very soon
Still looks young and will learn more from foran and pay

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is still only 21 so year he'll have become more consistent.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon the fullback (Bergamin) could go ok at 5/8

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keighran from the 20 looks a better prospect tbh. Lewis kicking game was fairly horrid and frankly I didn't, see many strings to his now.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Good player, reads the defensive line well, but success with his own defensive lapses.

Keighran goes well too.

Bergamin will be nsw cup #1 in 2018.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watched this kid closely every time I get a chance and to me his a future HB and leader of this club if we can hold onto him. His basically a smart version of Josh Reynolds with an Anasta style kicking game.

Still needs 1-2 years...

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched this kid closely every time I get a chance and to me his a future HB and leader of this club if we can hold onto him. His basically a smart version of Josh Reynolds with an Anasta style kicking game.

Still needs 1-2 years...
Good to hear another point of view. I've only seen highlights but NSW Cup team had a reasonable 2nd half of last season with him in the side. Different level, but still only 21. Hopefully he or Keighran can step up because Frawley won't cut it. Maybe Cleeland but he's getting on a bit. Can Keighran defend cause the others sound like they can't from whats posted here?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I have watched him quite a few times, will never play FG unless Foran Cleeland Brown Mbye Frawley all get injured at once.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Really sad how we haven't produced one top shelf half from our ranks since the early 2000s.

And no Josh Reynolds is not a top shelf half.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He seems good and promising when he came over mid way he made our team better as a whole. But he is a bit to skinny but Daley cherryEvans was the same for manly to he was over looked by Trent hodkinson and when bulldogs got him everyone bagged manly saying cherry Evans is small and blah blah and he won them a title in his debut season so you never know with dean pay as coach he could bring him in and shock us all he is a Lewis after all

1.mbye
6.foran
7.cleeland/Lewis
9.lichaa

Damn looks promising already and young and experienced

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good to hear another point of view. I've only seen highlights but NSW Cup team had a reasonable 2nd half of last season with him in the side. Different level, but still only 21. Hopefully he or Keighran can step up because Frawley won't cut it. Maybe Cleeland but he's getting on a bit. Can Keighran defend cause the others sound like they can't from whats posted here?
Keighran showed some potential and then went downhill... He can score you points but he can also stall any attack like Frawley. With a solid mentor he might break through to NRL but that was before he was shifted from the halves to the centre's so we'll make judgement next yr I guess.

Look out for Wakeman and Tramontana if anything... Livewires, attitude to burn and plenty of footy about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.