Legal Firemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol at the thread title! I've never heard of an illegal fireman, but than again....

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha. That thread title is awesome.

I'm trained in fire arms but never really cared for the hunting. Would do it if I was cooking a banquet and needed a good boar but otherwise I just don't feel the need to hunt.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spear guns are good, straight in farken head.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I love how it's now specified that it's legal ... just to avoid any issues.

Twas not I that changed it !

Anywhoo .. I'm not a shooter per se, in that I don't have a SSAA license, but have shot a few times when I've holidayed at Hamilton Island, or at shooting ranges when they have open days.

Outside of that, it's playing FPS on PC :lol:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I ride elephants with a shotty and kill some rhinos in farcry 4 when im bored...

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You can buy something that looks similar as long as its not auto or semi auto.. :P

Mr I, I used to go to the range and get trigger happy before I got my license, you can become a SSAA member without a license. As long as a person with a license takes the guns there, they don't ask questions.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'd be happy for a fake gold AK just to put in my man cave lol

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Why dont we just get everyone on the kennel to constantly call them for ya !! ;)

the_yuk

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Are there any other shooters on here? I know shooting/hunting is huge in Victoria, but growing up in Sydney, I rarely heard of people going away on hunting trips or having guns for that matter. But then again, I was younger and so where most of my friends, so it would explain it.
I'd love some insight into how good some of the bigger calibres are and what I should be looking at next..
Depends what your hunting or what sort of shooting you want to do. What calibres/rifles do you already have?

I've got a old BSA 22lr, 17hmr heavy barrelled Savage, a Tikka t3 .223 with 1:8 twist and a Howa .308. The 17 gets the most use out of the four of them by a long shot. I most punch paper but the 17hmr will take pretty much anything within 100mtrs with a head shot. I personally find the .308 to big for most things i do with a rifle.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well that's just great, were are the Kennel going to buy it guns from now

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Depends what your hunting or what sort of shooting you want to do. What calibres/rifles do you already have?

I've got a old BSA 22lr, 17hmr heavy barrelled Savage, a Tikka t3 .223 with 1:8 twist and a Howa .308. The 17 gets the most use out of the four of them by a long shot. I most punch paper but the 17hmr will take pretty much anything within 100mtrs with a head shot. I personally find the .308 to big for most things i do with a rifle.
17Mach2 Remington, 7mm Pump, lanber 12gauge under and over, the Remington 223 Pump (when it hopefully gets here).
We mainly go for deer, but up in NSW we go for goats, that's where the 223 comes in handy.
I'm tossing up between Remington 308 police rifle and a 204.
So far the 204 has the fastest traveling bullet at 4400ft p/sec, it really caught my eye. It takes down roos at 200meters like they're nothing! Its damn near impossible to miss a shot with the 204.
Ideally I'd like both, but the 223 and its scope have cost me a fair bit and the wife isn't too pleased so I have to opt for one for the time being.

the_yuk

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
.204 is technically illegal for shooting roos, minimum is a .223 with 55 grain bullets, not that it stops me using the 17hmr.

Ive always been keen on a .204 Ruger, its on my short list, along with one of the new Adler lever action shotguns. Ill just have to wait and see at tax time, or I might move the .308 on.

As for Remington I'm not a fan, heard a lot of horror stories about the 700s due to Remington quality control going to crap, and the importer is apparently pretty slow and dodgy in fixing any problems, could just be here say though. I would love to get my hands on one of the m40 replicas island accuracy makes, those are nice looking rifle.

Sounds to me like your set on the .204 by the sounds of things, as long as the minister of finance approves!

Status
Not open for further replies.