Legal Firemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with Cleaver firearms up in Qld?

If so, is it common for these redneck morons to lose guns in their own store after customers have paid in full?

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ah Mr I, I have read all of these, unfortunately I read them after I had paid for the gun.

I should of had my gun between 5-10days after paying, that was over a month ago. Turns out they sold me a gun they didn't have.... I waited till they got it in stock to find out they've now lost it.

Every single review on the net about these guys is true. What a f*cking joke its become.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah Mr I, I have read all of these, unfortunately I read them after I had paid for the gun.

I should of had my gun between 5-10days after paying, that was over a month ago. Turns out they sold me a gun they didn't have.... I waited till they got it in stock to find out they've now lost it.

Every single review on the net about these guys is true. What a f*cking joke its become.
Well you can always tell them once you get your gun your going to shoot them

* JUST JOKES BY THE WAY PLEASE DONT REALLY SHOOT THEM

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Get your money back or a better gun.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Problem is trying to get my money back, these guys have a reputation for screwing people around as it seems. There's some reviews out there from people who tried to get their money back and were made to wait over a month and were also slogged a "restocking fee" for the same guns that the shop either didn't have, lost or had sold to another customer..

(Just to clarify, since this business likes to take legal action against forums that state unpleasant facts about them, the claims I have made are not rumours but actual facts and experiences of myself and other customers.)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm guessing you're after that .22 that's on special. The company doesn't seem to be copping any flak (punpunpun) on Ozbargain but it's hard to tell.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Na, I've ordered the 7615 Pump in 223 with a pistol grip and collapsible stock.
Starting to regret not paying the extra $500 to get the same thing locally.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If worse comes to worse you can always report them to the Fair Trade Ombudsman.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm giving them till tomorrow to find it. If he hasn't located it and it doesn't get sent out tomorrow, I'm going to request a refund.

Otherwise I'm going to the cops cause the guns serial number is number under my gun license. If they can't account for its whereabouts than we're going to have problems if its in someone else's hands.

Then I'll be calling the good old people at fair trade. This has gone way too far.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Call ASIO and tell them they "can't find your gun"

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If worse comes to worse you can always report them to the Fair Trade Ombudsman.
If you leave in NSW, ring the guns registry and give a call to SSAA as well, I am sure they can help you

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Cheers guys, I live in Melb, I'm a member of the SSAA here, so I may just contact them too. When it comes to gun regulation, they're really tight with laws and rules about handling firearms. If they've actually lost it, they are officially screwed. There's no room for mistakes when it comes to guns.

Assassin, I don't need to call ASIO, they'll know the story already since they're probably watching me and have already tapped my phone... Atleast it saves me time explaining

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In the IT field (and I'm not insinuating this is their case), but many dodgy companies do the old "we lost your abc", when they have serious cashflow issues. How they work it (in IT) is you'd place an order. They'd have other orders come in and use YOUR money to buy and pay off that order, get that order in, ship it out, and pay their supplier. You'd call up "where's my f'n order", and they'd say "oh its delayed a week". In that week they'd wait for someone else to place and order and use their money to buy and ship your goods.

Rinse and repeat.

They have stuff all overdraft/overhead as they are never really using their own money, whilst profiting small amounts from pricing things at rock bottom prices.

It's a shit way to do things and I'm glad when arseclowns like that go under, as its not the way to run a business.

=============

Back on the topic at hand though, if they genuinely have misplaced a weapon, gees I would not want to be them once the authorities are informed, and it would bring into question how many others they have lost in the past.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
In the IT field (and I'm not insinuating this is their case), but many dodgy companies do the old "we lost your abc", when they have serious cashflow issues. How they work it (in IT) is you'd place an order. They'd have other orders come in and use YOUR money to buy and pay off that order, get that order in, ship it out, and pay their supplier. You'd call up "where's my f'n order", and they'd say "oh its delayed a week". In that week they'd wait for someone else to place and order and use their money to buy and ship your goods.

Rinse and repeat.

They have stuff all overdraft/overhead as they are never really using their own money, whilst profiting small amounts from pricing things at rock bottom prices.

It's a shit way to do things and I'm glad when arseclowns like that go under, as its not the way to run a business.

=============

Back on the topic at hand though, if they genuinely have misplaced a weapon, gees I would not want to be them once the authorities are informed, and it would bring into question how many others they have lost in the past.
that explain it, I order a drawer for my 4WD, about 4 weeks ago, first they told me the courier lost it and now they are out of stock and I have to wait another 2 weeks...mother f.......ers

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny you say that... I purchased the gun with a custom stock on it. After payment they informed me that an adapter for the stock was in transit from the states and it would take a few weeks.... 3 weeks later they called me and told me the adapter arrive, BUT the gun I purchased in black wasn't and that I'd have to wait for another shipment, so I opted for a different color they supposedly had in stock, and after another 8 days of waiting they've informed me that the guns missing............. What a coincidence you bring that up Mr I

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I've never personally been there but from that video link they have a massive amount of guns "in stock".

Then again obviously there are very different ways firearms need to be handled, delivered and imported into Australia.

It's not like they can just get Remington to chuck it on Fedex, and have Australia Post or Couriers Please deliver it on an Express Courier.

Still, if there are going to be delays (customs, etc), you should be well advised.

the_yuk

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've only ever bought a few scopes from Cleavers, there prices are to good to resist sometimes. I was lucky with my vortex no issue at all, with my Bushnell it took a few heated e-mails to get it sent eventually, but it was near x-mas.

Had a similar issue with a Cz 527 I wanted to buy from Horsley park, paid a deposit assured it was in stock only to get a call saying it would be at least 6 months until one was in the country, cancelled that order nice and fast. I've had nothing but good experiences from Safari Firearms and my local though.

Anyway...my guess would be they have either sold the rifle to someone else, or one of the parts needed for the build and are stalling you for time. Either way its slack and I would be contacting anyone I could about it. Maybe even your bank, or credit card company depending how you paid.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I ordered the VX3 Illuminated Ballistic Reticle last week and was told Leupold have an overnight delivery. I was shocked, the supplier only had one left in stock and he ordered it on the spot for me, it actually arrived to the shop the next day!
If only all manufacturers put in that much effort, everyone would be happier.

Unfortunately I paid online and it was taken out immediately, so there's no way of canceling the payment now. Just have to bite the bullet, pun intended, and wait to see how far they drag this out. I highly doubt they would have sold the gun to someone else as the serial number is registered to my licence now. Though I have heard of shops selling guns that are on laybuy to other customers and only informing the original customer when they've come in to make their final payment

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Are there any other shooters on here? I know shooting/hunting is huge in Victoria, but growing up in Sydney, I rarely heard of people going away on hunting trips or having guns for that matter. But then again, I was younger and so where most of my friends, so it would explain it.
I'd love some insight into how good some of the bigger calibres are and what I should be looking at next..

Status
Not open for further replies.