Last great halves pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Problem is that all those clubs that are interested want the Dogs to pay 50-70% of the money owing to them.
The other problem is...."You want me to go? No problem, just pay me my $1000,000 that you owe me because you didn't pay it to me when you were supposed to!!" That's $1000,000 out of next years cap and no player....
If we are even close to $1000,000 over the cap as reported, you would need to get rid of 2 or 3 players if others are even willing to pay 50%.

Graham owed $1000,000 - we pay half = $500k saving
Tolman - owed say $500k per season (still signed for 3 more) = $250K saving but we have to pay $250K over the next 3 as well.
Eastwood - same scenario as Tolman.

So, we get rid of these 3 and we JUST get under the cap to be compliant.
We are paying a million out of our cap for them to play elsewhere....geniuses!!

Now, where do we get another $1000,000 for Cronk?

We are FUCKED for a while mate.....
Not really. Graham and Eastwood have 1 year left and I doubt we have to pay anything for someone to take Graham. Tolman is only a reasonable contract and I doubt we have to pay anything to him either.

Eastwood for sure we would have too. Not worth half his pay.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sherwin-Anasta was good but when Anasta was injured and our halves were Sherwin-Thurston I believe we played better.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Shifty was the last great half we had play regularly for us.

Jonathan Thurston was always the better player than Anasta but the club let go the greatest half and maybe player to ever play...

Since both players left we've had two years of Noddy and absolutely nothing else. It's been pathetic that it's been a decade or more and the issue hasn't been solved.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something funny @Como Dog considering they were the last 2 halves to get us to a GF and also the last halves combination that won SOO for NSW? They weren't our greatest ever halves combo but far from LOL worthy!
Well the post said said last great halves pairing. I think it's fair to say they weren't great. Not knocking their achievements of the grand final or SOO but that doesn't make them a great pairing. They are both pretty average first graders.

Would you consider Kris Keating a great half because he was our halfback when we made the 2012 grand final and we finished much higher on the table?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Well the post said said last great halves pairing. I think it's fair to say they weren't great. Not knocking their achievements of the grand final or SOO but that doesn't make them a great pairing. They are both pretty average first graders.

Would you consider Kris Keating a great half because he was our halfback when we made the 2012 grand final and we finished much higher on the table?
No, because everyone knows 2012 was Ben Barba. He cleaned up at the Dally Ms.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It won't matter who the halves are until the forwards start creating space. And that means getting the defenders rolling backwards. AND that starts with the defence. For heavens sake get the dogs defence back to moving up and in and tackling properly with force. This going backwards in defence and not tackling is frustrating the hell out off me. Watching the opposition running around with the ball having all the time in the world and the dogs players standing and just looking at them is plain dumb. Move up and hit hard.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It won't matter who the halves are until the forwards start creating space. And that means getting the defenders rolling backwards. AND that starts with the defence. For heavens sake get the dogs defence back to moving up and in and tackling properly with force. This going backwards in defence and not tackling is frustrating the hell out off me. Watching the opposition running around with the ball having all the time in the world and the dogs players standing and just looking at them is plain dumb. Move up and hit hard.
I'm with you on that. We have no line speed in D, instead just holding our line and waiting for them. Works OK with simple tackles but when they come with numbers we have no capacity to stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.