Last great halves pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How far back to we have to go to find our last really good halves pairing? Our last top 4 appearance was with reynolds and keating but they hardly played traditional halves roles that year. Kimmorley and roberts combined well in 2009 but didn't really kick on after that. Do we have to go all the way back to sherwin and anasta over 10 years ago?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Which is why we should be releasing tolman Graham Eastwood along with Lichaa Reynolds kas going and signing Cronk

I have complete faith Cronk and Foran will give us a genuine shot at a title for a couple seasons. It will also leave us 2018 to shop and replace Morris bros and plan for cronks retirement.

A pack of Klemmer Jacko woods Danny f rfm Tualau Elliott To'omaga etc should be good to have a genuine crack!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How far back to we have to go to find our last really good halves pairing? Our last top 4 appearance was with reynolds and keating but they hardly played traditional halves roles that year. Kimmorley and roberts combined well in 2009 but didn't really kick on after that. Do we have to go all the way back to sherwin and anasta over 10 years ago?
Yes
Shifty and Anasta was out last decent halves combo

They could each be relied upon to get the job done when it counted

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which is why we should be releasing tolman Graham Eastwood along with Lichaa Reynolds kas going and signing Cronk

I have complete faith Cronk and Foran will give us a genuine shot at a title for a couple seasons. It will also leave us 2018 to shop and replace Morris bros and plan for cronks retirement.

A pack of Klemmer Jacko woods Danny f rfm Tualau Elliott To'omaga etc should be good to have a genuine crack!
Very true. The simple fact that both of them play so direct and go right to the defensive line would create a heap of points no matter who was outside them. Whats proctor done this year without cronk putting him in holes? Foran somehow managed to make trex effective by taking him to the line with him

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes
Shifty and Anasta was out last decent halves combo

They could each be relied upon to get the job done when it counted
12 years ago. Meanwhile the roosters have had pearce/anasta, pearce/carney, pearce/maloney, pearce/keary

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the dogs never seem to have quality halfs or hookers they just get in people that can make there tackles and hope to win games scoring 3 tries at best

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Very true. The simple fact that both of them play so direct and go right to the defensive line would create a heap of points no matter who was outside them. Whats proctor done this year without cronk putting him in holes? Foran somehow managed to make trex effective by taking him to the line with him
Exactly. Completely realistic too.

If we are 400-500k over once cap is set. Tolman your free to go. Knights/titans/warriors at the minimum would take him.

Cap compliant.

Get a figure out of Cronk that he will sign for. 1-1.1-1.2.

Graham you are free to go. Warriors, knights have already made it clear they are keen.

Eastwood you can rot in nsw cup or fuck off and get another deal and will cover some money. Even if we have to pay half ffs for that year the 300-400k (if he's 600-800k with Graham will pay Cronk.

2018 we are free of eastwoods other half, Morris bros are off too. We have at least 1.7-1.8 to go buy two quality backs!

We also have a couple years to play with Cronk and Foran and plan life after Cronk on big bucks and room to replace when he goes while having Foran and a decent pack with Klemmer Jacko woods Danny f rfm Elliott taulau To'omaga locked in and some quality backs to replace Morris bros.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Heka Nanai and Tim winitana would have formed an excellent scrumbase combination, also Brett Oliver and hutch maiava

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Weve had some real doosies selected in our halves the last 15 years or so

Off the top of my head: Trindall, Hughes, Roberts, Holdsworth, Joe Williams, Tony Williams, Chase Stanley

If the clubs serious about becoming a genuine contender they need to get serious about having a strong halves pairing

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. Completely realistic too.

If we are 400-500k over once cap is set. Tolman your free to go. Knights/titans/warriors at the minimum would take him.

Cap compliant.

Get a figure out of Cronk that he will sign for. 1-1.1-1.2.

Graham you are free to go. Warriors, knights have already made it clear they are keen.

Eastwood you can rot in nsw cup or fuck off and get another deal and will cover some money. Even if we have to pay half ffs for that year the 300-400k (if he's 600-800k with Graham will pay Cronk.

2018 we are free of eastwoods other half, Morris bros are off too. We have at least 1.7-1.8 to go buy two quality backs!

We also have a couple years to play with Cronk and Foran and plan life after Cronk on big bucks and room to replace when he goes while having Foran and a decent pack with Klemmer Jacko woods Danny f rfm Elliott taulau To'omaga locked in and some quality backs to replace Morris bros.
Problem is that all those clubs that are interested want the Dogs to pay 50-70% of the money owing to them.
The other problem is...."You want me to go? No problem, just pay me my $1000,000 that you owe me because you didn't pay it to me when you were supposed to!!" That's $1000,000 out of next years cap and no player....
If we are even close to $1000,000 over the cap as reported, you would need to get rid of 2 or 3 players if others are even willing to pay 50%.

Graham owed $1000,000 - we pay half = $500k saving
Tolman - owed say $500k per season (still signed for 3 more) = $250K saving but we have to pay $250K over the next 3 as well.
Eastwood - same scenario as Tolman.

So, we get rid of these 3 and we JUST get under the cap to be compliant.
We are paying a million out of our cap for them to play elsewhere....geniuses!!

Now, where do we get another $1000,000 for Cronk?

We are FUCKED for a while mate.....

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Must go back to Sherwin/Anasta. They are the last halves pairing to claim us a premiership.

Last edited:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I seriously get a bit of movement between my legs when I think about Shift Sherwin. Wasn't the strongest dude, wasn't the fastest dude, wasn't the most athletic dude but jesus he had a footballers brain and damn he used it well.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hard to argue with Sherwin/Anasta, they complimented each other extremely well.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Reynolds/Hodkinson.
Something funny @Como Dog considering they were the last 2 halves to get us to a GF and also the last halves combination that won SOO for NSW? They weren't our greatest ever halves combo but far from LOL worthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.