Opinion Josh Reynolds or Kyle Flanagan

JOSH OR KYLE FOR 7

• Total voters

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m all for giving someone a chance, he’s had 2 years worth and that’s more than most would get.

They want to persist with him then they are setting us up for failure. It’s not one game or a trial, it’s been 2 years of shit.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's not how footy works. Coaches don't make wholesale changes right before the season after training with different combos all preseason just because of one bad half in a trial game. I'd actually be concerned if Ciraldo chopped and changed in key positions that much already. It's what Baz was notorious for and we all criticised him for it but now we want the same thing and a different spine combo every week?

Brown shouldn't be played in the halves. He's effective as a bench hooker or middle but he's nowhere near as good in the halves. We should know that from his last stint a few years ago. He'll be an effective bench player for us and he should stay in that role.
There is no way Ciraldo won’t be pulling his hair out watching his last tackle options. He offers nothing.

He has to go!!! I am sick of it, that trial game gave me shades of Pay/Barrett where we never looked like scoring. We could of had 50 repeat sets and the dud wouldn’t manufacture a try

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are multiple solutions available, if Ciraldo really wants to move Flanagan he can do it we have enough players capable of doing a job there for 1 season.

I’d play a second rower like Topine there just to see Flanagan gone.
It gets to a point where we are better off playing without a 7. He offers nothing in attack so there is no loss. Play an extra lock and let burto play both sides. Flanno is a waste of a jersey.

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no chance there will be major changes from the last trial team, especially in the spine. They've trained all preseason with those combinations, they're not going to throw it all out after one trial loss no matter how much people want them to.
That’s the conventional thinking no doubt, maybe JR’s form and improving fitness added to KF’s obvious lack of any running game will have CC and his offsiders pondering it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is no way Ciraldo won’t be pulling his hair out watching his last tackle options. He offers nothing.

He has to go!!! I am sick of it, that trial game gave me shades of Pay/Barrett where we never looked like scoring. We could of had 50 repeat sets and the dud wouldn’t manufacture a try
I agree Flanagan is very limited and it kills me watching him get in the way and kill plays with his nothing options.. But he's the starting halfback for now whether we like it or not and will be given a few weeks at least before CC gets serious about making changes.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s the conventional thinking no doubt, maybe JR’s form and improving fitness added to KF’s obvious lack of any running game will have CC and his offsiders pondering it.
Yeah like I said, after a few rounds if we're struggling as a team and Flanagan, Perham etc aren't performing, then it's a conversation worth having. Until then, we just have to see how they go.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It gets to a point where we are better off playing without a 7. He offers nothing in attack so there is no loss. Play an extra lock and let burto play both sides. Flanno is a waste of a jersey.
Get She-Rex back and put him at halfback again. Haha

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JR could be a real presence off the bench, but can't hang for 80 minutes a week at NRL pace, fam. Didn't you see how much he was blowing at halftime of the Canberra game? Also, you must have missed my beautiful cross kick for JAC which almost resulted in a try against Nulla and my spectacular try assist against Canberra. The 'gun gonna bring it this year, baby!
Appreciate your thoughts Flanagun but JR’s fitness will continue to improve subject to relatively injury free

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
100 percent brother. His kicking was absolutely disgraceful vs Sharks as well.

He kills the attack. That is the other key point you touched on, if Burton is a marquee player he MUST play both sides of the field. We need arguably our best player getting the ball as often as possible in the attack zone.

RFM was feeding off scraps in that trial game man, he was running with so much energy and aggression and never got put through a hole or one on one. Flanagan just dumps the ball off 5m away from the line.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flanno would kill for the skills of She Rex
If She-Rex ever gave a fuck, he wouldn't have flamed out into nothingness and would have had a much better career. He had all of the talent in the world. Just had the worst attitude and is one of the laziest players I've seen.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do you really believe that Reynolds can make 40+ tackles and play 80 minutes in every game for 27 rounds plus Finals?

Always a Bulldog
Half’s only have to make 20 tackles a game at most mate and I believe he can play 80 for 27 rounds, he’s only 33… hopefully he can prove it.
I read an article where Kyle was saying Reed steers the ship from tackle 1 to 4 then it’s suppose to go to him for 5 and 6.. there goes the organising halfback argument… would you play 2 5/8’s?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe the better option would be to start with JR as a 7 and KF on the bench.
The energy that JR shows would be invaluable in the first 20 minutes and KF can come on against tired players.
KF has good defence and would be a good interchange.