Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
In some cases, that may be......but some truths are just blatantly obvious too IMO. Honestly, when the club's standard response to legitimate concerns from passionate fans is thanks for your feedback what do you expect?
I was replying on a post by post basis. I ripped into Des when he played our halves back to front and we looked scrappy last week, because its something he did do. I will do it again if we lose this week with the same combo. But your post was ripping into him for not rating Maloney, which is probably bs. Im for fair. Not trying to add to the hate by making up shit or agreeing with made up shit. If he fucks up its fair criticism. No need to get ridiculous about it

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I was replying on a post by post basis. I ripped into Des when he played our halves back to front and we looked scrappy last week, because its something he did do. I will do it again if we lose this week with the same combo. But your post was ripping into him for not rating Maloney, which is probably bs. Im for fair. Not trying to add to the hate by making up shit or agreeing with made up shit. If he fucks up its fair criticism. No need to get ridiculous about it
Who is being ridiculous? My thread was more about criticising Des for being a dumbarse and making repeated recruiting blunders. It's not just about Maloney, it's about Des constantly making misjudgements in terms of recruiting.

This Maloney thread was just a good lead in because I honestly believe he is a player we could have had a good crack at signing a few times in recent years.

what is ridiculous is kinda subjective. I think it's ridiculous the club just re-signed Des personally.

There's no more evidence to suggest the comment about Des not rating Maloney isn't true than there is to suggest it is....Des has shown a lot of poor judgment on the recruitment front over a number of years.... to suggest he doesn't rate Maloney is not too far fetched. He has very specific ideas of what he wants and his field of vision seems very narrow tbh. But its not really about Maloney. It's about Des' judgment and approach to recruitment as a whole and my view that he hasn't done a good job in that area.. or in certain other areas which are pretty crucial to the success of a team.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That doesn't make sense TBH, your advocating letting our promising young half thats coming through go, so that Cronk can guide the next one that comes along maybe.

Also, can you name a promising half that Des has turned into a robot? Just curious.
Do you really think any of our halves will be ready in the next two years

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Interesting stats re Malony, awful liability with penalties and missed tackles... real problems in his game and Des is a stats junkie. but but in attack Malony is a match winner

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Watching the Cronulla v North Queensland tonight anyone would have to concede the sgarks have a bargain with Maloney at $450k a season.

I can understand Maloney wanting an upgrade with the money halves are demanding for next season. Especially if the sharks sign Dugan for $1m.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We just need a decent spine to be "serious about winning the comp"

We got close twice when we had 1.Barba 6.Reynolds 7. Hodkinson 9. Ennis.
Don't think this combo ever played in a grand final

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We just need a decent spine to be "serious about winning the comp"

We got close twice when we had 1.Barba 6.Reynolds 7. Hodkinson 9. Ennis.
2012 we had 1.Barba 6.Reynolds 7.Keating 9.Ennis
2014 we had 1.Perrett 6.Reynolds 7.Hodko 9.Mbye

Last edited:

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
2012 we had 1.Barba 6.Reynolds 7.Keating 9.Ennis
2014 we had 1.Perrett 6.Reynolds 7.Hodko 9.Ennis
Fair dinkum all this continuing talk of Ennis and Barba and co and how the world would've been different for us. The sharks put a 19 year old rookie in at 9 and another kid as a new FB and they are playing better than they were last year. Its almost as if Ennis was holding them back. If Ennis in particular was so irreplaceable how come a kid doing nest to nothing on the field can so easily replace him. It's time to move on. Ennis was OK but he wasn't a game changer and Barba although he could be, most of the time was so wrapped up in his own problems he became a liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.