James Graham on NRL 360 tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I read it differently I read between the lines that it was a veiled message but could be wrong because he went into detail sounded like a stab at Hasler and a stab at some of the players
I agree, some subtle messages in there, particularly the line:
"he believes players should definitely speak up if they are not on board and not go down to the coffee shop and have a whinge behind the coaches back."
That's no example, that's a veiled message if ever I heard one.

There is disharmony in the team, it cannot be denied... a club stalwart (Reynolds) is leaving, persistent rumours on Graham to Newcastle, Eastwood is linked to a few clubs, Kas has supposedly signed on at the Storm, Lichaa is playing for his future and there's a whole bunch of guys in reggies who can't get a gig no matter how well they perform and we are losing games. It's a dogs breakfast in terms of player confidence & team morale.

Is Hasler perhaps trying to manage players out of the team? Forcing their hand to start anew? Who the hell knows, what we do know is that there are a number of pain points directed at Des and he is here for 2 more years....one ponders.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm starting to think Graham is part of the problem.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
As mentioned in another thread - we have a cult that has taken over our once strong club. The players will not speak their minds until he who leads the Cult <Desmond Hasler> goes. They have all been brain washed and cannot speak for themselves anymore. The words believe and belief are used constantly by the subordinates of this Cult James and Aiden when ever they're interviewed.

#DesCult

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/th...l/news-story/f1b3f214b640d6d57b41673e8e4ce1c9

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des is a manipulator , a cult leader.. Wish he'd stop thinking he's some kind of spiritual guru and get back to coaching.
The players are even believing his shit,.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As mentioned in another thread - we have a cult that has taken over our once strong club. The players will not speak their minds until he who leads the Cult <Desmond Hasler> goes. They have all been brain washed and cannot speak for themselves anymore. The words believe and belief are used constantly by the subordinates of this Cult James and Aiden when ever they're interviewed.

#DesCult

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/th...l/news-story/f1b3f214b640d6d57b41673e8e4ce1c9
I honestly didn't see your post before mine but hey...

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He said that they felt that all we needed to do was get a few little things right, and that games are won in 80 minutes but lost in 1.
It's true, but it's a shit system.
Basically you have to be at your best all game every game or you'll lose, because the game is always close.
Why can't they just play what's in front of them ? If they score enough and defend well enough, they win. If they don't they learn from it and try again next week ?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless more players move on at the end of the year I don't see much change in 2018 - still no depth or strike power. However for 2019 there should be plenty of cash freed up with Graham and the Morris boys moving on. Maybe wishful thinking. If Graham liccha eastwood and kasiano all go this year surely there would be opportunity in 2018 to bring in some attacking flair.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You want players to buy into the coaches gameplan and systems..but when the coaches gameplans and systems aren't working then someone at the club needs to step up and make a call on it.

Des has obviously created an environment where the players are happy enough to just keep playing through the motions rather than question him. I mean the ones that questioned him are gone...Frank and Ennis for example.

Basically the club is fucked while Hasler is here. His coaching and gameplan is negative garbarge and will never be capable of winning a premiership in todays game. He also feels the need to micromanage every fucking thing. Fuck i hate him.
If you think josh Morris or josh Jackson wouldn't speak up just watch our games, apart from maybe Eastwood, mbye and kasiano I can honestly say every single one of them hates losing. Morris is one of the most vocal on field at times and he wouldn't just sit back if he thought the gameplan was shit and we needed a new one. I'm not saying I love the gameplay but maybe it is the errors and little plays that we don't always notice that are hurting us a lot more than our style of play.

Please note I'm not defending anything just giving an opinion before anyone wants to start saying dumb shit

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just now watching JG on NRL360. It scares / concerns me that they do not know what is going wrong & that sticking to their structures & believing in the systems will get them through. I also had to laugh at the discussion on the Broncos & players being dropped to reserve grade because that is simply not happening except Lee got dropped & only recently.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing is, Des' game plan is unrealistic.

If the Knights complete at 90% they would be on the top of the ladder.

Des is speaking nonsense

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

#DesCult

Drink the koolaid des

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just can't believe the state that this club I love so much is in!! The coach and the players all buying into the same fuked up mindset.Bar three or four players they all need to go. This shit is just ridiculous and has damaged the club to a point where it is going to take years to repair after des is gone.I am just fucking disgusted in the whole show

silva

Utility
Reaction score
What do you expect him to say? Our halves are inept and we are carrying passengers in the forward pack ?
He's being as honest as possible without bagging his teammates. Doesn't mean he doesn't share his true opinions within the footy club.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graham is not going to say how he really feels about the way we're playing! But he will gladly take a month to get some sanity time before he comes back to Desball!

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, he was my school teacher
At north shore? Then you could confirm that besides being tight as a nuns ..... he is a very loyal and a good family man. Id say this has a lot to do with why players are resigning and none of them bad mouth him.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At north shore? Then you could confirm that besides being tight as a nuns ..... he is a very loyal and a good family man. Id say this has a lot to do with why players are resigning and none of them bad mouth him.
LOL, yeah he was my teacher at St Pius in Chatswood.

Status
Not open for further replies.