News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m thinking he had mental illness and hid it from the club
Well, most people with mental health issue try to hide it so that's no real surprise ...

The club though has an obligation to support employees in this matter, so no doubt we had / have people around the club that have the prime role of taking care of our players' mental health.

I don't imagine that the club was surprised by this.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah. 3 tours of afghan and you can see it in his eyes.
Now that’s torture and mental health for there whole lives going out not knowing whether they will come back all respect those men and women who fight for our country

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So for years - we've copped bad press when there was nothing doing and this time there is something doing. You know he made it public? I believe the Australian article that started this quoted the statement of claim. Who made that public or you think that someone at the Oz was sitting on supreme court claims?

You could easily say the Dogs released it to try control the narrative. The same Dogs that supposedly have no additional comments on the matter but 6 hours later anonymous sources were releasing a whole range of pro-Dog stuff about what happened. Someday people won't just regurgitate what they hear in the media and will actually take a step back and think for themselves.

Is it ok to pile on a kid with mental health issues when 1) what he's doing doesn't affect you in the slightest 2) you and I have no idea what has actually happened to get to this point. Is this because he's dragging our club through the mud? Good to see you hate mud. So why the fck are you still here after we cheated our asses off to win a ring and pack raped some chick up at Coffs? Moral standards and all right?

By your standards - if you feel hard done by and raise a problem - you are right to cop public opinion? Hope you never ever have to stand up for something in your life, right or wrong. And your endorsing all the gutless KB warriors out there taking a shot while hiding behind a KB but wouldn't have even the cahunas to say it to his face. Thats ok right?

Thanks for your input though. It was very funny.
Like I said, if he felt genuinely hard done by he had other avenues to vent before getting to this point. Anyway, no interest in going back and forth to add another 20 pages to this thread. Frankly, your comment on Coffs is disgraceful and tells me everything I need to know. Like I said, clown show.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well if nothing doing - then why we paying out at all?

I've never said the club was wrong. All I've said is its weak as piss to pile on a kid with mental health problems and to let the courts decide. And whenever someone has pulled some tripe from some 'reliable source' (aka a newspaper) - I've shown that 2 can play that game.

All good - wanna play - lets play. I'm just returning serve right?
Why does anyone pay out,? because it's cheaper then a prolonged court case especially if you're up against someone who probably doesn't have the means to pay for court costs if he loses. 10k would be an absolute bargain.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Like I said, if he felt genuinely hard done by he had other avenues to vent before getting to this point. Anyway, no interest in going back and forth to add another 20 pages to this thread. Frankly, your comment on Coffs is disgraceful and tells me everything I need to know. Like I said, clown show.
Yeah other avenues. Like from August to Feb where the mediation occurred.

As disgraceful as justifying online bullying of a mental health kid because he deserves it because u read a newspaper article? But hey - a muppet is always going to recognise a clown show. Guess you're right. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Why does anyone pay out,? because it's cheaper then a prolonged court case especially if you're up against someone who probably doesn't have the means to pay for court costs if he loses. 10k would be an absolute bargain.
You're right but.....

I didn't open the door about changing thread titles. But if people want to play - I'll play. My rules seem pretty fair. Bet they don't take it up though.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So for years - we've copped bad press when there was nothing doing and this time there is something doing. You know he made it public? I believe the Australian article that started this quoted the statement of claim. Who made that public or you think that someone at the Oz was sitting on supreme court claims?

You could easily say the Dogs released it to try control the narrative. The same Dogs that supposedly have no additional comments on the matter but 6 hours later anonymous sources were releasing a whole range of pro-Dog stuff about what happened. Someday people won't just regurgitate what they hear in the media and will actually take a step back and think for themselves.

Is it ok to pile on a kid with mental health issues when 1) what he's doing doesn't affect you in the slightest 2) you and I have no idea what has actually happened to get to this point. Is this because he's dragging our club through the mud? Good to see you hate mud. So why the fck are you still here after we cheated our asses off to win a ring and pack raped some chick up at Coffs? Moral standards and all right?

By your standards - if you feel hard done by and raise a problem - you are right to cop public opinion? Hope you never ever have to stand up for something in your life, right or wrong. And your endorsing all the gutless KB warriors out there taking a shot while hiding behind a KB but wouldn't have even the cahunas to say it to his face. Thats ok right?

Thanks for your input though. It was very funny.
I know you enjoy an argument and are top tier at crafting some words but Im not sure why you are so supportive of Topine in this situation. I feel sorry for the young fella cause he must be going through some serious shit but to sue the club for that wrestling incident that he listed in his case is standard training. His mental health issues were not caused by this. I doubt he was bullied, i know he was not tortured, or had his liberty deprived. That is complete nonsense,
Coffs was not gang rape and that is some uncalled for shit for a dogs supporter to say. We cop enough without those lies.

If you believe that the Bulldogs went to the media and not his representatives then you are wrong. If that was true, Weidler would have had the scoop

Last edited:

Bulldog Bloke

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You know the answer to that question dude. It’s to make the bad press/distraction go away and I’m sure it’s something his legal team are counting on as well. It’s not as black and white as a pay out = admission of guilt.

The pile on comment is a cop out. It would be warranted if there was no lawsuit and people were giving him crap for the incident. But you have to be absolutely living with the fairies if you think a guy who is taking on one of the biggest clubs in Sydney for $4 million, with his legal team airing every bit of dirty laundry they can find in the press, wasn’t going to get this attention. He had every opportunity to make his condition known to the NRL and players association and it was crickets. He chose to prioritise his greed and make this ugly and very public, smearing people’s names in the process. But no, please don’t pile on the poor kid because he has mental health issues. We should all reserve judgement on the guy while every other day his team are dragging the club through the mud. Get absolutely f*cked. You make this public, then you have to prepare for the backlash. Simple as that. People have choices in life and no one is holding a gun to his head, his lawyers are ultimately acting on his behalf.

Your takes on this are an absolute clown show.
Could not agree more.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I know you enjoy an argument and are top tier at crafting some words but Im not sure why you are so supportive of Topine in this situation. I feel sorry for the young fella cause he must be young through some serious shit but to sue the club for that wrestling incident that he listed in his case is standard. His mental health issues were not caused by this. I doubt he was bullied, i know he was not tortured, or had his liberty deprived. That is complete nonsense,
Coffs was not gang rape and that is some uncalled for shit for a dogs supporter to say. We cop enough without those lies.

If you believe that the Bulldogs went to the media and not his representatives then you are wrong. If that was true, Weidler would have had the scoop
Don't enjoy an argument bro. Just happen to be good at it.

And if you go back 30 pages you'll find I've said many times, Topine was badly advised and it should never have come to this. So I definitely don't agree with Topine's position.

What I really don't agree with is this immediate pile on, based on newspaper reports, of a kid with mental health issues which, if we buy into the 'sources', was caused by reading comments online about him and that incident. So we have a whole collective here doing the same. Based on newspaper reports when if we see something we don't like, we disagree with. Yet if we see something we like, must be true right? I work with comms groups and everything is crafted so you believe what they want you to believe. Leaked because they want to change your perception.

I don't really care about what caused his mental health issues and I'm not judging him until something a bit more solid comes through. Far as I'm concerned, if you say you got problems or others do who seem to have no axe to grind say the same, I'll believe it. Costs me nothing not to put shite on someone.

Coffs - put that in context with the clown calling me out based on the above. You want to go with everything in the rags and claim a high moral standard, sweet, lets go there.

I don't believe anything bro. But if others wants to quote articles or whatever and don't actually know shit, sweet. We got ourselves some rules to work with. I'll say this for the 20th time. Bring on the court case. Don't put shit on a kid (a 22yr old ffs) with mental health issues. Other than that I have no skin in this game apart from challenging anyone that feels its good to do the above.

Said this before too - happy anything I put down to say it your face. Wonder how many of these KB warriors are prepared to say what they've posted to Topine's face. And this is all after we all watched Bishop Mari forgive his attacker. And I couldn't give a rats arse about religion but appreciate a dude with his heart in the right place. Yet we cannot cut this kid some slack until the real deets come out.

Thats my rant for tonight. We good bro - always.